Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Follow-up to "Why don't I join the photoshoots?"

Default Re: Re: for those who are shy...

Originally posted by Klause

If they do that, I will dress up as a lady and join them. hehehehe.. just kidding.

On a more serious note, I don't think that's required lar. To be honest, guys will be MORE than happy to welcome the gals to join them.

Cheers
    That is from the guys' point of view and that is the very thing that may put off the fairer sex in our club!

Originally posted by Klause

If they do that, I will dress up as a lady and join them. hehehehe.. just kidding.

On a more serious note, I don't think that's required lar. To be honest, guys will be MORE than happy to welcome the gals to join them.

Cheers
    that's not the point. Gals feel more comfortable with just gals around...as would some guys who feel more comfortable shooting with other guys only.

You might not think it a problem for gals to join photoshoots, but some gals are very shy lah, especially next to guys with huge dSLRs and lengthy telephoto lenses...

So, it's horses for courses..

regards,
    argent2

Default Re: Re: Re: for those who are shy...

Originally posted by argent2

...as would some guys who feel more comfortable shooting with other guys only.
    Very true!

However, lets not discriminate or we'll have all the rights activists flooding our forums.

Default Re: Re: Re: for those who are shy...

Originally posted by argent2

that's not the point. Gals feel more comfortable with just gals around...as would some guys who feel more comfortable shooting with other guys only.

So, it's horses for courses..

regards,
    argent2
    i agree with this, smoothie
    extract ->
    some gals are very shy lah, especially next to guys with huge dSLRs and lengthy telephoto lenses...

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: for those who are shy...

Originally posted by Cherlyn

extract ->
    some gals are very shy lah, especially next to guys with huge dSLRs and lengthy telephoto lenses...
    Why?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: for those who are shy...

Originally posted by TME

Why?
    the keyword is shy

Blog Entries

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: for those who are shy...

extract ->
    why be so shy? I have seen some gals with bigger telephoto lenses than the guys

and the guys will then say "Its not the size that matters, its what you do with it."

Default Re: for those who are shy...

Originally posted by Darren
    why be so shy? I have seen some gals with bigger telephoto lenses than the guys

and the guys will then say "Its not the size that matters, its what you do with it."

imagine if clubsnap is dominated by females.
    take it ye male and just started venturing into photography
    with a shy nature,
    imagine how tough it is to get oneself to join in da photoshoot
    especially if one's alone.
    Last edited by Cherlyn; 16th October 2002 at 06:39 PM.

with a shy nature,

Hahaha.....I won't mind loh! After all, I also don't know whether all are guys or gals cos the nicks are all so different from real names. I once sold a graphics card to someone called Ulyssses on HWZ. I thought it was a guy from the email correspondence. But it turned out to be an IT savvy lady. So I'll just go loh! Here, even though it is predominantly guys, there might have been some plucky lady who dares to mix with the guys on the photoshoots mah! Who knows? I never go for one before leh!

Eh...actually hor, places like JBP and Zoo would require long lenses most of the time. This is really unfortunate. I don't even want to think of going there because my longest lens now is 105mm! Maybe Zoo still possible though.

It's really very daunting and disappointing if you go to those places and shoot with your kit lenses So perhaps you'll want to add a 'Lack of suitable equipment' category :P

I shoot with my friend's 100-400L IS once at Sungei Buloh. It's really a pleasure but no $$$ to spend for a hobby.

Regards,
    JK

Originally posted by tanjk
    Eh...actually hor, places like JBP and Zoo would require long lenses most of the time. This is really unfortunate. I don't even want to think of going there because my longest lens now is 105mm! Maybe Zoo still possible though.

It's really very daunting and disappointing if you go to those places and shoot with your kit lenses So perhaps you'll want to add a 'Lack of suitable equipment' category :P

I shoot with my friend's 100-400L IS once at Sungei Buloh. It's really a pleasure but no $$$ to spend for a hobby.

Regards,
    JK
    That's true also cos my longest is 135mm. But a 100-400 zoom is going to weigh a ton though! )

Default Re: Re: Re: My follow-up to "Why don't I join the photoshoots?"

Originally posted by Violett
    Hmm.. I agree with Adam's idea of bringing your spouse/partner/child to photoshoot outings too. Hmm.. in a way they will understand why you have this passion for photography and also they might pleasantly surprise you to have interest in it too.

As for the "majority of Clubsnappers are guys" hmm.. I would be very glad to extend a warm welcome to all the gals in clubsnap to join in future photoshoot.. So guys, dun feel shy okie, rest assured you are not alone there.
    Most of the time my bf will volunteer to drive me to places that I want to do my shooting, but when I take some time to play around with my camera, he starts showing me his impatience

Hence, I was very keen to join the last two outings, however after finding out that most clubsnappers are guys then I become a bit scare scare. Reasons - don't know who to approach and you know lah, me girl too shy to make the first move mah.

Look for togu, he's always there.

not to 4get me too.
    Just joking lar, but i still prefer to shoot alone or closer frens as i noe em better and can crack better /dirty jokes together.

dirty jokes? LOL at the zoo?
    I think that's why mostly guys there anyways haha... and the femmes stay far far away...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

wat about the zoo??? got any dirty jokes about the zoo to share?

Originally posted by franciskc
    wat about the zoo??? got any dirty jokes about the zoo to share?
    jokes? hmm well saw this group of mandarin speaking tourists so happy or feelin lucky catching something(forgot turtle or lizards) making out in the reptile garden enclosure...
    saw 4 llamas on an elephant ride grinning like school kids. missed the best shot since I was out of film and had to grab my friend's heavy d1h. in the end they were alighting liao . um not llamas as in camels but dalai llama llama...
    saw the peacock showing bravado in front of one of a group of peahens, all splayed and cawing... in the end the peahen moved away unimpressed...
    saw an anteater inside the fragile forest sniffing out an angmoh kid's pram, probably got milk or something inside a bag...
    saw the mousedeer eating fruits, looks damn weird man..
    or me, standing right in front of the sunbear exhibit but trying to shoot (shoot ah not f) spider with the ridiculously short +4 on 300mm...
    saw more kids in the kfc+ water playground than anywhere else in the zoo...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

with a shy nature,
    GULP! For me, it's mai tu liao!

also shy....

Originally posted by breezeY
    also shy....
    For a start, you may wanna join us for SEED!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast