Thread: Old lenses

Question Old lenses

Hi, people out there. Wish you can help.
    What must I do if I connect a non EF len to a DSLR?
    Do I use Aperture Priority or what else? Thanks

Default Re: Old lenses

Please provide more details, e.g. the lens in question, the camera body you are using, etc.

I'm assuming you are using a Canon body, and you are trying to mount a non EF-mount lens onto it.

I'm assuming you already have an adaptor to mount the lens to the body.

Anyway, one thing for sure, is that you will lose autofocus.

Right on, its a Canon with a Russian lens with Canon mount.
    No need adaptor actually. Should I be using Manual or Aperture priority on the Canon?
    Very sorry, I am not good at explaining or asking for advice, I am quite new to the hobby.
    Another thing is I bought a Tele Convertor. After fixing on to it, I get a Error message, when trying to snap a picture.
    Thanks for the help. Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    Right on, its a Canon with a Russian lens with Canon mount.
    No need adaptor actually. Should I be using Manual or Aperture priority on the Canon?
    Very sorry, I am not good at explaining or asking for advice, I am quite new to the hobby.
    Another thing is I bought a Tele Convertor. After fixing on to it, I get a Error message, when trying to snap a picture.
    Thanks for the help. Appreciated.
    there are alot of adaptor selling in camera shops, easily available, C/Y to EOS, Nikon to EOS, M24 to EOS.....

just below the camera lens mounting ring, @ 10 o'clock, position, there is a limit switch. the flange on your tele convetor will activate it when it is properly mounted.

i modified one of my tele plus 2x converter's flange so it will not activate this limit switch, than tape the 7 electrical contact point that goes to the camera body.

a more dangarous method is to tape the 7 electrical contact points, but do not fully rotate the convertor to lock poosition. this way the limit switch will not be activated. but there is a high chance your lens & convertor will drop out from the camera.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Thanks for the help. Will try it.