Thread: Norway, London and Paris in April-May

Default Norway, London and Paris in April-May

Hi fellow Clubsnappers, I'll be embarking on a solo 3 week trip (1 week each) to Norway, London and Paris.

It will be between late April to before mid May.

I'm doing up my itinerary to meet friends over there, so hopefully it will be very fun.

Any tips (for photography, travel and expenses) will be very welcome!
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 | Flickr | 500px

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruitjuice View Post
    Hi fellow Clubsnappers, I'll be embarking on a solo 3 week trip (1 week each) to Norway, London and Paris. It will be between late April to before mid May. I'm doing up my itinerary to meet friends over there, so hopefully it will be very fun. Any tips (for photography, travel and expenses) will be very welcome!
    Which part of Norway would be going? It's a large country in terms of distance between the usual locations unless you fly.

Default Re: Norway, London and Paris in April-May

Quote Originally Posted by Alpc View Post
    Which part of Norway would be going? It's a large country in terms of distance between the usual locations unless you fly.
    Oslo, Flam, Bergen and Stavanger (Sandnes)!
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 | Flickr | 500px

I have been to Stavanger multiple times but and one place which is a must visit if ofcourse Pulpit rock at Preikestolen. not sure about your decision to go to Scandinavia in Winters its freezing cold now. Carry a good tripod which you can weigh down with a bag as winds can be strong up in the rock. Its a 5-6km both ways trek and it can be a bit tough at times so wear good light hiking shoes. View is great feels like the game Skyrim if you know it.

Norway is the most expensive place I have ever been to, with beers costing 25 SGD+ so if you are on a budget carry instant noodles :P.

Next near Stavanger is to visit Kjeragbolten (rock stuck between 2 cliffs) which may be impossible this time of the year as it will be very hard trek up..

I did 3 weeks in Norway before.

I particularly loved Lofoten. Since it is off season the roads are all yours to drive ( but with more care in winter ). I stayed in Reine previously in a rorbuer. Great experience.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruitjuice View Post
    Oslo, Flam, Bergen and Stavanger (Sandnes)!
    All within a week? How will you be traveling - Drive, Rail, Fly? If you are flying, yes it's possible. But if you travel by rail/driving, might be a bit tight depending on how many days are you staying at each location and what do you intend to do there. For me Oslo - Bergen - Oslo, I already took 4 days when I travel by rail as Oslo - Bergen took 8 hours to get between these 2 cities; but it was a great rail ride... Based in Bergen, when for a day trip to Flam.