Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

  1. #1

    Default Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    see attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Objection !!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    I tot he is Singaporean?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    so he got triple citizenship ? He is a global citizen ???

  4. #4

    Default

    He's datuk now

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Fyi u dont need to be malaysian to have datukship....there are a number of Singaporean have that....as long as the sultan in one of the Malaysian state recognised ur contribution, u can be nominated.

  6. #6
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Fyi u dont need to be malaysian to have datukship....there are a number of Singaporean have that....as long as the sultan in one of the Malaysian state recognised ur contribution, u can be nominated.

    Some would said - "If you 'Donated' enough to the Sultan and/or his family"....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #7

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I tot he is Singaporean?
    since when? jet Li is, jackie not.
    Objection !!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Fyi u dont need to be malaysian to have datukship....there are a number of Singaporean have that....as long as the sultan in one of the Malaysian state recognised ur contribution, u can be nominated.
    Haven't seen a photographer conferred Datuk yet.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post

    Some would said - "If you 'Donated' enough to the Sultan and/or his family"....
    Yes, it's all about money. MY relatives been telling me that datuk title is all about money u have to pay. So it's kelong.

    Every damm rich business man has Datuk title.

    The other title Tan Sri is the more difficult title to get and cannot be bought by money. Its the second highest federal title.

    The most senior federal title is Tun. This one also cannot be bought by money. There is a limit of 35 locals with Tun title at any one time.

    Don't be conned by the Datuk title. Its worth nothing.
    Last edited by donut88; 2nd February 2015 at 03:39 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    tip of the day:
    pahang datukship is easiest to get.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    since when? jet Li is, jackie not.
    Ooops...yes, mixed up

    https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=h...an+nationality


    https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=h...li+nationality

  12. #12

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    And in Singapore Datuk means 'Grandfather' in Malay.
    I got the title without giving any money but given with 4 grandkids...

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    tip of the day:
    pahang datukship is easiest to get.
    They give you one even if you spell your name incorrectly?

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I tot he is Singaporean?
    This one was a Singaporean until no one could fight him. So he left the country to seek new fighters.


  15. #15
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Jackie Chan now a Malaysian

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Yes, it's all about money. MY relatives been telling me that datuk title is all about money u have to pay. So it's kelong.

    Every damm rich business man has Datuk title.

    The other title Tan Sri is the more difficult title to get and cannot be bought by money. Its the second highest federal title.

    The most senior federal title is Tun. This one also cannot be bought by money. There is a limit of 35 locals with Tun title at any one time.

    Don't be conned by the Datuk title. Its worth nothing.
    It is not limited to Malaysia only. Look around ��

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •