Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get blur background effect?

Default Re: How to get blur background effect?

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Try using a FF camera and a 1.6x camera. Shoot the same subject with the same framing with the same lens, setting, etc. You'll see that the background blur of the FF camera is better...
    This may due to the lens focal length on different format have different the angles of view. For example a 90mm on small format is a tele lens, on a medium it is a standard lens and on a large format it is a wide angle lens depending how of the image circle is been used. So in order to get same framing for two different camera, you have move your distant of the camera to the subject. That where the DOF had change because you change the distant. If you use the same distant on both camera you should have the same amount DOF, of course your angle of view will have change due to the crop of the image circle. By saying this I done a little research, it seem I have done it again. It seem there such a thing call COC that will affect DOF due the image circle the lenes is design for different sensor or format, thus you can say sensor and film size can affect DOF
    Last edited by singscott; 4th September 2005 at 10:02 PM.

Bring model to the beach or other place with wide expanses in background of model.
    Use 300mm F2.8 lens and shoot at f2.8. (film camera) If digicam has 1.6x it may affect the out of focus effect.
    Photograph half body portrait of head and shoulders portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    This may due to the lens focal length on different format have different the angles of view. For example a 90mm on small format is a tele lens, on a medium it is a standard lens and on a large format it is a wide angle lens depending how of the image circle is been used. So in order to get same framing for two different camera, you have move your distant of the camera to the subject. That where the DOF had change because you change the distant. If you use the same distant on both camera you should have the same amount DOF, of course your angle of view will have change due to the crop of the image circle. By saying this I done a little research, it seem I have done it again. It seem there such a thing call COC that will affect DOF due the image circle the lenes is design for different sensor or format, thus you can say sensor and film size can affect DOF
    Yup, that was what I was trying to say, but maybe I wasn't clear in my presentation.
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12