Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photo Competition (A Pet for Life)

Default Re: Photo Competition (A Pet for Life)

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    you all forgot 1 very important point.

15. AVA reserves the right to modify the rules and regulations as well as prizes without prior notice.

everything you read on their pdf file can be changed anytime they like, even the prizes!
    I can't imagine...

"Congrats! U won the first prize! But due to the wanglings of the stiff upper management, we had decided to scrap the cash prize. Thank you for participating and making a difference to the life of stray animals in Singapore."

U'll get a riot I tell u.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    Sorry, I very new to this rules and regulatulations and contests.

We must submit printed 8R photo to them. They have full rights to that photo that we submit, means they can do whatever they want to that photo that I submit right, eg, scan, photocopy, publish, etc?

Erm , does this also mean that I retain my full rights to my digital softcopy, cause I didn't submit that to them what, so i can do whatever i want with my softcopy digital image, like sell it to someone else.

Is this how it works? Newbie here, so sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Nah... It refers to that image on the photo. Regardless hard or softcopy.

So even if u got the softcopy, u can only print it up and den stick it up in ur room to **** over the fact that "I had won/participated (whatever makes u happy) in this contest."
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Nah... It refers to that image on the photo. Regardless hard or softcopy.

So even if u got the softcopy, u can only print it up and den stick it up in ur room to **** over the fact that "I had won/participated (whatever makes u happy) in this contest."
    Hi, thanks for clarifying.

I was confused because Clause 13 states: "AVA shall have the ownership to all entries received", so I thought only the hardcopy is considered the "entries". Too bad then.

Forget the $500 prize, can you accept that the organizer re-edit your winning shot to publish it on their web/exhibition ?? End up you might not even recognize your own photo in the end.

Rule #13 is really an insult to us .. dun know which 'smart' guy behind this ...

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    yeah. JC wrote in his editorial that PhotoI will try to work with local organisers in coming out with T&Cs dat are more in-line with international standards... which goes to show how far behind singapore is lagging in this area.
    Heard some feedback that, why is PhotoI taking up this task and not PSS.

Personally, I'm glad that JC is following up on this matter.
    Last edited by billpepsi; 7th September 2005 at 05:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Heard some feedback that, why is PhotoI taking up this task and not PSS.

Personally, I'm glad that JC is following up on this matter.
    ur guess is as good as mine, my fren.

clicknick - in SAF terms, its called they own ur a*s...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    clicknick - in SAF terms, its called they own ur a*s...
    Indeed

Seems like they are only concern if you mistreat animals... photographers are way below animals... tsk tsk..

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Seems like they are only concern if you mistreat animals... photographers are way below animals... tsk tsk..

Then I need to be a dog or cat liao.
    Anyone got magic wand to lend me?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Then I need to be a dog or cat liao.
    Anyone got magic wand to lend me?
    And I'm a pussy. Mooo-eeow.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    you all forgot 1 very important point.

15. AVA reserves the right to modify the rules and regulations as well as prizes without prior notice.

everything you read on their pdf file can be changed anytime they like, even the prizes!
    RING RING!!
    "hello mr XXX, CONGRATULATIONS! i'm ms YYY from AVA, proudly to present to you your first prize for your photo submission in our competition. your prize is in this phone call, thank you and have a nice day."..............(hang up) "toot-toot-toot-toot.............."

Quote Originally Posted by jacob
    RING RING!!
    "hello mr XXX, CONGRATULATIONS! i'm ms YYY from AVA, proudly to present to you your first prize for your photo submission in our competition. your prize is in this phone call, thank you and have a nice day."..............(hang up) "toot-toot-toot-toot.............."

You are wrong .... you are supposed to go to Orchard road to get the prize .

I remember recently we debated about the T&C of another photography competition, if we photographers still willing to accept T&C like this, and a photography club think there are many issues far more important than this, sure can foresee the kind of unfair terms will remain for very long time, and will have more and more corporation organize competitions to exploit photographers for their hard work.

