Thread: Assistants in Singapore?

Default Assistants in Singapore?

Hi all
    I'm wondering if there's a resource to find casual photography assistants in Singapore.
    Originally from Melbourne, they're everywhere and really easy to source, but I'm having a lot of trouble tracking anyone down here!
    I'm not meaning a second shooter, simply someone to collect/setup/packdown gear and generally just help out on a shoot for hourly rates.
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Nolan

Smile Re: Assistants in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by NolanB View Post
    Hi all
    I'm wondering if there's a resource to find casual photography assistants in Singapore.
    Originally from Melbourne, they're everywhere and really easy to source, but I'm having a lot of trouble tracking anyone down here!
    I'm not meaning a second shooter, simply someone to collect/setup/packdown gear and generally just help out on a shoot for hourly rates.
    Nolan
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

checked out Marketplace\Services Wanted?
    Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos..~ ;)

Default Re: Assistants in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by NolanB View Post
    Hi all
    Nolan
    Casual ones are easy to find. The problem is the many possible issues that comes with them. Over the years I had all sorts of people, people rummaging through my bags when I am not looking, people talking 'too much' with my clients and associates, people who say they will be there but never turn up, people who disappeared halfway, or people who taught you that they need a lesson on how to tighten a lightstand, people who have too much opinions and starts inserting theirs into your set.

When you get good ones you want to use them again but we have to understand people move on in their lifes, new job, national service, new school, marriage, new child, etc. And then you have to find new ones again, and its again down to luck on who turns up.

I suggest you seek the help of friends or people you already know.