Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qns regarding Konnoc charger ...

Default Re: Qns regarding Konnoc charger ...

Quote Originally Posted by ergoh
    After hearing so much abt all you owning this Konnoc Charger, so I went to buy 1 too... I charge untill the LCD showed all 4 bat full. However, I place all the bat in my 350D, sad to say, the moment I turn on my 350D, the low bat sign appear.... why? anyone facing this problem?

(yes I bgt anoth pack of 4pcs of AA bat, all Konnoc bat.)
    Still no one helping me with the answer. I tried charging my bat so full but it still show low bat in camera. I jus want to know if anyone having the same problem as me.

pls help.

BTW: is there a service centre for the Konnoc charger & bat?

I got my konnoc charger at expo during the fair. Encountered some problems with it.

Firstly, the AA batteries which came with it have a slightly larger diameter than standard AA batteries, so they won't fit into the battery compartment of some devices.

Secondly, when you put in 4 fully drained batteries, the lcd will incorrectly show that 3 batteries are charging and that 1 battery is fully charged. Alternatively, it will show that 3 batteries are charging and 1 is empty but will not charge it.

Took it to eastgear and they acknowledged the problem and exchanged with a new set on the spot (kudos to eastgear for their great service)....however the problem still shows up with the new set. So the konnoc is presently resting in peace in my drawer.

There is this store at the Comex 05, promoting this Konnoc charger... anyone got their contact... if there are so much problem, think we all can ask them to refund. sigh.....

Hope smone, like have tried using in Canon 350D.... any?

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    haiz

can't believe I'm posting here as well, i think the konnac charger isn't that good leh... because it's full charge probably isn't a full charge, today I had my batteries die on me 1/2 way. 12 batteries.... so it is not just a fluke, it's like consistant, but consistantly undercharge ?

if I have to leave it over night to get a full charge that kinda defeats the purpose buying a fast charger
    Yup, it seems a common problem with a Konnoc.

I measured batteries charged with Konnoc vs those charged with my lightning charger (also from Eastgear) with a multimeter with 0.01v scale. The voltage of those charged with the lightning charger is consistently higher.

Also, after the Konnoc says it's fully charged, I can turn off and turn on the Konnoc again Once or even twice and charge some 10 minutes more each time (and finally get a full charge). I don't think Konnoc trickle charges after fast charge is complete (not mentioned in the manual). The lightning will still be my main charger but i need the Konnoc whenever i need to charge odd numbers of batteries...
    Last edited by erwinx; 3rd October 2005 at 07:16 PM.

Ok, after a few round of testing, i figure out whts wrong with this charger and indeed it does have a problem and take note i do all my testing using both konnoc and sanyo 2500mah battery as well as charger.

Well, it seem like this charger like to undercharge battery, showing fully charge on the lcd display when it is at most 3/4 full. Also, it dun seem really like to charge partially depleted cells, and will show them as fully charge in a short while, say half an hour to 45 minutes. On well depleted cells, it charge for close to 2 hrs than indicating them fully charge. However, simple mathematics tell us that given the capacity of the cell as 2500mah + the charger output current of 1ah or 1000mah per channel + energy losses, it should take close to 3 hrs to fully them to full capacity.

I guess this china made charger really still not on par with those from Japan/Usa/Europe.

Another thing i found out is the Konnoc 2500mah battery is good and perform well both in high drain and capacity, as compare to Sanyo 2500mah.

All in all, i would let all of u digest my findings and there is a possibility i got a lemon unit.

Rgrds,
    Daniel

daniel,

Thanks for the great findings...

Now i felt cheated getting the Konnoc charger.. sigh...

How are the results for the Konnoc charger?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888
    How are the results for the Konnoc charger?
    hmm... so far i've not encountered the problems mentioned here by other CSers. i just got my charger last mth together with 5 sets of batts. my batts are fully charged everytimei use konnoc's supplied charger. i use the konnocs on my sb800 (5 batts, 4 internal plus 1 in the additional batt holder) and they last me 4hrs of continous event shooting b4 i see a slowdown in the recycling times. i also use the konnocs for my a80 and SLR cameras. eg in the A80, it can last me a whole day of shooting (flash and LCD on) b4 it shows 1/2 bar.

the only problem i faced most recently was dat 1 of the new batts refused to be charged. brought it back to EG and they did a 1-1 replacement.

mebbe cos i got a late model konnoc charger, compared to some who got it during the jun comp show? anyway, can always bring it back to EG, if got problems.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    hmm... so far i've not encountered the problems mentioned here by other CSers. i just got my charger last mth together with 5 sets of batts. my batts are fully charged everytimei use konnoc's supplied charger. i use the konnocs on my sb800 (5 batts, 4 internal plus 1 in the additional batt holder) and they last me 4hrs of continous event shooting b4 i see a slowdown in the recycling times. i also use the konnocs for my a80 and SLR cameras. eg in the A80, it can last me a whole day of shooting (flash and LCD on) b4 it shows 1/2 bar.

the only problem i faced most recently was dat 1 of the new batts refused to be charged. brought it back to EG and they did a 1-1 replacement.

mebbe cos i got a late model konnoc charger, compared to some who got it during the jun comp show? anyway, can always bring it back to EG, if got problems.
    Thanks a lot Nightwolf75.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    I bought the $99 La Crosse Technology charger after i sold off the Konnoc charger. It is primary for charging these 2700mAh batteries that you see above. The La Crosse charger can show the capacity of the batteries in mAh during charging & when it peaks to a 'full'. I bought 2 packs of these so called 2700mAh. Quite disappointed, of the 8 pcs, the highest one got charged to 2400mAh only. The rest mostly within 1900mAh to 2200mAh. The worst one did only abt 1600mAh.

Is it tat the batteries can do 80%-90% of the claimed capacity is considered passed? 2400 is 90% of 2700, & 2160 is 80%. But surely the ones tat did only 1600-1900 is a bit off?

I kinda remember there was a thread that have discussed this before. There was a link that showed a chart which brand of batteries & wat their actual capacity really was. I remember seeing the Sanyo 2500mAh actually did only abt 1900mAh.

Now i'm awaiting the arrival of a few 2800mAh tat i bought over the net, to see wat kind of capacity it really does.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

i would think that how accurate is the lacrosse charger in ascertaining the charged capacity? by what standards does it adhere to? different batt manufacturers have different chemistries packed into the cell, so i would think that their chargers might be tested and calibrated to their own brand of batts and not others.

for this reason, i tink most charger manufacturers would not put too much effort to incorporate LCD readout on them, in most cases, a 2-color LED would very much suffice to tell if the battery is full or not. (this may be a case of the lesser u know abt the battery state, the better it is for u)

i would suggest to take those full-charge displayed values with a pinch of salt.

my 1 cents worth
    Last edited by user12343; 23rd December 2005 at 08:58 AM.

The La Crosse charger set also comes with 4 pcs of AA 2000mAh, of their own brand. The batteries from their own brand peaked at 2099mAh...

I bought the $99 La Crosse Technology charger after i sold off the Konnoc charger. It is primary for charging these 2700mAh batteries that you see above. The La Crosse charger can show the capacity of the batteries in mAh during charging & when it peaks to a 'full'. I bought 2 packs of these so called 2700mAh. Quite disappointed, of the 8 pcs, the highest one got charged to 2400mAh only. The rest mostly within 1900mAh to 2200mAh. The worst one did only abt 1600mAh.

Is it tat the batteries can do 80%-90% of the claimed capacity is considered passed? 2400 is 90% of 2700, & 2160 is 80%. But surely the ones tat did only 1600-1900 is a bit off?

I kinda remember there was a thread that have discussed this before. There was a link that showed a chart which brand of batteries & wat their actual capacity really was. I remember seeing the Sanyo 2500mAh actually did only abt 1900mAh.

Now i'm awaiting the arrival of a few 2800mAh tat i bought over the net, to see wat kind of capacity it really does.
    may be you need to discharge and recharge a few time using the refresh function come with the charger to bring out it full capacity.
    I have one La Crosse charger also, my Sanyo 2500mAh can be charged range from 2200-2800mAh according to the reading, although I don't think they are very accurate, as some charges will lost as heat energy during charging also.
    Last edited by zcf; 23rd December 2005 at 10:45 AM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Wow, getting 2200mAh to even 2800mAh from the Sanyo 2500mAh is great!

Wow, getting 2200mAh to even 2800mAh from the Sanyo 2500mAh is great!
    I am using 8 x Sanyo AA 2500mAh and 8 x Sony 2100mAh, the Sanyo one are reasonably new, I did heard some problem about the sanyo discharging problem after some long term usage, may be yours are affected? Or may be different deviation between the chargers?

The Sony one charged was record about 2100-2300mAh.

But someone did claim before when using high current charge, the battery cannot hit it full capacity, need to leave the battery inside the charge for trigger charge til full?
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

The La Crosse charger set also comes with 4 pcs of AA 2000mAh, of their own brand. The batteries from their own brand peaked at 2099mAh...

Hi,

How's the La Crosse charger? Am considering getting this.
    What's the average time needed to full charge?

hi guys.
    interesting to see this topic to be discussed here. i have the konnoc charger too. bought it @ expo last june. i encountered some serious problems but cant be resolved though i got proof.

1. try chargin the batteries. when they are 3/4 to fully charge, the batteries heat up to a amazing 60 degrees. is this healthy for the batteries? its not good for my fingers to touch them!
    *note: i did bring down to eastgear to check the unit, they say it was ok. i went home to do my own tests and emailed them the results. they say batteries charging at 60 degrees was ok, as stated by manufacturer. didnt dare to use the charger since, afraid that it might cause further damage to my batteries.

2. charging by USB dun charge the batteries at all.

3. the supplied AA 2500mah batteries are fatter than normal and cant fit in certain devices.

4. some batteries(GP) charged by the konnoc charge had their plastic skin broken, bearing the protected metal.

anybody can help resolve the above issues? thanks!!!

The Konnoc charger lousy, so call peak detection doesn't charge till batteries full before it shows full. Batteries at 60 degree celcius is ok mah... most rechargeable batteries are charged to around this temperature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12