Thread: Pls recommend window unit aircons.

Default Pls recommend window unit aircons.

Hi guys, i'm planning to get a window unit aircon for my room. Any of you using window unit types? Any good brands to recommend? Where is the best place to get one? Thks in advance.

Default Re: Pls recommend window unit aircons.

i using mitsubitshi... it's good... nice and cold... but noisy la... esp when the compressor cranks up.... but u get used to it... easy to wash filters.. no idea about power consumption tho...

It's the Mitsubitshi Tiara window aircon..

Thks moo. u r so kind. does ur aircon require special power points? or the normal ones. ?

mine runs on a normal plug... i even have it attached to a ext. cord. haha... =(

my brother's one was working for eight / nine years without a drainage pipe, its a plasticky spout taht drips condensed water out of the system... the technician that replaced his unit was shocked it was still working lor... we replaced cause got some musky smell from his, haha i think we finally knew why... >.<

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    Thks moo. u r so kind. does ur aircon require special power points? or the normal ones. ?
    Most of the new aircons can run on the normal plug, but make sure you have one dedicated only for the aircon and not shared between a lot of other appliances, since aircons take up quite a lot of electricity.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events