We do not have any big muscle fight again this kind of unfairness, but we can do our parts as not to participate any competitions that we find the T&C is unfavorable to photographers, and share our views with fellow photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I remember recently we debated about the T&C of another photography competition, if we photographers still willing to accept T&C like this, and a photography club think there are many issues far more important than this, sure can foresee the kind of unfair terms will remain for very long time, and will have more and more corporation organize competitions to exploit photographers for their hard work.

We do not have any big muscle fight again this kind of unfairness, but we can do our parts as not to participate any competitions that we find the T&C is unfavorable to photographers, and share our views with fellow photographers.

BoyCotting seems quite impossible, as most *unknown wanna-be photographers would just jump at every competitions they have on hand.

Not every one is as lucky as me/us, able to read up on the things you guys wrote.

Seriously if you guys never brought up the T&C, i won't know about, nor will i know got such competition.....

AVA... nothing to say sia.... nowadays....

Default Time to wake up Photographers..

I think its time especially those newbies here to be aware and wake up from this kind of exploitation..

Well..they are not in the wrong to exploit us if we allow them to do so..

THis is the best way and the cheapest way to get as much photographs and images and fully own them for just $500 dollars...

Yes..they could hire a professional which might cost them more than a thousands dollars and only limited number of images..

Here..they own ALL YOUR PHOTOS whether u win or not...and they can DO WHATEVER DAMN THING THEY WANT WITH IT..EVEN TO RESELL YOUR PHOTOS FOR A PROFIT..

So....get the picture now?
    If u feel u produce amaturish photos and just want a luck on the first prize ..well..nothing to loose..

All I can say...evaluate your worth..

Cheers

Reply from AVA :

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. Please allow me to clarify the rules and regulations of our photo competition.

2 Para 13 does not mean that the participant has to give up his rights to the photograph. Copyright of the photo remains with the participant and he is free to submit the photo for other competitions if he so chooses to. Instead, para 13 means that the participant allows AVA to edit, publish, modify or reproduce his photograph without having to seek the participant's permission. Participation in the competition is also strictly
    voluntary. Anyone who does not feel comfortable with the rules and regulations is
    not obliged to participate.

3 As for the right to modify the rules, regulations and prizes (para 15), please be assured that we will not modify the prizes unnecessarily.

The clause is built in to allow for circumstances such as the lack of eligible entries in a particular category. In such cases where we may not be able to award the top 3 prizes, we may choose to award consolation prizes (such as shopping vouchers) to thank them for their participation.

4 I hope the above answers your queries and I look forward to your support and participation in this competition.

Hehehehehe .... Now ... do I trust them .... or do I trust what I had read?
    Last edited by blurblock; 8th September 2005 at 08:58 PM.

Blog Entries

I wonder what kind of quality they expect for that kind of prize money?

Do not give up his rights but share it with them (AVA)

I'd say boycott!

Alright! We have a regulatory bigwig telling us to respect copyrights (i.e. music, books, motion videos, etc) and now another "authority" is ridiculing it. Now what?

You tell me who's at the losing end.

Blog Entries

you have to respect your own work first in order to gain respect from others

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Reply from AVA :

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. Please allow me to clarify the rules and regulations of our photo competition.

2 Para 13 does not mean that the participant has to give up his rights to the photograph. Copyright of the photo remains with the participant and he is free to submit the photo for other competitions if he so chooses to. Instead, para 13 means that the participant allows AVA to edit, publish, modify or reproduce his photograph without having to seek the participant's permission. Participation in the competition is also strictly
    voluntary. Anyone who does not feel comfortable with the rules and regulations is
    not obliged to participate.

3 As for the right to modify the rules, regulations and prizes (para 15), please be assured that we will not modify the prizes unnecessarily.

The clause is built in to allow for circumstances such as the lack of eligible entries in a particular category. In such cases where we may not be able to award the top 3 prizes, we may choose to award consolation prizes (such as shopping vouchers) to thank them for their participation.

4 I hope the above answers your queries and I look forward to your support and participation in this competition.

Hehehehehe .... Now ... do I trust them .... or do I trust what I had read?
    Is it just me or does it sound a bit bitchy and defensive? Shopping vouchers? I hope its NTUC since my pet rabbit loves likes maggie mee and ice milo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast