Thread: Going to Bangkok this weekend... advice needed

Default Going to Bangkok this weekend... advice needed

Hey guys... planned to go Hong Kong one at 1st... but stupid virus and stuff... so changing to BKK... 3D2N better or 4D3N better? diff of $60 like that...

Anyone been there recently? What's the nice places to go Shoot? if possible show some pics?
    Shopping and food? Anyone there? as in based in Thailand? going over the weekend... so maybe can meet up with fellow CSer? Anyone interested? Hope that will get a lively response... Thanks...

Default Re: Going to Bangkok this weekend... advice needed

hmmm... no one? anyway... thinking of going to Chiangmai / BKK... which one is nicer? Anyone can answer that? Thanks

BKK is a congested city with many temples and parks. You can do some street shoot and also urban scenaries. Also shoot temples and parks if you like. BKK is mainly shopping for cheap stuff.

There is a dragonboat museum too. You can give that a MISS. Took me hours to get there and you gotta pay to go in and shoot some dragonboats in a shaded pier...

You can get cheap food, clothes and other dailies.

Haven't been to chiangmai...

For shopping and entertainment, Bangkok is better.
    For taking photos and relax, Chiangmai is better.

Quote Originally Posted by londonray
    Hey guys... planned to go Hong Kong one at 1st... but stupid virus and stuff... so changing to BKK... 3D2N better or 4D3N better? diff of $60 like that...

Anyone been there recently? What's the nice places to go Shoot? if possible show some pics?
    Shopping and food? Anyone there? as in based in Thailand? going over the weekend... so maybe can meet up with fellow CSer? Anyone interested? Hope that will get a lively response... Thanks...
    I went to Bangkok during July. Brought my camera there. Not much to shoot leh. try to shoot their local market.. but got stop by the stall ppl -.,-..
    Shopping was excellent, i bought 20 skirts :P.. a few bags, belt.
    Places must go for shopping is, Chatuchat (open on weekend only), MBK, Pratunam etc. ..
    Try the local food .. those selling along the roadside quite nice leh.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    I went to Bangkok during July. Brought my camera there. Not much to shoot leh. try to shoot their local market.. but got stop by the stall ppl -.,-..
    Shopping was excellent, i bought 20 skirts :P.. a few bags, belt.
    Places must go for shopping is, Chatuchat (open on weekend only), MBK, Pratunam etc. ..
    Try the local food .. those selling along the roadside quite nice leh.
    Hi Haze, what do you mean you got stopped by stall holders. You mean they refused to let you take pictures of them/their stalls? Were they aggressive or threatening?

haha.. due to a strange twist of events... maybe going to HK already... sigh... cheap to go now anyways... haha... will post a new thread if needed... thanks to all...

For shopping, don't miss chatuchak weekend market! Die Die must go!!

There is also the floating market which is out of town. Can't remember the name already.. something like 2 hours out and must wake up very early in the morning... apparently there are 'fake' floating markets specially created for tourists.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Hi Haze, what do you mean you got stopped by stall holders. You mean they refused to let you take pictures of them/their stalls? Were they aggressive or threatening?
    When i take pic of their stall. They came to me said Dun take lor. Not really agressive and threatening. Just Not happy. So i dare not take again incase got scold :P

Blog Entries

bring a lomo to chatuchak and take photos without looking at the viewfinder

Lumpini Park in the mornings is a hive of activity. Lots of people exercising, there was even a ballroom dancing class at 7.30am when I was last there. Look for the outdoor gym, great photo opportunities there.

At night, Suan Lum market, next to Lumpini Park, is a good alternative to the crowds and heat of Chatuchak. Not as much furniture but it does not lack variety in clothing, food and other knick knacks.

Fancy a day biking tour? Try http://www.spiceroads.com/thailand/
    The Floating Market tour is worth a try.

Don't want to pedal? Try http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

i rather skip Chatuchak, it become a tourist attraction that even locals shun, and to top it all, since they know you tourist, they charge you even higher... and the items you get there, is also available at MBK or other places without sweating the hell & squeezing thru the mountain of ppl & wary of pickpockets.

for me, i rather walk around the city area, enjoy my baskit robbins, haagen daz and other nice food then to go there...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Can visit Grand Palace