Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

  1. #1

    Default Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Some reasons cited are "I don't need this lens ", "selling for a friend", "changing camera system".

    for some reasons, some people have many friends who need to sell their camera body or lenses for ............

    some of this could be legitimate because registering an account in clubsnap can be a PIA .

    *can admin change the buy to Why in my thread title ?
    Last edited by Ralf Winston; 7th February 2015 at 12:11 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Why do some people change girlfriends often? Or cars? Being loyal is nice, but not being one isn't really wrong either.
    hi

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    242

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Winston View Post
    Some reasons cited are "I don't need this lens ", "selling for a friend", "changing camera system".

    for some reasons, some people have many friends who need to sell their camera body or lenses for ............

    some of this could be legitimate because registering an account in clubsnap can be a PIA .
    Possible.. Sometimes backside itchy buy on impulse and realize that camera / lens does not meet expectations (usually because one does not know how to use it yet)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dickmann88 View Post
    Possible.. Sometimes backside itchy buy on impulse and realize that camera / lens does not meet expectations (usually because one does not know how to use it yet)
    you mean too much money ???

    buy a body with 4 prime lenses easily 5 to 6 k then within a month sell away ??

  5. #5

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    Why do some people change girlfriends often? Or cars? Being loyal is nice, but not being one isn't really wrong either.
    within a month ??? some buy within a few days then sell.

    it's understandable some people meet some girl , have XXX with them and then move on to different girl. but i don't think you can call them girlfriends. more like girl friend.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    242

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Winston View Post
    you mean too much money ???

    buy a body with 4 prime lenses easily 5 to 6 k then within a month sell away ??
    Haha you will see this trend especially so before and after special offers by various sources (e.g. IT Shows, clearance, PWP or pre-orders). It's their money and we need them to fuel the BnS market

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Buy on impulse, men or women are alike, noting so surprising, it happens in everywhere, not just camera and lenses alone.
    at least they do admit it is a mistake, sell it off and move on, unlike many others just keeping it as white elephant.


    this is all about human nature and has noting to do with photography techniques.

    thread moved.
    Last edited by catchlights; 7th February 2015 at 02:16 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #8

    Default

    For some it's cheaper than renting the gear, selling at loss of a few hundred bucks after a month or two.

    The other reason I can think of is to take advantage of credit card installment plans. It's not a bad idea and better than taking a personal loan at 20% interest pa. Taking a 36 month installment and selling it a "loss" of 20%.

  9. #9
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default

    Some buy cheaper overseas , play or abuse it for a few weeks then sell here at same price or even slight profit without loss

    Make sure what u buying is a local set with local warranty
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #10

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Some buy cheaper overseas , play or abuse it for a few weeks then sell here at same price or even slight profit without loss

    Make sure what u buying is a local set with local warranty
    overseas set with international warranty ok ?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    some are simply professional sellers.

    if you check their postings...all they do is buy and sell ! so many gears to buy and sell ? i guess that's why they have to use reasons like help a friend sell. if not get ban

  12. #12
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Winston View Post
    Some reasons cited are "I don't need this lens ", "selling for a friend", "changing camera system".

    for some reasons, some people have many friends who need to sell their camera body or lenses for ............

    some of this could be legitimate because registering an account in clubsnap can be a PIA .

    *can admin change the buy to Why in my thread title ?
    I have no problem with people buying cameras and lenses and then sell them within a month as long as they well them to me at 1/10 of the new price.

  13. #13
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Winston View Post
    some are simply professional sellers.

    if you check their postings...all they do is buy and sell ! so many gears to buy and sell ? i guess that's why they have to use reasons like help a friend sell. if not get ban
    professional sellers?

    please use report bad post function if you come across any.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Winston View Post
    Some reasons cited are "I don't need this lens ", "selling for a friend", "changing camera system".

    for some reasons, some people have many friends who need to sell their camera body or lenses for ............

    some of this could be legitimate because registering an account in clubsnap can be a PIA .

    *can admin change the buy to Why in my thread title ?
    Could be stolen goods......

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

    professional sellers?

    please use report bad post function if you come across any.
    Hard to determine what is a professional seller.

    The only way is to track their ID activities in this forum. But even then their forum activities prove that they are pro sellers, what's the next action? Ban? Sure can ban. But they will come bk again.

  16. #16
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Hard to determine what is a professional seller.

    The only way is to track their ID activities in this forum. But even then their forum activities prove that they are pro sellers, what's the next action? Ban? Sure can ban. But they will come bk again.
    Yes, we will do it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #17
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    professional sellers?

    please use report bad post function if you come across any.
    just to clarify we won't classified such members as professional sellers, these are Ninja traders, they try to conceal themselves and their activities in personal classified section. so "professional sellers" is a wrong word to use here.



    If anyone come across ninja traders, or scammers in this forum, do use report bad post function.
    mods and admins team will investigate each reports and appropriate actions will be taken.


    thank you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  18. #18
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    If the item is good and the price is good, i don't see any problem. Member should do due d to ensure the deal is good.

  19. #19

    Default

    Why do people always go restaurants for meals and i always eat at hawker centre? Why do people can keep on changing cars but dont even can afford??? Why do parents only earn a living of $2000 but children still have good grades and better then mine although am a $xxxxxx income? Why why why why why??????

  20. #20
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Buy do people buy a camera and few lenses and then sell it within a month ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaiyen View Post
    Why do people always go restaurants for meals and i always eat at hawker centre? Why do people can keep on changing cars but dont even can afford??? Why do parents only earn a living of $2000 but children still have good grades and better then mine although am a $xxxxxx income? Why why why why why??????
    1. Because you didn't strike lottery.
    2. Because you didn't marry a rich older woman.
    3. Because you didn't join the right party.
    4. Because you can't act or sing.
    5.
    6.
    7........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •