Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 106

Thread: A good n powerful Digicam for Beginners

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number


    You're making me having second thoughts about selling my 602
    But why are you selling it?

    It's pros far out weighs the cons...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Thinking of getting a 717

    Still kinda undecided actually...

  3. #43

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Thinking of getting a 717

    Still kinda undecided actually...
    Haha, let me make you have 3rd thoughts abt selling..

    Night Shoot

    Insects

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Thinking of getting a 717

    Still kinda undecided actually...
    in my humble opinion.... not worth it....

    However, any reason why 717?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  5. #45

    Default

    if my budget is $500????????

  6. #46

    Default

    Originally posted by franciskc
    if my budget is $500????????
    Wah!!! Francis, you got a D60 now ah? Din realize that.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by franciskc
    if my budget is $500????????
    A40 lor... And since you already own a D60... whats an A40 to you?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  8. #48

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    A40 lor... And since you already own a D60... whats an A40 to you?
    Not me i asking for my fren....
    I also got a IXUS 330 quite good intend to recommend to my fren

  9. #49

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    Well, there is not such thing as "the best".


    actually i myself dunno what requirements i want bcos i m a camera idiot, i know nothing about it about the speed, exposure n etc. the best i want is to have a good camera without bringing the hassel of accessories like filters and etc. just a convenient one will do. Any recommendations? thx

  10. #50

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Haha, let me make you have 3rd thoughts abt selling..

    Night Shoot

    Insects
    Hey, ur pics are very sharp n nice!!! I want something like that. What is your brand and model of your camera? Btw, if possible, i just a camera which is convenient to carry ard, i m a camera idiot, dun even know the changing of lens, n filters etc. thanks.

  11. #51

    Default

    Originally posted by Yvisg


    Hey, ur pics are very sharp n nice!!! I want something like that. What is your brand and model of your camera? Btw, if possible, i just a camera which is convenient to carry ard, i m a camera idiot, dun even know the changing of lens, n filters etc. thanks.
    Hee.. its the cam wolfgang is trying very hard to promote - Fuji S602.

    S602 is quite a big digital cam. And if you want to take daily pics or scenery ones, it is good enuff. As for those insects, you'll need some extra accessories to take.

  12. #52

    Default

    Originally posted by Yvisg


    Hey, ur pics are very sharp n nice!!! I want something like that. What is your brand and model of your camera? Btw, if possible, i just a camera which is convenient to carry ard, i m a camera idiot, dun even know the changing of lens, n filters etc. thanks.
    Pls do not be misled in thinking you can take those kind of shots just by buying the camera. It is really the photographer's credit. Azone was just showing what can be achieved with the camera and his skills and not what the camera can achieve by pressing the shutter. Pls think twice. If you are not sure abt the shutter speed, aperture, etc... I think u shld read up more first. You will end up feeling frustrated if you can't handle your camera well. If you need one to practise first, maybe u shld consider settle for somehting cheaper.


    Just my 2 cents worth.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    in my humble opinion.... not worth it....

    However, any reason why 717?
    The main thing that appeals to me is the image quality. Have you seen the samples over at dpreview? They look very sharp to me. Maybe it's because of the Carl Zeiss lens. But, in comparison, the images of the 602Z don't seem to be able to reach that level of clarity. Not that I'm complaining about the 602z, but I'm just quite tempted to upgrade

    And of course, there's also the f2.0 lens, night-framing, AF hologram, etc.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    i totally agree with falcon, i bought s602 and i tot i can do something like what i did using sony dsc p2, however the results end up disappointing. u must know ur camera very well, understand what it can do for u, in order to get the best result...

    btw, if u really not interested in learning photography, just purely point n shoot, i guess sony dsc series also not a bad suggestion?

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number


    The main thing that appeals to me is the image quality. Have you seen the samples over at dpreview? They look very sharp to me. Maybe it's because of the Carl Zeiss lens. But, in comparison, the images of the 602Z don't seem to be able to reach that level of clarity. Not that I'm complaining about the 602z, but I'm just quite tempted to upgrade

    And of course, there's also the f2.0 lens, night-framing, AF hologram, etc.
    Well... it is your money but well, hehe... these are some "creature comforts" that i think, we can live without.

    No offense hor. Just trying to help you save money.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  16. #56

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number


    The main thing that appeals to me is the image quality. Have you seen the samples over at dpreview? They look very sharp to me. Maybe it's because of the Carl Zeiss lens. But, in comparison, the images of the 602Z don't seem to be able to reach that level of clarity. Not that I'm complaining about the 602z, but I'm just quite tempted to upgrade

    And of course, there's also the f2.0 lens, night-framing, AF hologram, etc.
    I agree with you on that. 602Z has been blasted for oversharpening its images resulting in unrealistic photos.

  17. #57

    Default

    Yes, falcon is absolutely right. Hope i've not misguide Yvisg in his decision.

    Yvisg, get an entry-level digi cam for a start if you just want a cam that can take daily kind of pics. If you have an intention to go further into learning the fundamentals of photography and if you can afford a little more, maybe you can get a slightly better one which offers manual controls.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by azone


    Haha, let me make you have 3rd thoughts abt selling..

    Night Shoot

    Insects
    Cool! Actually, I'm aware of the capabilities of the 602Z as well. Just that I guess I'm being affected by all the hype over the 717

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    Well... it is your money but well, hehe... these are some "creature comforts" that i think, we can live without.

    No offense hor. Just trying to help you save money.
    Sure. As a matter of fact, thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it

    Actually, forking out $600 bucks to upgrade could possibly be more well-spent on accessories for my 602z

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by imaginary_number


    Sure. As a matter of fact, thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it

    Actually, forking out $600 bucks to upgrade could possibly be more well-spent on accessories for my 602z
    Thats the spirit!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •