Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    I have done just that - tomorrow is my first day of freedom
    Phillip, you are not teaching anymore?

    Becoming a FULL FLEDGE PHOTOGRAPHER?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    to enjoy life, is first to have finiancial freedom, anyone here can achieve this?
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    to enjoy life, is first to have finiancial freedom, anyone here can achieve this?
    Can....of course can!

    Since it's 7th month, why not commit suicide. Leave a note to your relatives....make sure they burn at least 50,000,000,000,000,000 worth of hell money, Burn a dozen BMWs and Mercedes Paper Car and if you are not married ask them to burn a Supermodel Paper Girl.

    Oh almost forgot,

    A Castle, 3 dozens maids, a helicopter.....and so on lar....HAHA..
    Last edited by Pro Image; 31st August 2005 at 11:25 AM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Can....of course can!

    Since it's 7th month, why not commit suicide. Leave a note to your relatives....make sure they burn at least 50,000,000,000,000,000 worth of hell money, Burn a dozen BMWs and Mercedes Paper Car and if you are not married ask them to burn a Supermodel Paper Girl.

    Oh almost forgot,

    A Castle, 3 dozens maids, a helicopter.....and so on lar....HAHA..
    must remember to burn passport & visa also lah, no passport, dun think you can even travel there...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    must remember to burn passport & visa also lah, no passport, dun think you can even travel there...
    Ok sir,

    Maybe with a G5 dual processor and 8GB RAMs, with 30inch Apple display and all the softwares throw in. Give you an additional 60GB iPod Photo. Can?

  6. #26

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    to enjoy life, is first to have finiancial freedom, anyone here can achieve this?

    really very true for this sentence.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Can....of course can!

    Since it's 7th month, why not commit suicide. Leave a note to your relatives....make sure they burn at least 50,000,000,000,000,000 worth of hell money, Burn a dozen BMWs and Mercedes Paper Car and if you are not married ask them to burn a Supermodel Paper Girl.

    Oh almost forgot,

    A Castle, 3 dozens maids, a helicopter.....and so on lar....HAHA..

    Why not you do it first and send me PM on how's life there b4 I try it. I can sponsor you paper D2X or 1DsMkII...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    to enjoy life, is first to have finiancial freedom, anyone here can achieve this?
    Finance freedom is not about how many things u want, it is about how little things u need.
    If u dont need a apartment, dont need a car, dont need to go holiday, dont need to eat at restaurant, dont need to buy new clothes, dont need to buy new phone, new camera, u can still enjoy life in your own way.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Ok sir,

    Maybe with a G5 dual processor and 8GB RAMs, with 30inch Apple display and all the softwares throw in. Give you an additional 60GB iPod Photo. Can?
    think software no need to throw in lah... imagine everyday so many ppl burn cds & dvds... its piling like mountains liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Finance freedom is not about how many things u want, it is about how little things u need.
    If u dont need a apartment, dont need a car, dont need to go holiday, dont need to eat at restaurant, dont need to buy new clothes, dont need to buy new phone, new camera, u can still enjoy life in your own way.

    I guess it depends on each perspective of life enjoyment, there's a fine line btw needs and wants. To me, it would be quite normal to say, have home, food, shelter which are necessities, the extras are cars, cash, holidays, other material stuff as an added bonus for life enjoyment.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Why not you do it first and send me PM on how's life there b4 I try it. I can sponsor you paper D2X or 1DsMkII...
    Yo bro....I am already there. Enjoying my life now.....wahahaha.....a little hot in here but my kakis kept bringing me Ice Tea.....to cool me down. Got wireless internet access too! SO good of them as they know I need to surf CS and bring the rest of the gang to the DARKSIDE......wahaha...

    Yeah I do not mind 3 pieces of D2X with 200mm f2, 300mm f2.8, 400mm f2.8, 600mm f5.6 and a 1200-1700mm lens.

    Get me a couple of 1TB (Terabyte) CF cards as well. Thanks ya!

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    think software no need to throw in lah... imagine everyday so many ppl burn cds & dvds... its piling like mountains liao...
    Oh here we burn anything.......

  13. #33

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    that is why I buy BIG SWEEP every month.

    So that I can take a part time job and spend my time with my family/hobby.

  14. #34
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,678

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Who don't want more money.. $$$..
    If you can spend time with family.. enjoy your hobby.. and earns $$$.. BEST of all
    I think everyone wants to earn more $$$.. and the point here is on whether you enjoy what you are doing...

    Just remember to have a balance lifestyle..
    There are time for work.. work hard..
    Time for family.. enjoy each others company..
    Time for God..
    Time to take photo..
    But always remember to have sometime for yourself.. to find out what you want in life..

    Interesting topic..
    BTW.. there is no high post job/business.. there is always someone on top of you...
    Just do what you want in life...

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesthruthelens
    Who don't want more money.. $$$..
    U must be too young. There are really ppl who don't want more money, and I know some of them.

  16. #36
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    U must be too young. There are really ppl who don't want more money, and I know some of them.
    can intro to me or not?

    I can help them with their problem

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    can intro to me or not?

    I can help them with their problem
    Greed is 1 of the 7 deadly sins.
    No need to intro lah, u look around and u can see them, there are ppl with less money than u and they are happier than u, wonder why?

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    can intro to me or not?

    I can help them with their problem
    Take the money but:-

    我 要 你 的 肾

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Greed is 1 of the 7 deadly sins.
    No need to intro lah, u look around and u can see them, there are ppl with less money than u and they are happier than u, wonder why?
    Indeed, through the viewfinder not only you find beautiful picture but the truth of life too if you look closer.

  20. #40

    Default Re: No time? Would you give up your high post job/business for a simple life?

    I also just given up a higher pay job for a lower pay job....now getting 60% lesser to what
    I used to earn but am a happier person now.....friends and family dont understand my
    decision but at least now I'm not so stressful and no more insomnia....

    no one knows what will happen to you in next min, you may not even exist in this world
    anymore in the next min so i always tell myself why work myself to hell and can't stay
    alive to enjoy what I've worked so hard for....maybe to some, this is just an excuse
    to laziness but who cares ?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •