Thread: When to get 350D?

Default When to get 350D?

Hi,
    When will be a good time to buy a camera and save some $$$?
    1) this coming september (with the upcoming comex) with attractive price/package
    2) wait till the new models (5D etc) arrive (in Oct?), hoping the price will drop
    Any opinion?

Default Re: When to get 350D?

Quote Originally Posted by ahk
    Hi,
    When will be a good time to buy a camera and save some $$$?
    1) this coming september (with the upcoming comex) with attractive price/package
    2) wait till the new models (5D etc) arrive (in Oct?), hoping the price will drop
    Any opinion?
    Comdex is just around the corner. You may get some good deals, but I doubt prices will drop much. There were lots of pricing pressure at the DSLR entry level with the introduction of the 350D, D50 and 5D. I doubt there will be too much downward pressure left. But prices are usually good during big shows.

Now, wait for the arrival of the 5D??? Are you nuts? How would introduction into the market of a S$7K+ camera has any impact of a S$1.5K camera? They are targetted at different market, they don't compete against each other, and they are very different themselves.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Comdex is just around the corner. You may get some good deals, but I doubt prices will drop much. There were lots of pricing pressure at the DSLR entry level with the introduction of the 350D, D50 and 5D. I doubt there will be too much downward pressure left. But prices are usually good during big shows.

Now, wait for the arrival of the 5D??? Are you nuts? How would introduction into the market of a S$7K+ camera has any impact of a S$1.5K camera? They are targetted at different market, they don't compete against each other, and they are very different themselves.
    Just request for e-mail quotes, and you will be able to guage the kind of competitive pricing we have now. I bought mine from Ms Color for a real bargain.
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Just request for e-mail quotes, and you will be able to guage the kind of competitive pricing we have now. I bought mine from Ms Color for a real bargain.
    How much you bought 350D?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    How much you bought 350D?
    Holy ghost...I just discovered I cant find my receipt! Anyway I got it for about $1600 2 months ago.

So Cheap
    Where u get it ?

Share ?
    Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Holy ghost...I just discovered I cant find my receipt! Anyway I got it for about $1600 2 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77
    So Cheap
    Where u get it ?

Share ?
    MS Color loh.....so famous place. And yea....do get an internet price quote. Its almost always cheaper.