Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IR Trigger

Deregistered

Default Re: IR Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    any idea what's the spread of the trigger ? gonna be a bummer if the light is behind the photographer and it can't trigger....
    I've the trigger Astin mentioned, have no issues with triggering the lights when it's behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    any idea what's the spread of the trigger ? gonna be a bummer if the light is behind the photographer and it can't trigger....
    Rueyloon,

If you buy the Made in Japan trigger which sells in Cathay Photo, it can trigger almost anywhere in the studio. I have one myself too and i have tried up to 10m no problem. Even I am in front of the lights, i do not face this problem.

The only time which the IR will not trigger properly when you have a black backdrop which IR will be absorb when you stand in front of the lights. To solve this problem, you need a another small flash, to trigger your studio strobes. For me I use my SB-800 which is extra sensitive to IR trigger. Since SB-800 is heavy, I just turn on the SU-4 (Nikon Wireless System) and set it remotely close by the studio strobes. This only applies to very dark backdrops.

I am using Elinchroms. Elinchroms in built slave unit are quite sensitive to flash/IR trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Rueyloon,

If you buy the Made in Japan trigger which sells in Cathay Photo, it can trigger almost anywhere in the studio. I have one myself too and i have tried up to 10m no problem. Even I am in front of the lights, i do not face this problem.

The only time which the IR will not trigger properly when you have a black backdrop which IR will be absorb when you stand in front of the lights. To solve this problem, you need a another small flash, to trigger your studio strobes. For me I use my SB-800 which is extra sensitive to IR trigger. Since SB-800 is heavy, I just turn on the SU-4 (Nikon Wireless System) and set it remotely close by the studio strobes. This only applies to very dark backdrops.

I am using Elinchroms. Elinchroms in built slave unit are quite sensitive to flash/IR trigger.
    hmm..... IC IC,
    now we're using the radio slave sold by eastgear. It works for me, but my other partners
    have complained about unreliabiliy, (but I dunno what they meant by that, as in in what situation.) So now we might want another solution that can just cover all the bases, and also for outdoor, I'm just concerned in an open area, the IR one might not work well, with no place for it to bounce around.....

can the IR one work outdoors ?

cheer
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

The Jinbei radio trigger works very well for me...

This article might have some value in your consideration on what to use as well:

Strobe trigger voltages

Lightbulb Re: IR Trigger

anyone uses falconeyes tr1 ir trigger? any feedback to share, especially negative. thks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123