Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: lending of cameras...

Default Re: lending of cameras...

I wouldn't lend my SLR to anyone, family or not. I wouldn't want to run the risk of ruining a relationship if the camera comes back spoilt. Heck, I wouldn't even let my wife touch my camera.

My colleague once lent his camera to his brother-in-law, and the camera came back badly dented (I saw the damage and it wasn't trivial). The bro-in-law just acted blur.

Your cousin recognises that it is not a small investment (otherwise she would have bought her own SLR), so I don't see any reason why you can't refuse her. Remember, it's your camera, so it's your choice.

This is a very sensitive topic..

The thread is building up very fast..

After all it will still depend on you. It take courage to said NO to someone you know.

Hi Ibitemynails, maybe you can beat ard the bush a lil bit....maybe ask her the reason fo wanting the DSLR...most probably she will think that it is a ''pro'' camera, thus it can get better photos.Then you ask her if she know how to utilise the DSLR fully...she will most probably think that got ''auto'' function....so, you tell her that using auto n an SLR got no point at all...might as well use a PnS cam.You can also ask her to try the auto function in the SLR while you use the PnS cam. Then you compare the pics...so you tell her that it is the person behind the camera...she shld be old enough to understand this or she won't ask for the DSLR....if she still refuses....then just tell her straight...compare the DSLR with something that she cherishes alot(etc soft toy)...then ask her if she would lend you the toy to bring out....

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Hi Ibitemynails, maybe you can beat ard the bush a lil bit....maybe ask her the reason fo wanting the DSLR...most probably she will think that it is a ''pro'' camera, thus it can get better photos.Then you ask her if she know how to utilise the DSLR fully...she will most probably think that got ''auto'' function....so, you tell her that using auto n an SLR got no point at all...might as well use a PnS cam.You can also ask her to try the auto function in the SLR while you use the PnS cam. Then you compare the pics...so you tell her that it is the person behind the camera...she shld be old enough to understand this or she won't ask for the DSLR....if she still refuses....then just tell her straight...compare the DSLR with something that she cherishes alot(etc soft toy)...then ask her if she would lend you the toy to bring out....
    skali backfire...

nahhhh...straight to the point better. just say 'no' cos:
    1. you cannot loan her the cam for so long since you need to use
    2. you saved for ages to buy the cam and its too precious to lend it to anyone
    3. (add more reasons here)

and just to show that you are not being selfish, loan her your cute p&s cam

anyway i dont think your cousin will be so immature as to complain to her parents who will then complain to your parents, etc. if she is then just as well you didnt loan her your precious dslr

hmmmm well...
    simple: loan it out to someone else 1st..
    tell that someone else to return by a certain date..
    then let the someone keep past her flight date.

Then: you really wanted to lend her, but your friend screwed you up and didn't return your camera in time for her trip. not your fault, you were just being nice to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen
    hmmmm well...
    simple: loan it out to someone else 1st..
    tell that someone else to return by a certain date..
    then let the someone keep past her flight date.

Then: you really wanted to lend her, but your friend screwed you up and didn't return your camera in time for her trip. not your fault, you were just being nice to everyone.
    Unless you want to play the same trick again and again.

wah lau ehh... this thread still alive har?

ibite, please come back to tell us what happenned ... did you lend the camera to your cousin?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

do u need a 9mm appliance?
    Last edited by 9mm; 31st August 2005 at 12:05 PM.

Just checking in, hope if you did lend the camera, it came back and came back in good shape.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

dun lend lah , i bought my camer with my own money n stuff, its alot of money to me, n i 1 2 take care of it,

my wife 1 2 use it once , but after i lend her to take 1 photo nia , she says : "wa piang , so heavy how to shoot , i 1 2 get my digi cam already "

hahahha , ever since then no 1 bother to ask if i can lend my camera or not,

i guess its the weight n still a film slr that put people off

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Just checking in, hope if you did lend the camera, it came back and came back in good shape.
    yeah, did you lent the camera or not???

back back..

i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

i didn't want to confront her.. so i LL lor..

i am definitely going to come up with all/some/one of the reasons why i can't lend her for the europe trip. (courtesy of all you guys!! *grins*)

=(

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    back back..

i lent her my D70 for a night to try try and it came back with the display cover missing..

i am definitely going to come up with all/some/one of the reasons why i can't lend her for the europe trip. (courtesy of all you guys!! *grins*)

=(
    You should straight away ask where is the cover? a small cover also can't take care, what about a whole camera?

Just simply say no, donít have to come out with any excuses, your camera is your camera, she want a camera, go and buy one herself.

If she doesnít intent to buy one, what make you think she will pay you if she damages your camera?

Just say: No! Read my lips, No!

just say no lah... if she dare to ask why... just ask her about the display cover... i mean if she said sorry regarding it.... think she wouldn't have the cheek to dare to ask for the DSLR again....

Deregistered

back back..

=(
    Don't worry, there's plenty of stock for the D70 cover Cheer up!

back back..

=(
    Its fortunate u did.

1 nite only D70 LCD cover missing.
    1 mth and I think u'll be lucky if u can see 1 aperture blade coming back to u.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

will never lend my cam to anyone.

In this situation I suggest you say NO straight. The situation has worked your way to your advantage....by losing the LCD cover, she has already lost your trust....next thing you know...she losses your lens cap and come back with your lens optics full of scratches....just tell her that you feel that she is not responsible enough.....accept no other forms of reasoning from her ........don't wait till its too late then regret....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Its fortunate u did.

1 nite only D70 LCD cover missing.
    1 mth and I think u'll be lucky if u can see 1 aperture blade coming back to u.
    Or worse. Only the camera strap coming back to you?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast