Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 134

Thread: lending of cameras...

  1. #101

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    I wouldn't lend my SLR to anyone, family or not. I wouldn't want to run the risk of ruining a relationship if the camera comes back spoilt. Heck, I wouldn't even let my wife touch my camera.

    My colleague once lent his camera to his brother-in-law, and the camera came back badly dented (I saw the damage and it wasn't trivial). The bro-in-law just acted blur.

    Your cousin recognises that it is not a small investment (otherwise she would have bought her own SLR), so I don't see any reason why you can't refuse her. Remember, it's your camera, so it's your choice.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    This is a very sensitive topic..

    The thread is building up very fast..

    After all it will still depend on you. It take courage to said NO to someone you know.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Hi Ibitemynails, maybe you can beat ard the bush a lil bit....maybe ask her the reason fo wanting the DSLR...most probably she will think that it is a ''pro'' camera, thus it can get better photos.Then you ask her if she know how to utilise the DSLR fully...she will most probably think that got ''auto'' function....so, you tell her that using auto n an SLR got no point at all...might as well use a PnS cam.You can also ask her to try the auto function in the SLR while you use the PnS cam. Then you compare the pics...so you tell her that it is the person behind the camera...she shld be old enough to understand this or she won't ask for the DSLR....if she still refuses....then just tell her straight...compare the DSLR with something that she cherishes alot(etc soft toy)...then ask her if she would lend you the toy to bring out....

  4. #104

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Hi Ibitemynails, maybe you can beat ard the bush a lil bit....maybe ask her the reason fo wanting the DSLR...most probably she will think that it is a ''pro'' camera, thus it can get better photos.Then you ask her if she know how to utilise the DSLR fully...she will most probably think that got ''auto'' function....so, you tell her that using auto n an SLR got no point at all...might as well use a PnS cam.You can also ask her to try the auto function in the SLR while you use the PnS cam. Then you compare the pics...so you tell her that it is the person behind the camera...she shld be old enough to understand this or she won't ask for the DSLR....if she still refuses....then just tell her straight...compare the DSLR with something that she cherishes alot(etc soft toy)...then ask her if she would lend you the toy to bring out....
    skali backfire...

    nahhhh...straight to the point better. just say 'no' cos:
    1. you cannot loan her the cam for so long since you need to use
    2. you saved for ages to buy the cam and its too precious to lend it to anyone
    3. (add more reasons here)

    and just to show that you are not being selfish, loan her your cute p&s cam

    anyway i dont think your cousin will be so immature as to complain to her parents who will then complain to your parents, etc. if she is then just as well you didnt loan her your precious dslr

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NTU and Wdls
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    hmmmm well...
    simple: loan it out to someone else 1st..
    tell that someone else to return by a certain date..
    then let the someone keep past her flight date.

    Then: you really wanted to lend her, but your friend screwed you up and didn't return your camera in time for her trip. not your fault, you were just being nice to everyone.

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Quote Originally Posted by unseen
    hmmmm well...
    simple: loan it out to someone else 1st..
    tell that someone else to return by a certain date..
    then let the someone keep past her flight date.

    Then: you really wanted to lend her, but your friend screwed you up and didn't return your camera in time for her trip. not your fault, you were just being nice to everyone.
    Unless you want to play the same trick again and again.

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    wah lau ehh... this thread still alive har?

  8. #108

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    ibite, please come back to tell us what happenned ... did you lend the camera to your cousin?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  9. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    do u need a 9mm appliance?
    Last edited by 9mm; 31st August 2005 at 12:05 PM.

  10. #110

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Just checking in, hope if you did lend the camera, it came back and came back in good shape.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    dun lend lah , i bought my camer with my own money n stuff, its alot of money to me, n i 1 2 take care of it,

    my wife 1 2 use it once , but after i lend her to take 1 photo nia , she says : "wa piang , so heavy how to shoot , i 1 2 get my digi cam already "

    hahahha , ever since then no 1 bother to ask if i can lend my camera or not,

    i guess its the weight n still a film slr that put people off

  12. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Just checking in, hope if you did lend the camera, it came back and came back in good shape.
    yeah, did you lent the camera or not???

  13. #113

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    back back..

    i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

    i didn't want to confront her.. so i LL lor..

    i am definitely going to come up with all/some/one of the reasons why i can't lend her for the europe trip. (courtesy of all you guys!! *grins*)

    =(

  14. #114
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    back back..

    i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

    i didn't want to confront her.. so i LL lor..

    i am definitely going to come up with all/some/one of the reasons why i can't lend her for the europe trip. (courtesy of all you guys!! *grins*)

    =(
    You should straight away ask where is the cover? a small cover also can't take care, what about a whole camera?

    Just simply say no, donít have to come out with any excuses, your camera is your camera, she want a camera, go and buy one herself.

    If she doesnít intent to buy one, what make you think she will pay you if she damages your camera?

    Just say: No! Read my lips, No!

  15. #115

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    just say no lah... if she dare to ask why... just ask her about the display cover... i mean if she said sorry regarding it.... think she wouldn't have the cheek to dare to ask for the DSLR again....

  16. #116
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    back back..

    i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

    i didn't want to confront her.. so i LL lor..

    i am definitely going to come up with all/some/one of the reasons why i can't lend her for the europe trip. (courtesy of all you guys!! *grins*)

    =(
    Don't worry, there's plenty of stock for the D70 cover Cheer up!

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    back back..

    i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

    i didn't want to confront her.. so i LL lor..

    i am definitely going to come up with all/some/one of the reasons why i can't lend her for the europe trip. (courtesy of all you guys!! *grins*)

    =(
    Its fortunate u did.

    1 nite only D70 LCD cover missing.
    1 mth and I think u'll be lucky if u can see 1 aperture blade coming back to u.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  18. #118

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    will never lend my cam to anyone.

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    3,157

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    In this situation I suggest you say NO straight. The situation has worked your way to your advantage....by losing the LCD cover, she has already lost your trust....next thing you know...she losses your lens cap and come back with your lens optics full of scratches....just tell her that you feel that she is not responsible enough.....accept no other forms of reasoning from her ........don't wait till its too late then regret....

  20. #120
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: lending of cameras...

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Its fortunate u did.

    1 nite only D70 LCD cover missing.
    1 mth and I think u'll be lucky if u can see 1 aperture blade coming back to u.
    Or worse. Only the camera strap coming back to you?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •