*JOKE MODE ON* a compilation of friendly FAQs to some noobie queries abt buying his/her 1st DSLR. compiled over a few sessions of chit-chats with my frens.
1) you CANNOT aim thru the LCD screen in a DSLR...
2) you CANNOT take movies with ur DSLR (no... 'M' is not movie mode. see below for definition)
3) to be a real professional cameraman, use "P" mode (as in "Professional" mode)
4) you DO NOT need VR/IS in your lens... after all, at f22, everything shld be sharp
5) the standard setting for any pic to get the most perfect results - ISO1600, 1/4000sec, f22, mount on tripod (perferably Manfrotto 055 tripod and tie a brick to the center column and use MC-30 remote to trigger the shutter and mirror lock-up...phew...)
6) no... by turning to AV mode doesn't make a Jap actress appear in ur viewfinder
7) To take nice pictures, turn to "S". Sure to give you "swee" pictures.
8) Remember to set camera to AF-C all the time... to give u "All Frame Chio" Pics
9) btw... u do not cut ur film into little squares to stuff into the little slot marked 'CF'...
10) for super sharp, super colours etc... pics, use 'M' mode. after all, 'M' stands for 'mou tuck teng'.... rite?
feel free to add ur suggestions here for the future reference to all noobies!
*JOKE MODE OFF*