Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 477

Thread: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

  1. #141

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Greetings guys!

    I'm pretty new to this kinda outing too. Most of the time I travel alone around the island and sometimes to Pulau Ubin to shoot. Once in a while I jio my photographic kakis.

    In this 21st century, It's really scarce to find kampongs on the mainland, let alone Pulau Ubin. Must thank KT for organising this outing. So KT, if you manage to find out other kampong area, do kindly let us all know. Will love to join for the outfield trip.

    Meantime it'll be nice to get to know some CSers this Sat. Looking forward to this outing

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Mezzotint; 1st September 2005 at 02:19 PM.

  2. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    hi all is this trip still on? what about the plan to meet at sengkang MRT then take a bus to the meeting place? im really not familiar with that area heh sso sorrrrrry to be a baby.
    Last edited by mingosteen; 1st September 2005 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #143

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    U bring this ?


    Hey KT! That's a Seagull 4A-109 TLR! Made in China. Strictly for exporting to foreign countries especially Europe and US. Well not sure if we're able to get it locally but it's sure cost a whole lot, say abt SGD$350 or more, coming close to abt SGD$450.

    Actually getting the early models are good enuff i.e. Shanghai (predecessor of Seagull), Seagull 4A, 4B, 4C. Get it directly from China will cost cheaper (inclusive of shipment and remittance fee) than 4A-109.

    The only difference between the old and new ones is the 75mm lens - 3 groups 3 elements on the old models and the new one (4A-109) has 4 groups 3 elements. Focusing wise I' not too sure as I couldn't find any proved example of fotos.

    In case any of you are interested to get one, check out this Chinese website

    http://www.sy916.net OR

    http://202.110.52.202/info2/index.php

    They offer lotsa of other interesting photographic stuff as well. Happy browsing & shopping!

  4. #144

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I've never been there myself but I'm just wondering what the place will be like with 20 over photographers going down there and disturbing the peace and quiet. Don't you guys think that such a large group would be a little more than intrusive for the residents and businesses there?
    Yeah, I've been thinking about that, too. I guess it's ok, since we're not there to party. Just going there to explore and take some shots. Everyone should cooperate and dun go around tearing things down or littering the place.

    Cheers!

  5. #145
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Cool Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    1. King Tiger
    2. mohgui (tentatively... hope nothing screws up)
    3. S11loop (die die also must go)
    4. snowspeeder
    5. Kitkat
    6. quekky
    7. hyperFocal
    8. donchua
    9. NMSS_2
    10. aperture
    11. Klose (How to get there in the first place? )
    12. clicknick
    13. Sumball
    14. Mezzotint
    15. ergoh
    16. Ah_Seng
    17. Knight Ong
    18. Nikonsiao
    19. Witness
    20. dreamtheatre - must take my leave at ~ 5pm
    21. custom_biker
    22. hazekang
    23. Merciless Knight (So die die must go)
    24. horizonsky (will be coming in late)
    25. icarus (will be coming in late)
    26.
    27.
    28.
    29.
    30.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  6. #146
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeWorld
    icarus, are you passing something to me on that day?
    Otherwise will wait till we meet............
    I prepared the stuff for u liao... maybe u drop me a reminder SMS on friday in case i forget to bring
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  7. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    1. King Tiger
    2. mohgui (tentatively... hope nothing screws up)
    3. S11loop (die die also must go)
    4. snowspeeder
    5. Kitkat
    6. quekky
    7. hyperFocal
    8. donchua
    9. NMSS_2
    10. aperture
    11. Klose (How to get there in the first place? )
    12. clicknick
    13. Sumball
    14. Mezzotint
    15. ergoh
    16. Ah_Seng
    17. Knight Ong
    18. Nikonsiao
    19. Witness
    20. dreamtheatre - must take my leave at ~ 5pm
    21. custom_biker
    22. hazekang
    23. Merciless Knight (So die die must go)
    24. horizonsky (will be coming in late)
    25. icarus (will be coming in late)
    26. mingosteen
    27.
    28.
    29.
    30.
    31.
    32.
    33.
    34.
    35.

  8. #148
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    1. King Tiger
    2. mohgui (tentatively... hope nothing screws up)
    3. S11loop (die die also must go)
    4. snowspeeder
    5. Kitkat
    6. quekky
    7. hyperFocal
    8. donchua
    9. NMSS_2
    10. aperture
    11. Klose (How to get there in the first place? )
    12. clicknick
    13. Sumball
    14. Mezzotint
    15. ergoh
    16. Ah_Seng
    17. Knight Ong
    18. Nikonsiao
    19. Witness
    20. dreamtheatre - must take my leave at ~ 5pm
    21. custom_biker
    22. hazekang
    23. Merciless Knight (So die die must go)
    24. horizonsky (will be coming in late)
    25. icarus (will be coming in late)
    26. mingosteen
    27. John Teoh (Finally CO confirmed... kekeke)
    28.
    29.
    30.
    31.
    32.
    33.
    34.
    35.

  9. #149
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Lets see if we can reach a group size of 30 or not
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  10. #150
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I've never been there myself but I'm just wondering what the place will be like with 20 over photographers going down there and disturbing the peace and quiet. Don't you guys think that such a large group would be a little more than intrusive for the residents and businesses there?
    Good Question, Terence.

    No, we won't disturbing anyone there.
    I won't use the term "disturbing the peace and quiet", you will have to be there on the ground and see the Kamong yourself
    and decide the words to use on surrounding scene. (No offence hor)

    Of course, one would politely chit chat with the neighbours and ask for perimisson if he wanted to enter the house, or do anything.

    Firstly, they are use to it.
    Before us, there are already many other groups and more bigger groups been there.
    CNA, Mediacorp, Channel U, Straits Times and etc.
    Not sure if the schools have organise a trip there.

    The previous time I went there, there are 17 of us, all photographers.
    I notice 3 of our CSers have a very nice conversation with the neighbours, chit chat happily and it is our Kampong neighbours that inform us that there are Sampang river inside and boats at nearby area and we should go deeper inside to shoot. : ) But we are unable to continue further as heavy rain are coming.
    And one of the CSers happen to know one of the Kampong ppl there (ex-neighbour).

    AFAIK, the neighbours there are kind and fine, the uncle at the provision shop would be more happy to see ppl coming and patronize his shop.

    Of course, one would respect individual privacy and not go there to take their plants, pee at their backyard, enter their house without permission, or harass the neighbour one way or another.
    It is the maturity of every individual CSers of his own responsibility and of course I believe everyone of the CSers participate in the outing are mature adults.

    Some of you may have known me as I plan in advance and in detailed, all issue have been take into consideration before I proceed with the outing.
    The only things thats spolit the outing with be the weather, which I have no control.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

  11. #151

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    Good Question, Terence.

    No, we won't disturbing anyone there.
    I won't use the term "disturbing the peace and quiet", you will have to be there on the ground and see the Kamong yourself
    and decide the words to use on surrounding scene. (No offence hor)

    Of course, one would politely chit chat with the neighbours and ask for perimisson if he wanted to enter the house, or do anything.

    Firstly, they are use to it.
    Before us, there are already many other groups and more bigger groups been there.
    CNA, Mediacorp, Channel U, Straits Times and etc.
    Not sure if the schools have organise a trip there.

    The previous time I went there, there are 17 of us, all photographers.
    I notice 3 of our CSers have a very nice conversation with the neighbours, chit chat happily and it is our Kampong neighbours that inform us that there are Sampang river inside and boats at nearby area and we should go deeper inside to shoot. : ) But we are unable to continue further as heavy rain are coming.
    And one of the CSers happen to know one of the Kampong ppl there (ex-neighbour).

    AFAIK, the neighbours there are kind and fine, the uncle at the provision shop would be more happy to see ppl coming and patronize his shop.

    Of course, one would respect individual privacy and not go there to take their plants, pee at their backyard, enter their house without permission, or harass the neighbour one way or another.
    It is the maturity of every individual CSers of his own responsibility and of course I believe everyone of the CSers participate in the outing are mature adults.

    Some of you may have known me as I plan in advance and in detailed, all issue have been take into consideration before I proceed with the outing.
    The only things thats spolit the outing with be the weather, which I have no control.

    Yo, KT.....long time no see ah....

    I remember the other time i went there with u guys.

    The owner actually quite sensitive abt being photograph cos he has kana "con" once. So best, it to carify your intentions, example; where u from, why u are doing these.....etc

    Think it will be good for both parties. Enjoy your shoot out, it indeed a nice place.

    Too bad cant join u guys.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  12. #152

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    sound fun..

    anyone can join up izzit ???

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  13. #153

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Lets see if we can reach a group size of 30 or not
    Wow.. This is no joke man. With such strength, even mosquitoes fly pass can't escape.

  14. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    sound fun..

    anyone can join up izzit ???

    Anyone can join..... Me too!

    1. King Tiger
    2. mohgui (tentatively... hope nothing screws up)
    3. S11loop (die die also must go)
    4. snowspeeder
    5. Kitkat
    6. quekky
    7. hyperFocal
    8. donchua
    9. NMSS_2
    10. aperture
    11. Klose (How to get there in the first place? )
    12. clicknick
    13. Sumball
    14. Mezzotint
    15. ergoh
    16. Ah_Seng
    17. Knight Ong
    18. Nikonsiao
    19. Witness
    20. dreamtheatre - must take my leave at ~ 5pm
    21. custom_biker
    22. hazekang
    23. Merciless Knight (So die die must go)
    24. horizonsky (will be coming in late)
    25. icarus (will be coming in late)
    26. mingosteen
    27. John Teoh (Finally CO confirmed... kekeke)
    28. LifeWorld
    29.
    30.
    31.
    32.
    33.
    34.
    35.

  15. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Wah....platoon strength liao.....can we lauched coy level attack?

  16. #156

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    wahh.....CO u also gg ar....hmmm....now i tink i cfm will show up liao ... hahaha......

  17. #157

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng
    Wah....platoon strength liao.....can we lauched coy level attack?
    4.5 gun detachments can form battery already

  18. #158

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    u guys need me to go recce first? hahaha

  19. #159

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I've never been there myself but I'm just wondering what the place will be like with 20 over photographers going down there and disturbing the peace and quiet. Don't you guys think that such a large group would be a little more than intrusive for the residents and businesses there?

  20. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: 2nd KT Outing : Last Kampong in Singapore (03/09/2005)

    Quote Originally Posted by T16
    Something wrong with your face?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •