Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: arrogant model(s) at comex?

Default Re: arrogant model(s) at comex?

Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago
    i saw 2 models representing a certain audio company walking out of their resting area and wanted to ask if i could take pictures of them but it was too crowded to approach them plus i saw them too late(they were just left of me and i didnt like approaching ppl right in front of them) so i continued walking. i was wondering if they saw me with a cam in hand but not asking for a picture.

true enough, when i saw them later in a more open space, i approached them again and 1 of them just laughed and said " can i say NO ?"

not wanting to make a scene and be called ungentlemently, i just laughed and said OK while that lady just walked off. her colleague didnt move and was holding her back and requested her to just take a picture.

then i approached another model representing the same company who was alone distributing flyers near the doors. she obliged but her tone of voice and facial expression was less didnt seem to agree with waht she said.

on the other hand, nikon, samsung and panasonic models tend to be more friendly and readily posed with a nice smile plus some of them even replied thank you or welcome with a smile.
    Amanda one of the models from Nikon even asked me, where's your camera lei? Haha.....

Guys if you want to shoot, go to Nikon Booth lor........the DARKSIDE always have georgous girls! Wahaha.......

Deregistered

funny. isn't this a petty issue? you won't die if you CAN'T get their shots. why would you want their shots, anyway?

Methinks a few of you should put yourselves in the shoes of the models.

Imagine, you are a model, you are wearning pretty revealing clothes, shoes that look great but aren't that comfortable for standing around in for hours at an end and you are under bright lights. Your work day is long, you are having to be nice to all sorts of people who are sweaty, possibly obnoxious and so on. Add to this the misery of anywhere from dozens to hundreds of hormonally challenged "kids" with cameras wanting to take your photo and post it God knows where or do God only knows what with the images. How would you feel being in this fishbowl scenario for a couple of days?

I'll bet 99% of you would feel like screaming at some one with a big camera and lens to leave you the F*** alone.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Methinks a few of you should put yourselves in the shoes of the models.

Imagine, you are a model, you are wearning pretty revealing clothes, shoes that look great but aren't that comfortable for standing around in for hours at an end and you are under bright lights. Your work day is long, you are having to be nice to all sorts of people who are sweaty, possibly obnoxious and so on. Add to this the misery of anywhere from dozens to hundreds of hormonally challenged "kids" with cameras wanting to take your photo and post it God knows where or do God only knows what with the images. How would you feel being in this fishbowl scenario for a couple of days?

I'll bet 99% of you would feel like screaming at some one with a big camera and lens to leave you the F*** alone.

thats one way to put it...

i saw 2 models representing a certain audio company walking out of their resting area and wanted to ask if i could take pictures of them but it was too crowded to approach them plus i saw them too late(they were just left of me and i didnt like approaching ppl right in front of them) so i continued walking. i was wondering if they saw me with a cam in hand but not asking for a picture.

true enough, when i saw them later in a more open space, i approached them again and 1 of them just laughed and said " can i say NO ?"

not wanting to make a scene and be called ungentlemently, i just laughed and said OK while that lady just walked off. her colleague didnt move and was holding her back and requested her to just take a picture.

then i approached another model representing the same company who was alone distributing flyers near the doors. she obliged but her tone of voice and facial expression was less didnt seem to agree with waht she said.

on the other hand, nikon, samsung and panasonic models tend to be more friendly and readily posed with a nice smile plus some of them even replied thank you or welcome with a smile.

Hrm... no offence, but I think you need to talk to girls more often.

i suppose that's the only job that's having a bad time

There are unfortunately some photographers who will be a nuisance and keep pestering the girls, you can't really blame the girls for being adverse to photographers. As many have mentioned before, they are there to sell & promote products, not to entertain photographers.

Empathy the models ...

wat abt models complaint of arrogrant photographers ????
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

just let it be
    sometime u just got to sympathise with the ladies
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Lightbulb Re: arrogant model(s) at comex?

it is so obvious that they will be friendly to any camera wielding visitors there. they are promoting ownership of cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Amanda one of the models from Nikon even asked me, where's your camera lei? Haha.....

Guys if you want to shoot, go to Nikon Booth lor........the DARKSIDE always have georgous girls! Wahaha.......

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Empathy the models ...

wat abt models complaint of arrogrant photographers ????
    Then should ask those models to join CS and let them vent their anger...

maybe she was having PMS. hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by seng44
    Then should ask those models to join CS and let them vent their anger...
    dun need to do tat .. a waste of time ...

if u ask me frankly .. this thread is not going any wer .. just a small matter and dun need to put it here .. cant we be more understanding and let go and become a better society rather then ,,,,.......
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

promoting a product/s includes entertaining(within reasonable limits) the public includes photographer/s. IMHO. if i am the co hiring a model/s to promote my product, and if i get negative comments about the model/s, that model/s name will not be in my list of possible models to hire for future engagements. models are there to create goodwill between my co and the public.

Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    There are unfortunately some photographers who will be a nuisance and keep pestering the girls, you can't really blame the girls for being adverse to photographers. As many have mentioned before, they are there to sell & promote products, not to entertain photographers.

try again tml . . sat and sun
    use your sincerity to prove to them ..

sorry i just like to talk c***

Deregistered

They go there work ..... not go there let you take pic lor .... they dun want, angry what ?

Can imagine this ...

A : I am a Professional Photographer ( but maybe just small pian-jia using a D70) , can i take some pic of you?
    B : ok lor
    So B is so unwilling let A took her photo ...
    A : (Took out a pocket PC) can i have your contacts? or email or whatever .... so that i can email you the pic, or ask you out to be my model, cos i have studio ....

WOW KAO! This is what i saw at Commex .... haha

At the end, the photo 'MIGHT' appear here at <Portraits and Poses> .... and everyone start commenting, ... wow! pretty ... wow, nose bleeding liao .... wow! tonight how to sleep ?

Paiseh ... this is a 2 cents of a cat ....

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger

At the end, the photo 'MIGHT' appear here at <Portraits and Poses> .... and everyone start commenting, ... wow! pretty ... wow, nose bleeding liao .... wow! tonight how to sleep ?

Good point.... or Good observation...........

I also think the girls have the right not to obliged. They are not like the girls at the car show. job scope different i believe. And they might be tired lah.

And some ppl here really like to take photos of these girls everywhere hor? The photos took already for wat purpose har?
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

it's nvr abt the pictures/photos nor waht togu has in mind abt my talking to girls which i wonder has anything to do with this,

hmm i think i;ve refused before, cant really remember. but i dont really care whether they reject or not, if i was that bothered abt it, i would have mounted S3pros at every possible exit and entry points for suntec and snap at every woman.

honestly, i think some replies here seen to be barbed
    Haha, cool it, no need to take things so seriously. The ladies may have had a rough day, so live and let live.

Just take it as a learning experience, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    They go there work ..... not go there let you take pic lor .... they dun want, angry what ?

Can imagine this ...

A : I am a Professional Photographer ( but maybe just small pian-jia using a D70) , can i take some pic of you?
    B : ok lor
    So B is so unwilling let A took her photo ...
    A : (Took out a pocket PC) can i have your contacts? or email or whatever .... so that i can email you the pic, or ask you out to be my model, cos i have studio ....

WEll .. in return ...
    WE also hv models coming in CS asking for more ..

So is not a bad thing after all ..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast