Thread: 18-200 canon

Default 18-200 canon

hi all, im looking to buy the 18-200 zoom lens by canon but was wondering if it suffers from zoom creep?

thanks for your help =)

Default Re: 18-200 canon

Quote Originally Posted by Sealth View Post
    hi all, im looking to buy the 18-200 zoom lens by canon but was wondering if it suffers from zoom creep?

thanks for your help =)
    According to some of the reviews online... yes, it suffered from lens creep. But there is a simple method to solve this issue... the rubber band method.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

zoom creep usually happen when you point your lens upward or downward, most consumer grade lenses have such issue.
    it is not a big issue as we don't really pointing lens upward or downward during shooting, except for some....... may done this a lot during shooting in motor shows.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Zoom creep is annoying (but not impossible to use) if you are taking long exposures or mounted on tripod/manual focusing at tilted angles, like shooting the moon or fireworks. The lock on the 18-200 only good for locking it at 18mm position. More useful for times of keeping than using.

icic thanks all

reason im asking is because i went on a holiday and i saw a person using the 18-200 and it zoom creeped pretty badly imo. like maybe 2/3 - 3/4 of the whole zoom range. well, it was pointing downwards. i guess that guy didnt lock it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealth View Post
    icic thanks all

reason im asking is because i went on a holiday and i saw a person using the 18-200 and it zoom creeped pretty badly imo. like maybe 2/3 - 3/4 of the whole zoom range. well, it was pointing downwards. i guess that guy didnt lock it lol.
    The lens lock applies only when the lens is at 18mm; At all other positions you cannot "lock".