Thread: Adaptall - 2 custom mount

Default Adaptall - 2 custom mount

can anyone enlighten me on what is this mount for?

Default Re: Adaptall - 2 custom mount

Adaptall mount was an innovation from Tamron. But it is only available in their old manual focus film lenses. The idea is that you can buy a 90mm Tamron lens with a Nikon Adaptall mount but if later you want to use the lens on a Canon body you just need to buy the Canon Adaptall mount and change the Nikon mount. Therefore you don't have to buy a new lens. One lens but many mounts.

hmm how do i check if mine is the mount for nikon, canon or other brands? thx

In the early 80s, when all SLR are manual focus, Tamron launched a range of lenses, with separate lens mounts (the Adaptall2), the user need to buy a separate lens mount, eg if u use Nikon buy Nikon mount, if later u change to Canon u keep the lens and just buy a Canon mount, etc.
    Now, if u have a old Tamron lens, u must also need a Adaptall2 mount, there should be marking on the mount to say what brand it is for.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingstation
    Some are coded. You see markings on the mount like N/AI which means Nikon AIS mount. Experience users are able to tell one mount to another as they are very different. Mount with a pair of prongs is uniquely Nikon F.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingstation
    Simple, post a pic, we try to ID it.