Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Just dropping by to say Hi

  1. #1

    Default Just dropping by to say Hi

    hello guys, juz dropping by to say a big HI to Xanderman. met him at the airport yesterday & he happened to see me "in action" doing the time lapse thing.

    welcome to the Oly club Xanderman!!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    hello guys, juz dropping by to say a big HI to Xanderman. met him at the airport yesterday & he happened to see me "in action" doing the time lapse thing.

    welcome to the Oly club Xanderman!!
    Hi Nightpiper and all,

    Sorry for the delay, just got my broadband up and running. SingNet activated my 10Mbps line which disable my PacNet 512k BB. Wah Lau! They were only supposed to activate it on the 1st of September. Well the good thing is I now know my neighbours also have they wireless modems setup for free use

    Nightpiper, thanks for sharing your knowledge and the cool "demo" of the Olympus Studio software. I think its is really worth the $ if you ever need to use your computer to control the camera. That car battery of yours is great idea, may just get one myself next time.

    Does anybody wants to buy the FS2, focusing screen with gridlines for E-1? So far nightpiper and myself are keen. I plan to buy online from the US. About US$30+ per piece. Freight charges is about US$30+. If we can get enough buyers, we can spread the postage. I was also thinking of getting the cable remote for slightly under a SG$100.00. If there are buyers, please reply to this thread, then I will start a new thread on MO for FS2 and the remote.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by XanderMan
    Does anybody wants to buy the FS2, focusing screen with gridlines for E-1? So far nightpiper and myself are keen. I plan to buy online from the US. About US$30+ per piece. Freight charges is about US$30+. If we can get enough buyers, we can spread the postage. I was also thinking of getting the cable remote for slightly under a SG$100.00. If there are buyers, please reply to this thread, then I will start a new thread on MO for FS2 and the remote.
    Yeah, go get the remote, it is very very useful for bulb mode and for shooting group shots. Love the feel of the shutter button on it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    How nice if there is a split screen for E300 too. Focusing in low light with the F1.8 OM len is really eye taxing. Which site you are ordering from? (See if there is any interesting gadget to get for E-300)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,733

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    yep, I was very dissapointed to find out that the FS2 can't work on the E-300 as the focusing screen is not removable.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East
    Posts
    445

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Hi, will be interested in both items! But what other items are on discount too? Please tell us the web site! Thanks!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    interested in the remote!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    see me "in action" doing the time lapse thing.
    yo wat thing man?!

  9. #9
    Member kktan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lands behind the Wood
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer_400
    yo wat thing man?!
    Time lapse!!! Back to the future???

    Good to have you back, nightpiper.


  10. #10

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    someone in singapre has a brand new FS-2 for sale in original box. For those who want, private me for his contact. think he is selling $65 singapore dollar.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    I interested in the remote if it is available for less then $100. Count me in. Thanks!!!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer_400
    yo wat thing man?!
    time lapse thing lor. its my big project, ending soon.

    update: i shot pass the 100K mark in juz 7 weeks. shoot until the E1 went "3C81". i will be sure to bring it down for a check once its over.

    hi Xanderman, why u didn't opt for Starhub Max online? they r so far the cheapest BB provider. from what i understand, Singnet & Pacnet above 1000Mbps plans all lease their line to provide such speed. i will be seriously considering a switch when my acct expire next yr. also want to thank u for offering the MO. confirm getting the FS-2 so rest assure i keep my word.

    have a nice day ya'll

  13. #13

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    i shot pass the 100K mark in juz 7 weeks.

    have a nice day ya'll
    whoa! i have'nt even hit 10k yet!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    time lapse thing lor. its my big project, ending soon.

    update: i shot pass the 100K mark in juz 7 weeks. shoot until the E1 went "3C81". i will be sure to bring it down for a check once its over.

    hi Xanderman, why u didn't opt for Starhub Max online? they r so far the cheapest BB provider. from what i understand, Singnet & Pacnet above 1000Mbps plans all lease their line to provide such speed. i will be seriously considering a switch when my acct expire next yr. also want to thank u for offering the MO. confirm getting the FS-2 so rest assure i keep my word.

    have a nice day ya'll
    If I subscribe to Starhub Max Online, I have to pay the SG$2000.00 just to pull the line for the last 10m into my home. Not worth it lah. That is why I choose ADSL instead.

    Anyway, I am treating this Singnet iBook promo as a 3 year interest free loan from Singnet to get a laptop. If not for the iBook, I wouldn't have signed up for it at SG$88/mth.

    If I read correctly, my plan is ADSL2+, still using the copper lines, so they are not related to SCV at all. Anyway at the end of the day, both ISP are own by SG.gov. Not much of a choice we have here in Singapore. Overpriced BB, and yet the gov wants to develop local computer gaming content development industry?!
    Last edited by XanderMan; 3rd September 2005 at 12:31 AM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by XanderMan
    If I subscribe to Starhub Max Online, I have to pay the SG$2000.00 just to pull the line for the last 10m into my home. Not worth it lah. That is why I choose ADSL instead.

    Anyway, I am treating this Singnet iBook promo as a 3 year interest free loan from Singnet to get a laptop. If not for the iBook, I wouldn't have signed up for it at SG$88/mth.

    If I read correctly, my plan is ADSL2+, still using the copper lines, so they are not related to SCV at all. Anyway at the end of the day, both ISP are own by SG.gov. Not much of a choice we have here in Singapore. Overpriced BB, and yet the gov wants to develop local computer gaming content development industry?!

    i see. but can u tell me more about this $2000 thing? that sounds very scary for any penalty in the BB plans. if ur SCV cable is in the living room (i m assuming u live in a huge bungalow thats why need 10m wiring & $2000) i think u can opt for the wireless connection.

    will check out the ADSL2 plans. sounds new to me. & u really has hit the nail on the head with this gaming content industry.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    i see. but can u tell me more about this $2000 thing? that sounds very scary for any penalty in the BB plans. if ur SCV cable is in the living room (i m assuming u live in a huge bungalow thats why need 10m wiring & $2000) i think u can opt for the wireless connection.

    will check out the ADSL2 plans. sounds new to me. & u really has hit the nail on the head with this gaming content industry.
    the $2,000 is to pull the scv cable from the road into his home.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Just dropping by to say Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by burger
    the $2,000 is to pull the scv cable from the road into his home.
    Yeah, for landed property very sian, kena kertoe from SCV. What to do

    My neighbour house even bigger kena pay $4000 because they say his drive way very long! Wah Lau this is day light robbery! My parents' place is considered the smallest in my area, humble terrace house Next year move out stay 3rm HDB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •