Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Query] Diff between Digi-Cabi Professional & Non-Professional

Default Re: [Query] Diff between Digi-Cabi Professional & Non-Professional

Oh... ya ya. Did not read the post properly.

Quote Originally Posted by donchua
    Slightly above A or 10:50 o'clock.
    Reading now is 48% since I open the door last nite.
    Had also tested the digimeter with salt test after I bought the cabi,
    reading at 75% for more than 8hrs.
    Reading today show 47%.
    Nver open for almost 3 days liao..
    Must open and take out my cam to play play..

Quote Originally Posted by Magix88
    When I bought my Digi Cabi 60L (non Pro), I had similiar problems trying to adjust the humidity in the box for days. It seems no matter where i turn the knob (A, B or C), it is always below 35%.

Somthing stuck me that maybe the humidity control need a reset. I did a reset on the knob by turning it anti clockwise until the green light is totally off (for a few seconds) and turn it back up again.

Now it is running at 43% - 44%. My knob is pointing between 9-10 o'clock position.
    are u saying you left the knorb between A & B?

I'm having difficulty setting... no matter how i turn the reading will fall below 42%... on 2nd thoughts, maybe I should jus buy the pro one. another $90 more..

Yes, get a pro model, buy the biggest which you can afford.

I don’t even need to touch the dial, just plug the power, put 120 with 3 lenses, a few film backs, 35mm film body, 2 DSLR bodies, a few lenses, even with Metz 45 x2, still maintains at 45%

OT: do your dehumdifying units turn warm?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Hiya,

Don't give up on your digi cabi yet.

I just realised, my knob is just almost touching "A" and it gives 43% - 44% reading.

Maybe you can try using this method.

1) Turn the knob down until the green light goes off and wait for a few seconds

2) Adjust the knob back up to "A". Of course while doing this, open the door for half a minute to let humid air goes in to bring the humidity up to abt 60%-70% so the box can do the work to bring the humidity down.

3) Then, after many hours later when the humidity reading start to stay constant, adjust the knob bit by bit (towards A or B) until the desired humidity is reached.

This method works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ergoh

I'm having difficulty setting... no matter how i turn the reading will fall below 42%... on 2nd thoughts, maybe I should jus buy the pro one. another $90 more..

At the back where there is the heat dissipating fins, yes, its warm. Inside is cooler. Infact there should be some icing form inside the dryer unit in the cabi. My fingers were too naughty and explored inside and touched something ice cold and wet on touch.

Don't worry about the temp shown on the meter. It should not affect your cameras unless they are showing adnormally high temp. Mine is 28'C - 30'C at room temp.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    OT: do your dehumdifying units turn warm?

vince123123
    Guests

You can also put a small cup of water inside the digicabi for a while to bring the humidity up first.

Quote Originally Posted by ergoh

I've tried this way. It works!! Thank you, guys!

Hiya,

Don't give up on your digi cabi yet.

I just realised, my knob is just almost touching "A" and it gives 43% - 44% reading.

Maybe you can try using this method.

1) Turn the knob down until the green light goes off and wait for a few seconds

2) Adjust the knob back up to "A". Of course while doing this, open the door for half a minute to let humid air goes in to bring the humidity up to abt 60%-70% so the box can do the work to bring the humidity down.

3) Then, after many hours later when the humidity reading start to stay constant, adjust the knob bit by bit (towards A or B) until the desired humidity is reached.

This method works for me.

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a Dry Cabinet. Any brands to recommend? Which is better analog or digital? Where can I get it?
    Thanks.

I am using the brand digi-cabi. But to me all brands serve the same purpose.

If your basic needs is to have a dehumidfed box that gives you a control over the humidity in the cabinet, all brands serve the same purpose, generally speaking.

If budget is not a problem, obviously a digital one is better. However if you are on a budget an analog one also serve the purpose, definitely.

You may want to see the price difference between a digital one and an analog one and see if you can get a bigger unit on the analog unit with a digital price since everyone is talking about getting the biggest box you can afford.

At the end of the day its really a need or a want because in the past and present, many professionals also use analog units.

You may want to visit CP, AP, MS, etc. I bought mine at Carrefour because I can stand there, measure, touch and feel and slowly decide on which size I want and the price to me is reasonable and it comes with free delivery. However you may also do a search in CS forums to see if there is any MO on dry cabinets. Their prices are attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Benng
    Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a Dry Cabinet. Any brands to recommend? Which is better analog or digital? Where can I get it?
    Thanks.

I am using the brand digi-cabi. But to me all brands serve the same purpose.

If your basic needs is to have a dehumidfed box that gives you a control over the humidity in the cabinet, all brands serve the same purpose, generally speaking.

If budget is not a problem, obviously a digital one is better. However if you are on a budget an analog one also serve the purpose, definitely.

You may want to see the price difference between a digital one and an analog one and see if you can get a bigger unit on the analog unit with a digital price since everyone is talking about getting the biggest box you can afford.

At the end of the day its really a need or a want because in the past and present, many professionals also use analog units.

You may want to visit CP, AP, MS, etc. I bought mine at Carrefour because I can stand there, measure, touch and feel and slowly decide on which size I want and the price to me is reasonable and it comes with free delivery. However you may also do a search in CS forums to see if there is any MO on dry cabinets. Their prices are attractive.
    Thanks for the info.

I bought a Digi-Cabi DB-036 for $99 at AP. Hope I got a good deal.
    Having problems in adjusting the knob to the desired humidity of 45-55%. Keep on dropping to 38%. Will probably get some advice from the above threads.

Side-track. After the humidity has stablised, will the humidity remain the same if I turn off the power assuming I don't open the cabinet? Just a query that comes to my mind, haven't tried it out. Anyone knows? Is it advisable?

No, the dry cabi is never air tight. Somehow the humidity level will still increase gradually over time. Any reasons why you want to turn it off? Better to leave it on as the power consumption is very low anyway...

Regards,
    Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12