Thread: Travelling with tripod

Default Travelling with tripod

I'll be going to Korea with my fiance and as there's one 2 of us, we plan to use tripod to take photos of ourself.

I know it will be dangerous as people might snatch and go but it's troublesome and not too safe to ask passersby to take photos for us. Is there any tips where I can secure the tripod such as hooking it to my backpack? Or any other methods u guys tried before?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Travelling with tripod

Get a camera that can do selfie

selfie~ wefie~
    monopod extension
    selfie stick~

Korea is pretty safe.

Quote Originally Posted by rollbread View Post
    I'll be going to Korea with my fiance and as there's one 2 of us, we plan to use tripod to take photos of ourself.

I know it will be dangerous as people might snatch and go but it's troublesome and not too safe to ask passersby to take photos for us. Is there any tips where I can secure the tripod such as hooking it to my backpack? Or any other methods u guys tried before?

Thanks in advance!
    A holiday trip is not like a trip specifically for photo-taking. The latter would normally require a tripod, especially if it was for landscapes. I would suggest you go without a tripod because it can be burdensome to carry one from place to place. And it will slow you down when touring. Look for couples or families to help you take photos of your fiancee and yourself. If not, look for anyone who is also a tourist and taking photos with his or her good camera; the photos will usually turn out nice and well composed. Korea is a safe place for tourists, shouldn't be a problem. You could also approach a local to take for you. Enjoy your trip, take more photos and don't focus on your cameras and gears.
    Hobbyist; Weekend SG Tourist

Bring tripod in the travel is most convenience way to take photo. Especially with tour group. We have very limited time for sight seeing and I feel bad if look for others to take photo for us. Further more the angle people take may not what you want. Trust me, it is good to bring tripod but it maybe heavy and you must position it careful to prevent fall.

tripod for the sole purpose of selfies is not going to enhance your holiday experience. unless you are PLANing to take shots that require a tripod, I suggest leaving the tripod at home.

there are excellent 'travel tripods' but those can cost an arm and a leg. Or even a jobi gorilla pod.