Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A good n powerful Digicam for Beginners

Originally posted by Yvisg

actually i myself dunno what requirements i want bcos i m a camera idiot, i know nothing about it about the speed, exposure n etc. the best i want is to have a good camera without bringing the hassel of accessories like filters and etc. just a convenient one will do. Any recommendations? thx
    Well, you could consider cams like the Canon S30/S40, Fuji 601Z or even the upcoming Fuji M603.

Since you don't intend to play ard with filters, etc. then IMHO, the portable cams I mentioned above are more suitable for you. Just carry it around, point and shoot Additionally, these cams always have manual modes so you can always play around with the settings if you're interested.

Btw, these cams produce pretty good quality pics as well. 'coz cams like the S40 and M603 are actually compact versions of G2 and 602Z, minus the add-ons capability.

Do check out www.dpreview.com, read the reviews and you should be clearer of what you really want.

Originally posted by imaginary_number

Sure. As a matter of fact, thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it

Actually, forking out $600 bucks to upgrade could possibly be more well-spent on accessories for my 602z
    buy buy buy! you got to rationalise out yourself
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza

buy buy buy! you got to rationalise out yourself
    Mpenza... Just as i managed to get him to reconsider upgrading, you ask him to buy again?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Mpenza... Just as i managed to get him to reconsider upgrading, you ask him to buy again?
    I ask him to buy $600 of accessories lah! ... can get a teleconverter (2nd hand B300?), wide-angle lens, plus a good flash with perhaps money to spare for a compact ballhead and several sets of high capacity batteries.

I ask him to buy $600 of accessories lah! ... can get a teleconverter (2nd hand B300?), wide-angle lens, plus a good flash with perhaps money to spare for a compact ballhead and several sets of high capacity batteries.
    Hhehehhe.. my bad. In that case... BUY BUY BUY!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

... can get a teleconverter (2nd hand B300?), ......
    Trying to get it right now. Just PM renaissance_myth a while ago. If B300 is so good, wonder why Olympus stopped producing it?

Trying to get it right now. Just PM renaissance_myth a while ago. If B300 is so good, wonder why Olympus stopped producing it?
    dunno too. maybe the B300 didn't serve it's original purpose anymore. It hadn't been meant for digital cameras and is not usable on their E10 or E-20 without vignetting (if I'm not wrong).

i also interested in getting one. was thinking of the 730 but after seeing jimtong pics with the CA problems, it really turns me off.

I got a budget of <$800. hopefully with auto/manual type. Add on?? Hope fully it hav so that next time when i hav extra cash, I can use it.

I look for good nite and day shot.. hopefully the CA not as bad as 730.

The pic taken by the 602 at nite looks GREAT!! i like that. ehehe

Well, you could consider cams like the Canon S30/S40, Fuji 601Z or even the upcoming Fuji M603.

Since you don't intend to play ard with filters, etc. then IMHO, the portable cams I mentioned above are more suitable for you. Just carry it around, point and shoot Additionally, these cams always have manual modes so you can always play around with the settings if you're interested.

Btw, these cams produce pretty good quality pics as well. 'coz cams like the S40 and M603 are actually compact versions of G2 and 602Z, minus the add-ons capability.

Do check out www.dpreview.com, read the reviews and you should be clearer of what you really want.
    any pics of the m603??

how much does the sony dsc75 cost?

I dunno about you guys (hope I don't get flamed for this)... but I find the image quality of 602z (e.g. samples from dpreview) to be rather noisy and unsharp.

Probably most of the pictures here look great cos they're resized. But are the actual photos of out the camera that good too????

I've seen images straight out from the Canon G2 and Nikon 5700 (without editing) and I must say they're very much better compared to the 602z.
    Get the latest news with Today Online Downloader

Originally posted by camerakit
    I dunno about you guys (hope I don't get flamed for this)... but I find the image quality of 602z (e.g. samples from dpreview) to be rather noisy and unsharp.

Probably most of the pictures here look great cos they're resized. But are the actual photos of out the camera that good too????

I've seen images straight out from the Canon G2 and Nikon 5700 (without editing) and I must say they're very much better compared to the 602z.
    I think that's because the samples from dpreview are interpolated 6MP images. Note that the CCD in s602s is essentially a 3MP one, it uses the SuperCCD tech to interpolate to 6MP, which imho is pretty good compared to common upsizing algorithms. If you look at the 3MP pics from s602z u'll find them pretty sharp and noise-free too.

Originally posted by Falcon

Pls do not be misled in thinking you can take those kind of shots just by buying the camera. It is really the photographer's credit. Azone was just showing what can be achieved with the camera and his skills and not what the camera can achieve by pressing the shutter. Pls think twice. If you are not sure abt the shutter speed, aperture, etc... I think u shld read up more first. You will end up feeling frustrated if you can't handle your camera well. If you need one to practise first, maybe u shld consider settle for somehting cheaper.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks for ur suggestion. May i know how should i begin to learn more abt camera n photography. i luv to take nice n beautiful pics but i hv no knowledge at all. thanks.

Originally posted by Yvisg

Thanks for ur suggestion. May i know how should i begin to learn more abt camera n photography. i luv to take nice n beautiful pics but i hv no knowledge at all. thanks.
    read up and ask questions. If possible, get a 2nd hand film SLR (which can be as cheap as $200) and practise and experiment. If not, you may plunge straight for a good digital camera with manual controls, and practise with that instead, just that if you finally decide the hobby is not for you, the depreciation of the camera may cause some heart pain.

a clubsnapper "darkness" (also my colleague) also started off knowing nothing, but he read up about photography in 2 months more than I ever read about it in my lifetime, and he learnt very fast. Of course, he was very keen to try out and experiment too.

I have a few set in mind.

1:Canon A40
    2:Minolta S304
    3:Olyumpus C730UZ
    4:Nikon 885
    5:Sony DSC 75

Have not read the review yet. Can someone give a brief recommendation?

Originally posted by azone
    Yes, falcon is absolutely right. Hope i've not misguide Yvisg in his decision.

Yvisg, get an entry-level digi cam for a start if you just want a cam that can take daily kind of pics. If you have an intention to go further into learning the fundamentals of photography and if you can afford a little more, maybe you can get a slightly better one which offers manual controls.
    So which entry-level digi cam u will recommend for beginners? yes i do want a kind of daily camera but most important i want a one which can take nice shots like fireworks, sunset n sunrise, etc. u know those beautiful scenaries. thx

Originally posted by dinomax
    I have a few set in mind.

1:Canon A40
    2:Minolta S304
    3:Olyumpus C730UZ
    4:Nikon 885
    5:Sony DSC 75

Have not read the review yet. Can someone give a brief recommendation?
    Read the review then....
    http://www.dpreview.com

Originally posted by togu

Read the review then....
    http://www.dpreview.com

hehe.. review is one thing. I need someone with personal experience to help out.

Originally posted by camerakit

Print them and see the difference. As Tweek said, the 6MP mode is interpolated to include more details than a normal 3MP CCD can capture.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast