Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

  1. #1

    Default Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    hi guys,

    i am thinking of buying another thumbdrive... most likely 1 Gb...

    at comex, Imation seems not bad... got sandisk too..

    or would it be better to buy a 1 Gb SD card, so i can use it as a storage device and also can use on my cam... which is better ??

    anyone got any comment on the Imation thumbdrive or any brand SD card , or anyone care to recommand me one ??

    thanks..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    tat depends lah, if you use from PC to PC more often, den a thumbdrive, if you use more of your camera, den a SD card.. cos if you buy SD card, still need a reader for PC, more bulky.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    am using the imation 256MB thumbdrive .... so far so good ..anyway mostly for office work and transferring of files from home PC to office PC .. quite handy and always carry with me .. i tied it to my key chain ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bedok North
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Buy the SD card and get one of those readers that look like a thumbdrive which you can slot in your SD card.
    My friend bought those 2 things yesterday at Comex.
    Can't recall the brand nor the exact price but I'm pretty sure he said the price was somewhere under $30.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    tat depends lah, if you use from PC to PC more often, den a thumbdrive, if you use more of your camera, den a SD card.. cos if you buy SD card, still need a reader for PC, more bulky.
    haha... forgot to include, i already got a reader cum writer liao.. only 15.90

    can use with SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RS-MMC/T-Flash.. its is very small so bot bulky...

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  6. #6

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    am using the imation 256MB thumbdrive .... so far so good ..anyway mostly for office work and transferring of files from home PC to office PC .. quite handy and always carry with me .. i tied it to my key chain ..
    hmmm... since KNIGHT ONG "highly" praising imation, guess... i .... will go check it out again tomolo...

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Nothing beats Sandisk, in my opinion.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    i got the imation thumbdrive..at comex~ dunno how much, cos its a gift. but its really small and got the keychain too. so u can like hook it to ur bunch of keys and bring it everywhere u go.
    Have you read IT???

  9. #9

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    imation thumbdrive seems to have the erase-lock-function..very nifty

    sandisk or imation..both are useable.

    in fact any thumbdrive is more or less ok one. lol

  10. #10
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    lil_princess,

    How was Apple's business today?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    lil_princess,

    How was Apple's business today?
    Abit OT right?

    It was good lah, what you expect from Apple right?
    I managed to hit my target. Thank God. And thank AhV too. He knows why. *grins*
    The weekend staff (those that didnt work for the 1st 2days) were freaking aggressive and kept on stealing away our customers. WTF.
    I still cant imagine how tomorrow will be. Last day. Sure alot of people trooping in.
    Have you read IT???

  12. #12

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    Abit OT right?

    It was good lah, what you expect from Apple right?
    I managed to hit my target. Thank God. And thank AhV too. He knows why. *grins*
    The weekend staff (those that didnt work for the 1st 2days) were freaking aggressive and kept on stealing away our customers. WTF.
    I still cant imagine how tomorrow will be. Last day. Sure alot of people trooping in.
    oi... OT leh..

    haha...

    glad u hit ur target... jus relax now loh.. how to find u ???

    guess so many pple say imation is ok then i think i will get 1 Gb... hope still have.. hehe...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  13. #13
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Hi.

    I've been using the 512MB one for the past 1 year ... given the design, it's definitely worth the premium!


  14. #14

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Hi.

    I've been using the 512MB one for the past 1 year ... given the design, it's definitely worth the premium!

    roger that, Adam...!!!

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  15. #15
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Been using Trek thumbdrives for few years, fast and good!

    PS: ThumbDrive is a registered trademark of Trek...it should be labelled as USB drive/ USB flash drive for other brands...
    eat. drink. shoot

  16. #16
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Imation thumbdrive.. good or bad ??

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    ThumbDrive is a registered trademark of Trek...it should be labelled as USB drive/ USB flash drive for other brands...
    +evenstar,

    Ooohhhh. Thanks, +evenstar for the info.

    And apologies for my OT yesterday.
    Last edited by Canew; 4th September 2005 at 07:48 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •