Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: lending of cameras...

Default Re: lending of cameras...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Don't worry, there's plenty of stock for the D70 cover Cheer up!
    And more stock for D70 too!

Watch out for the eyecup too which is one of the other accessories that comes off easily.

Just tell her something was wrong with the cam after the return and you had to send for servicing, don't think she'll have the cheek to demand for it again.

Quote Originally Posted by hotgraphy
    Watch out for the eyecup too which is one of the other accessories that comes off easily.

Just tell her something was wrong with the cam after the return and you had to send for servicing, don't think she'll have the cheek to demand for it again.
    brilliant suggestion
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

is it that difficult to say "no"?

It's not just about a camera anymore. It's about being able to stand up for what you believe for.

A healthy relationship depends on mutual trust and respect. By lending her your camera for a night, you are respecting and trusting your cousin will take good care of your camera, and in return she must be able responsible for your equipment (which she demonstrated clearly she cannot).

Sometimes you just need to be firm in your stand. Instead of making up white lies, just tell her that you don't feel comfortable lending it to her, or to anybody for that matter. It's a good test of this relationship: will it turn sour just because you refuse to lend her your camera?

Once I loan my FE2 to a friend and it came back w a long arnd 3cm scratch on the body.
    What's worst was his attitude upon hearing my 'feedback'.

Another time, another friend borrowed my flash, and he pushed it onto the hotshoe of his
    camera w/o switching off (the flash). He explained later that he did it w his own flash, and
    there wasn't any problem. Mine was TTL flash...his was an ordinary one (3rd party thingy).

I found out the flash had failed when I completed taking wedding pics for another couple
    friend...all the pics taken w flash came out...u guess it.

Conclusion???
    Last edited by micah4; 16th September 2005 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    is it that difficult to say "no"?
    Like the earlier small-talk, its usually between relatives (especially if two families are close enuff), that the culprit would get away scot-free with something really idiotic that would have resulted in a murder case for a stranger or someone whom u're not familiar with.

For some its hard to say 'no'. For some its harder to even give a reason. And for ppl like me, I wun hesitate to demolish the fella's stall right down to the last screw if I'm really pissed.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Sometime in our lives we must learn to say NO. How to say it needs some maturity and skill. Can always look aloof and say no with our nose in the air or can genuinely tell her that this is a very precious piece of equipment of yours and you can let her have the other cam but not this one. Maybe say it apologetically - like sorry, I'm afraid I can't let you have this cam.

I find that beating around the bush and giving hints that to suggest that I am not keen does not help. Giving excuses only last for a while. What happens if she ask u again?

Always as they say: Speak the truth in love (lovingly). Let them know your stand and you will not hurt anyone.

Cheers.

Hope this helps
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow
    Sometime in our lives we must learn to say NO. How to say it needs some maturity and skill. Can always look aloof and say no with our nose in the air or can genuinely tell her that this is a very precious piece of equipment of yours and you can let her have the other cam but not this one. Maybe say it apologetically - like sorry, I'm afraid I can't let you have this cam.

I find that beating around the bush and giving hints that to suggest that I am not keen does not help. Giving excuses only last for a while. What happens if she ask u again?

Always as they say: Speak the truth in love (lovingly). Let them know your stand and you will not hurt anyone.

Cheers.

Hope this helps
    i fully agree

I'll be travelling in December;
    I don't think I'll be able to bring my tripod with me though because it is large (055 proB)
    since everyone is talking about loaning equipment, can anyone here loan me a tripod when I visit Singapore? hae hae I think maybe my sister's boyfriend's brother might have one, so I'll check with him when I go there.

What are the rough charges for loaning tripods, I guess it depends on the type? one that will hold my 300D + 17-85, but maybe other lenses when I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    back back..

i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

i didn't want to confront her.. so i LL lor..

i am definitely going to come up with all/some/one of the reasons why i can't lend her for the europe trip. (courtesy of all you guys!! *grins*)

=(
    the lost display cover is really not a lot of $$, but gives you the perfect excuse not to lend her the camera.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Say "NO". Please.

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    back back..

i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

=(

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow

Cheers.

Hope this helps
    Second that.

ok, ill accept the no

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567