Thread: Possible to totally remove the wire mesh, cage bars when taking pictures?

Deregistered

Default Possible to totally remove the wire mesh, cage bars when taking pictures?

I managed to focus on the animals behind the wire mesh but as you can see the mesh can be seen in the picture just out of focus. Is it possible to have the mesh out of the picture totally? Do you need say to PS it out were you to do it?

Default Re: Possible to totally remove the wire mesh, cage bars when taking pictures?

It's not possible unfortunately. Unless you can get your lens right up to and shoot in between the openings in the mesh. That's why I don't shoot if I see the animals in cages.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Possible to totally remove the wire mesh, cage bars when taking pictures?

You can ask for special access and walk into the cage...

Set your lens on a longer focal length, and use a wider lens aperture setting, stick your lens right up to the wire mesh holes, the wire mesh will be out of focus.

else, this should work.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Here's a bit of a half-ass idea... instead of fighting the mesh, use it as a framing device instead for your photo?

use a wider aperture, longer focal length.

happened to come across this video while stumbling

hope this tutorial is of some help
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature