Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: arrogant model(s) at comex?

Default Re: arrogant model(s) at comex?

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    Waah... your ang mo so powder...

Ooi, still no answer from LW leh...
    No lah... where have powderful... Skali I use the word "snazzy" then you know what is powderful aah!!!

Yup, no replies... let me send out another one....

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    No lah... where have powderful... Skali I use the word "snazzy" then you know what is powderful aah!!!

So what's the word of the day?

Eh 3 of us also can, we go kiao ka lim kopi.

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot

Eh 3 of us also can, we go kiao ka lim kopi.
    ON ah! Mai dan liao! Meh meh xia email leh....

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    since when you start to +1 b4 lock .. ?
    It must be one of those new fashion trends.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago
    ya ya sure
    deserve to have sarcasm thrown at me by them.
    And before being fired even further, I'd suggest u sit down and meditate abt it.

What if its the reverse? That u are the promoter in nothing more den a fish-net singlet and swimming trunks and the girls wanted to take a photo of u after a long day at work?

Its not abt being arrogant when someone tells u "no thanks, don't want my photo to be taken." at least have the courtesy to say, "Thank you." or return a smile in favour.

I never had any problems going to car show asking that beautiful Image Model (who is also doubling up to give flyers) if its ok to have her photo taken. If she says, "Ok." den good. If she says, "No." den dun take. Not say as if 1 piece of meat is gonna fall off u and cause u to bleed to death! Chill! If u can get it, u get it. If u can't forget it. Some things in life, we can try to capture, but if its not destined to be captured, let it be! Where's the happiness of a photographer in capturing a moment when the subject's not willing?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

+1 from me too
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu
    I cannot understand why there's a need to take photos of gals at such events
    You wouldn't want to know.

FYI models are paid $200 for a day at such show

If you used a D2x instead of D70 they would confirm pose with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Where's the happiness of a photographer in capturing a moment when the subject's not willing?
    Strongly agreed
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    You wouldn't want to know.
    Enlighten me please Guru Sion

Do people assume that it's a given that models or those ladies who look like models are obliged to let photographers shoot them?

In the end, it's still about permission.Yes, you can drift into a machine-gun session, put up some of your own fire, and get away with not having to ask..but in the end, when you are one-on-one, that's when you realise that permission is something that is still needed.

We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    If you used a D2x instead of D70 they would confirm pose with a smile.
    Hehe, I do not think the model would care about the camera if the snap-happy is rude and presumptious
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Default Arrogant model(s) at comex?

Now, here's another way of looking at it.

The model doesnt know you.
    You don't know the model.
    You ask for permission to shoot.
    The answer came back negative.

You walk away, feeling slighted, not because she said not, but because she said no in a manner that you deem arrogant/unfriendly.

Now, i may see where you are coming from but i certainly do not agree with where you are coming from. You may have asked and having your request turned down, there isn't any reason at all for you to feel upset at anyone. Besides, half the time, the pictures, if taken, would have alot of distractions in terms of background etc.

Reflect carefully on the situation my friend. It's honestly a mole-hill but if you feel like it has become a mountain, it's only because you made it so. If you feel like you're being mocked, and there are barbed comments coming your way, it's only because you started the thread.

Look at this situation in it's entirety and i think you can find the cause of all the mockery/misery. I shall leave this thread open for awhile more before closing it as it is already going OT. If not, you may like to choose the gracious way out and close the thread yourself.

Thank you.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Wolfgang.

Why???

Its keeping entertained this afternoon....

Besides, it shows how some newbies get carried away when they have a new toy in their hands!

Imagine if they introduced guns here.....
    "Oh oh oh! I have a new gun... let me go out and shoot something...."

Disgrace to the rest who are really photographers and not some hormone charged boy with a speech and social etiquette impediment...
    Some just like to tell everyone that they got this, just bought that (esp 70-200) and post this taken by that. EVEYONE knows how sharp that lens is, why not just post a good pic taken by only a 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 g lens intead?

Default Re: Arrogant model(s) at comex?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Now, here's another way of looking at it.

The model doesnt know you.
    You don't know the model.
    You ask for permission to shoot.
    The answer came back negative.

You walk away, feeling slighted, not because she said not, but because she said no in a manner that you deem arrogant/unfriendly.

Now, i may see where you are coming from but i certainly do not agree with where you are coming from. You may have asked and having your request turned down, there isn't any reason at all for you to feel upset at anyone. Besides, half the time, the pictures, if taken, would have alot of distractions in terms of background etc.

Reflect carefully on the situation my friend. It's honestly a mole-hill but if you feel like it has become a mountain, it's only because you made it so. If you feel like you're being mocked, and there are barbed comments coming your way, it's only because you started the thread.

Look at this situation in it's entirety and i think you can find the cause of all the mockery/misery. I shall leave this thread open for awhile more before closing it as it is already going OT. If not, you may like to choose the gracious way out and close the thread yourself.

Thank you.
    Frankly Wolfgang, why not just delete this entire thread for being the inconsequential whinings of a childish and immature person?
    Last edited by kahheng; 3rd September 2005 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu
    I cannot understand why there's a need to take photos of gals at such events
    neither do i...
    if the models were guys instead of gals...
    do we still have the same no. of people who wants to take some pictures of this guy models? posing?
    just asking...

chillout guys

Quote Originally Posted by thobs
    neither do i...
    if the models were guys instead of gals...
    do we still have the same no. of people who wants to take some pictures of this guy models? posing?
    just asking...

chillout guys
    Doubt it. Most of the photogs are guys & I don't think they're keen on pictures of cute guys

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast