Thread: Stamp alike Borders

Default Stamp alike Borders

Hi guys, i have seen ppl using postage-stamp-edges as the borders for their pictures. Not too sure if you guys understand what i am saying. But hope if anyone knows, please guide me. Thank you.

Default Re: Stamp alike Borders

this was common in the 1950s.
    photo studios/labs cut their black and white pics with special cutters
    you can buy this from a USA company now.
    it has no function and is decorative

Don't really know about that. Thanks for that info.

What about using photoshop processing?

Hi thanks for that. Really what i need. However, have tried to follow the instructions but still couldnt get it. Haha maybe i am too dumb for it, well i will try again. Really thanks for this tutorial.
    If there is more alternatives, i welcome them too. Can also teach others who wanna learn it too. Cheers

Maybe this one is easier to follow:

Singapore, Redhill

Take a photo of a real stamp, best using a good and flat plane macro lens. Then stick your photo ever the original stamp. To change the dimesion, use clone tool to make more perforations. A real postage stamp will give teh paper fibre rough edge that is very hard to achieve using paint-brush.

I have one published work whereby I made artificial stamps using the method I described above.

Thanks for you guys responses. Actually i just found out that one of the plugins, Auto FX dreamsuite can do the stamp border too.