Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm Force America to its Kneel! Thousand Fear Dead!

Exclamation Storm Force America to its Kneel! Thousand Fear Dead!

New Orleans has been ordered to be totally evacuated as it became apparent that the death toll from Hurricane Katrina will run into thousands.

The mayor put into action a plan to bring out those still left in the drowned city - population around 500,000 - to follow 384,000 who have already fled. Ray Nagin said: "There will be a total evacuation of the city. We have to. The city will not be functional for two or three months.

He added: "We know there are significant numbers of dead bodies in the water and in houses. Minimum, hundreds. Most likely, thousands."

He spoke during a day in which looters ran wild and engineers fought frantically to block massive breaches in the city's levees, or flood barriers.

Staggering images of destruction made a mockery of initial reports that New Orleans had escaped relatively unscathed.

And there was growing anger that not enough is being done to help those affected - and that more should have been done before the hurricane struck on Monday with winds up to 140mph.

One state governor compared the scene along the ravaged Gulf Coast to the aftermath of Hiroshima.

One huge storm brought America the world number one superpower to it kneels as it ravages New Orleans, killing a thousand and causes the oil prices shoot up sky high. If the mighty America is helpless against a storm, think about poorer third world countries.

Man is still no match for nature.

Default Re: Storm Force America to its Kneel! Thousand Fear Dead!

All Mother Nature needs to do is to turn up the heater a little, increase fan power, lower aircon temperature or even to turn the tap clockwise/anti-clockwise slightly to bring us on our knees.

What's the use when u've got enuff power to destroy the entire Earth 7 times over? What's the use if u've got the formula to the secret of the Solar System?

Why work against Nature? Live with Nature.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    New Orleans has been ordered to be totally evacuated as it became apparent that the death toll from Hurricane Katrina will run into thousands.

The mayor put into action a plan to bring out those still left in the drowned city - population around 500,000 - to follow 384,000 who have already fled. Ray Nagin said: "There will be a total evacuation of the city. We have to. The city will not be functional for two or three months.

He added: "We know there are significant numbers of dead bodies in the water and in houses. Minimum, hundreds. Most likely, thousands."

He spoke during a day in which looters ran wild and engineers fought frantically to block massive breaches in the city's levees, or flood barriers.

Staggering images of destruction made a mockery of initial reports that New Orleans had escaped relatively unscathed.

And there was growing anger that not enough is being done to help those affected - and that more should have been done before the hurricane struck on Monday with winds up to 140mph.

One state governor compared the scene along the ravaged Gulf Coast to the aftermath of Hiroshima.
    You almost seem like you are gloating. People are dead/dying, perhaps you would like to temper your title a little.

I am not. Just shocked by the staggering death toll.

guys... this one no joke man.... New Orleans refugees on the way to houston some arrived already... Houston is on alert for an increase on crime rate... cos some of those guys are drug addicts and now they have lost the supply of drugs and need drugs to stay high and crimes are starting to appear in lousiena..... people predict that soon it will come to houston cos those guys are on their way here and they have got nothing and have nothing to lose... poor me man... also have to be on high alert... Wost of all... gas prices went up like crazy... now it cost me about 60 dollars a week on petrol when last time paying 25 dollars a week is already considered high... NB... canteen at my workplace also gave out a notice that food prices are going up.... now US is like sg... everything goes up except our salary.... KNN....

if you ever lived in US before you will not be surprised by te death toll... houses here made of "paper"(very thin low quality wood) one... even brick house.. the brick only 1 layer and brick here is real thin.... Also in singapore, you car langa into pple's house, its your car damage... here if your car langa into people's house... 90% chance their house damage... given that kind of conditions, your house offer so little protection... when mother nature strike, if you dun be super kiasu and run early, you got zero chance of survival.... Also hor, some **** here... govt say mandatory evecuation... they dare say... i have my right... i am staying... so if i call emergency services they better be here... they forget that when such **** happens, its not EMS dun wanna save you.. its they cannot reach you..... anyways, here got a lot of those people... another reason for such high death toll.

ask bushy to release more gas lor, he's in the oil business also
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    ask bushy to release more gas lor, he's in the oil business also
    that son of a bush..... make my petrol price from 18 dollars a week to 60 dollars a week... last time attack iraq.... now storing oil dun know wanna attack who..... I damn too L%^& man...

You take good care of yourself man! Keep us updated of the situation, thanks!

You take good care of yourself man! Keep us updated of the situation, thanks!
    BTW i dun know if you guys know a not.... Sometimes dun know to pity the victims or what.... immediately when police disappears, looting starts.... they not only loot grocery stores but also loot jewellery stores, gun shop banks... almost everything... somemore all the pple who do looting same colour one... But then again.. they make the majority of the population in these southern states... so good things and bad things all also they kena... .

BTW i dun know if you guys know a not.... Sometimes dun know to pity the victims or what.... immediately when police disappears, looting starts.... they not only loot grocery stores but also loot jewellery stores, gun shop banks... almost everything... somemore all the pple who do looting same colour one... But then again.. they make the majority of the population in these southern states... so good things and bad things all also they kena... .

I am also same color one.....I will loot camera stores. I dun feel sorry at all...coz they are covered by insurance. I think they are more than happy for me to loot their stores too.

Wish there is an earthquake in Melbourne soon

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    I can understand the need for food and basic necessarities from the grocery stores but jewellery and gun shop....... The damage from looting the gun shop will last for many many years. Its becaming a mob....

What's next? the Yellowstone?

Default Storm Force America to its Kneel!

Well, I hope so. Statements like "World no.1 superpower America brought to its kneels (the correct word is "knees", not "kneels")." just sound triumphalistic to me. Moreover, it is inaccurate, the situation is desperate in Louisiana but in the other 49 states life goes on mostly as normal. Schools are open, banks are functioning, people are going to work.

Next, no where in your posts did you express any sympathies for the victims or well wishes for the survivors, you merely expressed "shock" at the "staggering death toll". Despite what I sense is knee-jerk anti-Americanism on your part, you could feel some sympathy for the vicitims. They are people after all, American or not.

Default Re: Storm Force America to its Kneel!

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Well, I hope so. Statements like "World no.1 superpower America brought to its kneels (the correct word is "knees", not "kneels")." just sound triumphalistic to me. Moreover, it is inaccurate, the situation is desperate in Louisiana but in the other 49 states life goes on mostly as normal. Schools are open, banks are functioning, people are going to work.

Next, no where in your posts did you express any sympathies for the victims or well wishes for the survivors, you merely expressed "shock" at the "staggering death toll". Despite what I sense is knee-jerk anti-Americanism on your part, you could feel some sympathy for the vicitims. They are people after all, American or not.
    Not really, all of America couldn't help New Orleans to its current state and was evacuated totally. What else can they do?

Next, I am not gloating but neither do I have to be sympathic(I am not) to post. As I mentioned I am shocked, that all. I wonder, if justifying your point proves that you are sympathic as you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    somemore all the pple who do looting same colour one... But then again.. they make the majority of the population in these southern states... so good things and bad things all also they kena... .
    Can you clarify yourself a little more? It is almost sounding like you are coming across as a racist with comments like that. Maybe I just misunderstood your comments. Pardon me if I did. Secondly, can you clarify who "they" are?
    Last edited by taiwanapurasteve; 2nd September 2005 at 01:52 PM.

Yup, read the news on this and also a fellow photog mailed me some pre harricane katrina shots before it hit the coast. Now lost contact. Hope they are fine over there.

I find nothing wrong with this thread's title or initial post... it shows that no matter how great a nation is, when the forces of nature hits, it can be very very devastating. It further illustrates that 3rd world countries who are ill prepared could be hit a lot worst.

Btw, have you guys notice that with global warming, we are getting more freak weather conditions? I believe that the polar ice caps have been melting and releasing more water into the atmosphere. With this trend continuing I guess we can expect more of these sudden weather conditions to hit us.

Default Re: Storm Force America to its Kneel!

At the same breath, Taiwan is ravaged by Typhoon Talim before moving off the island‘s west coast Thursday, leaving one man dead and two dozen people injured, officials said. As yet another one coming toward Taiwan.

Terrible luck man! Taiwan had seemingly one after another typhoons slamming into it this two years......

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    I find nothing wrong with this thread's title or initial post... it shows that no matter how great a nation is, when the forces of nature hits, it can be very very devastating.
    I completely agree. The fact is that natural disasters are tough, if not impossible to prepare for, and no nation is immune to some types of disasters.

Now some jokes about hurricane

Q.Why are women similar to a tropical hurricane ?
    A.When they arrive they're wet and warm, when they leave they take your house and car.

What did the Hurricane Say...

What did the hurricane say to the coconut tree?
    - Hang onto to your nuts, this is no ordinary blowjob.

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season is Like Christmas

10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows).
    9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season (camping gear, flashlights).
    8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.
    7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials".
    6. Family coming to stay with you.
    5. Family and friends from out-of-state calling.
    4. Buying food you don't normally buy ... and in large quantities.
    3. Days off from work.
    2. Candles.

1 And the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas...At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

Lighten up guys
    Last edited by Benign; 2nd September 2005 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast