Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 115

Thread: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    I'll probably scout around for a AGP video card.... any good ones to recommand?
    Budget around $150....


    Maybe a DVD writer too... my old one is 2x and slow......

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Wrong.

    Not all firewire casings are compatible with DVD writers. Only those with Prolific chipsets are compatible and capable of doing writes at 16x optimally.
    My Stardom casing uses an Oxford 911 chipset and runs well.
    HDD or DVD Burner.

    That's me.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    I'll probably scout around for a AGP video card.... any good ones to recommand?
    Budget around $150....


    Maybe a DVD writer too... my old one is 2x and slow......
    LG? Or a Pioneer? One of those newer ones that can do DVD-R Double Layer.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  4. #24

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Do you think Comex show will have promotion on Digital Camera? Consumer kindof Digital camera..

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    My Stardom casing uses an Oxford 911 chipset and runs well.
    HDD or DVD Burner.

    That's me.
    Oxford chipsets are picky with what writer they are used with. There are issues with certain writers

    For full compatibility, i'd still recommend using prolific chipset housings.

  6. #26

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    I'll probably scout around for a AGP video card.... any good ones to recommand?
    Budget around $150....

    graphics card ?

    i am selling a sapphire radeon 9600xt 128mb want?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    LG? Or a Pioneer? One of those newer ones that can do DVD-R Double Layer.
    Current one is Pioneer... yeah planning on getting a DVD-R double layer!
    Too many pics to backup .... sigh....

    Snap... download... burn.... (repeat)

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago
    graphics card ?
    i am selling a sapphire radeon 9600xt 128mb want?
    Hahhaa! Ok will consider that too. Thats the one with the extra huge cooler fan?

  9. #29
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    ....*think think*.... nothing to buy

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Oxford chipsets are picky with what writer they are used with. There are issues with certain writers

    For full compatibility, i'd still recommend using prolific chipset housings.
    Hmm... Come to think of it, Oxford 911 chipset casings had a problem with Panther where it would wipe off data frm da HDD.... *shudder*

    Fortunately, nothing of such happened to me. Until I did foolish things like copying files off my HDD and connecting my iPod simultaneously. That's receipe for disaster.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Current one is Pioneer... yeah planning on getting a DVD-R double layer!
    Too many pics to backup .... sigh....

    Snap... download... burn.... (repeat)
    Sadly, Double Layered discs are still pretty ex.

    My last Double-Layer disc costing like $15 was destroyed when my damned G3 iMac decided that enuff was enuff and decided to shut itself down happily whilst the disc was burning.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  12. #32

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Hahhaa! Ok will consider that too. Thats the one with the extra huge cooler fan?
    stock fan(abit small)

    will throw in this giant heatsink that wraps ard yr card if the price is right..discuss via PM..
    OT too much

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    just get an external 5.25" casing and your favourite DVD writer (which cost <$80 for latest model), u can still reuse the casing for hard disk or for a faster DVD writer next time

    make sure the casing support 16x writing too
    I tot casing is just a casing.......me blur.......have to get the 16x casing meh?

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago
    graphics card ?

    i am selling a sapphire radeon 9600xt 128mb want?
    Eh u cannot sell things in Kopoitiam thread lei.....haha....especially when it's not related photography item.

  15. #35

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Thinking of buying the Nikon D50 if my wife agrees to it.

    Currently, fighting the battle.

    Kevyan

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Got TDK, got LG dat can even do DVD-RAMs as well.

    Owned both. Prefer the LG. Some might go for Pioneer.
    DVD burners are rather cheap these days. For abt $150 u can get the LG one.

    There are plenty of Firewire casings out there. All compatible. Just make sure u get those AC powered ones, not bus powered.
    And don't ever turn on ur firewire casing transfer data, connect ur iPod simultaneously and copy songs over.
    So you cannot cannot firewire directly meh....? Me computer idiot.....so then how to burn DVDs thru iDVD?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Thinking of buying the Nikon D50 if my wife agrees to it.

    Currently, fighting the battle.

    Kevyan
    Sure can want......we are cheering one of my kakis to get a D70s!

    You want a cheering squad to come your house.....? Make sure you pay us some commission after you win the battle with your OC.

  18. #38

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Eh u cannot sell things in Kopoitiam thread lei.....haha....especially when it's not related photography item.

    i know..thats why after 2 posts i refer him to PM me

  19. #39

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Still undecided for Zen Micro or Ipod mini..

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hmm... Come to think of it, Oxford 911 chipset casings had a problem with Panther where it would wipe off data frm da HDD.... *shudder*

    Fortunately, nothing of such happened to me. Until I did foolish things like copying files off my HDD and connecting my iPod simultaneously. That's receipe for disaster.
    Hmm... scary indeed ... not using Mac .. but seriously, everyone's switching over to prolific chipset external housings due to problems with the Oxford chipset.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •