Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

IMHO, enjoy what you have, don't force yourself to something you can't afford. Keep it that way and you'll always be a happy man.

Said is easier then done tho....

Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

I dunno, is there such thing as simple life. Depends on your outlook on life. Its as simple as you want it to be, as complex as you deem.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Greed is 1 of the 7 deadly sins.
    No need to intro lah, u look around and u can see them, there are ppl with less money than u and they are happier than u, wonder why?
    I thought you should be old enough to know why??
    Money doesn't buy you happiness...
    Money just buy you the convenience or for most people - fulfill the desire/greed - where they thought it's happiness.. a very short period of happiness.. after that.. what?? ...

Life is beautiful.. look around.. attach yourself to the nature.. people.. and you will be happy..
    Once you learn how to die.. you learn how to live.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Greed is 1 of the 7 deadly sins.
    No need to intro lah, u look around and u can see them, there are ppl with less money than u and they are happier than u, wonder why?
    I am not greedy just helpful

hmmm.... and then go to some uru countryside to grow vege and keep animals. Sound a bit like TV serials. A nice idea.

But I cannot think of doing that right now. Parents will kill me.

I wonder... Do we live for our dreams or for our parents? Not trying to drive a wedge, but food for thought.

Our parents show us the door in life. We take the first step on the path. We walk, they light the torch to show us the path. But soon or later, when it comes to the big 21 crossroad, the light wun be as strong, we will be walking our own path. Eventually, when the light disappears, are u going to produce ur own light or sit down by the roadside to cry cos there ain't more light?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I wonder... Do we live for our dreams or for our parents? Not trying to drive a wedge, but food for thought.

Our parents show us the door in life. We take the first step on the path. We walk, they light the torch to show us the path. But soon or later, when it comes to the big 21 crossroad, the light wun be as strong, we will be walking our own path. Eventually, when the light disappears, are u going to produce ur own light or sit down by the roadside to cry cos there ain't more light?
    i live my life for my parents... so sad......

wat would i be if i am not working for them... hmm...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

hmmmm...

i guess you would be disowned

well....a poorer happier soul.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

They keep you till you are independent and you keep them until the day they leave this world. That's fair..

Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    They keep you till you are independent and you keep them until the day they leave this world. That's fair..
    err, think mine different lah, if i use your theory, i can go any line i want...

but for me, its like, they create a path for me from a vally of thorns before i was born & want me to stay in the path til the day i leave this world...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

err, think mine different lah, if i use your theory, i can go any line i want...

but for me, its like, they create a path for me from a vally of thorns before i was born & want me to stay in the path til the day i leave this world...

It's really up to you to grow roses among the thorns

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    It's really up to you to grow roses among the thorns
    trying to grow roses... but end up breeding cactus... damnit...

trying to grow roses... but end up breeding cactus... damnit...

LOL.....same here actually.

No, no, no.
    It's many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s which I am after.

At least they pull out the thorns and make a path for you. BTW if don't like the path, break you own way thru.

in order for us to free ourself from this dilemma of the nature of the question, we should release ourselves from commitments. commitments that seemingly add meaning to our lives.

regards
    Douglas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123