Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: lending of cameras...

Default Re: lending of cameras...

at least few thousand more slapping of the shutter/mirror assy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    ... when it comes back, if it comes back, it will never be the same again!

The 'ex' must has been added after the incident..

No lah, he was trying too hard to piggyback ride me

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    That's the problem you see.

People tend to use the 'family' word to pull strings and get away with stuff which would have resulted in a murder case for others.

To put it in a nasty word 'Emotional Blackmail'.

If dat's the case, I ought to be shot there and then for telling my aunt that I'm going to charge her $800 for full day wedding photography for my cousin. Both of which I had never seen before in my entire life.
    Maybe I am very jaded with "relatives". I always say, friends I choose, relatives are forced upon me.

Of course, you should charge your aunt and cousin for the shoot. I would have done exactly the same. Would you spend $800 for the wedding present?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Maybe I am very jaded with "relatives". I always say, friends I choose, relatives are forced upon me.

Of course, you should charge your aunt and cousin for the shoot. I would have done exactly the same. Would you spend $800 for the wedding present?
    Sometimes its not that easy... relative might ask your mom or dad to ask you... and if you say no or charge high... it might result to your mom or dad losing face... just an example though.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Sometimes its not that easy... relative might ask your mom or dad to ask you... and if you say no or charge high... it might result to your mom or dad losing face... just an example though.
    Actually, let's use wedding photographer just as an example. Shooting weddings is your lifelihood. If you don't charge, who brings home the "bacon".

How many freebies can you give away. With wedding photographers, there are only so many good days (weekends etc) in a month, a year, where do you draw the line from free loaders?

Maybe it's my up bringing, and my relationship with my parents. What they will do in a similar situation, is to ask the friend/relative to call me directly. They will warm me ahead of time about the call, and I will politely decline to shoot the wedding. Give some excuse. I will then recommend someone to shoot the wedding, and it's up to them to go with my recommendation or not.

Another really overated thing, is loosing face. Most of the time, the party loosing face, got themself into that situation, cannot get out of it, and demand others to bail them out!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    No lah, he was trying too hard to piggyback ride me
    wow, gay friend?

Ahh.... to someone whom I'd never seen in my life, the tagline 'aunt' and 'cousin' doesn't apply to me even though they might be somewhat related to me.

To be honest, u can choose your relatives as well. But dat's me. I only acknowledge my relative's presence like... once a year during Lunar New Year? The remaining 363 days, they are basically... non-existent.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Actually, let's use wedding photographer just as an example. Shooting weddings is your lifelihood. If you don't charge, who brings home the "bacon".

How many freebies can you give away. With wedding photographers, there are only so many good days (weekends etc) in a month, a year, where do you draw the line from free loaders?

Maybe it's my up bringing, and my relationship with my parents. What they will do in a similar situation, is to ask the friend/relative to call me directly. They will warm me ahead of time about the call, and I will politely decline to shoot the wedding. Give some excuse. I will then recommend someone to shoot the wedding, and it's up to them to go with my recommendation or not.

Another really overated thing, is loosing face. Most of the time, the party loosing face, got themself into that situation, cannot get out of it, and demand others to bail them out!
    The 'face' thing is the asian word for the English equivalent of 'ego'.

Its kinda like being showy and comparing who has got the highest standing amongst their own peers. One of those silly competitions that has a starting point but no ending point (yes, even in death. When u compete to see who has the grandest funeral).

I can't be bothered. I'm just.... me.

wow, we really have tangent off to a completely different topic. Back to the OP.
    I will NEVER lend my camera to a newbie who is going to take it on holiday to Europe. Face or no face. Of course, I will reluctantly do it if a deposit equals to the replacement value of the camera, and I will give the $ back after the camera goes to the service center for a depot level overall checkup.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

I can imagine... a $15K deposit for a 1DsMkII rental.
    Ok, maybe that's crazy.

How abt a $5K deposit for a 5D?

P/S: Off-tangent topics ain't far with me around.

An ex friend of mine borrowed a mint Minolta9000, and returned it with crack LCD + numerous scratches and dents.
    She or he might have slept with it.

Some people just like to bite and scratch to leave love marks behind.

wow, gay friend?
    Wah, you 'boh tak chey' 1 kah? like that also can........I was trying to be nice about the leech or this ex friend lor. Din know it is a gay term liao
    Piggyback ride often used by my circle of friends as "achieved financial gains without having to do/give anything".

She or he might have slept with it.

Some people just like to bite and scratch to leave love marks behind.

I wouldn't have a clue.....you 'curry chicken' your cameras and lenses one meh?

I wouldn't have a clue.....you 'curry chicken' your cameras and lenses one meh?
    Send your camera to the lab for a DNA test.

send your camera for CCD cleaning. and tell her cannot lend as it is in service centre

Send your camera to the lab for a DNA test.

No need liao....the last I heard about the 'one' biting my camera?

Haunted by a long list of creditors
    Hope his teeth is still solid enough for another camera

No need liao....the last I heard about the 'one' biting my camera?

Haunted by a long list of creditors
    Hope his teeth is still solid enough for another camera
    no offence but maybe u wanna consider my camera rental service, give u referal fees ha!ha!

no offence but maybe u wanna consider my camera rental service, give u referal fees ha!ha!

Errrr....dunno about you. But you have my sympathy based on tat nasty encounter of mine

Hi ibitemynails,

Your heart already say ďnoĒ, just fellow your heart.

Your cousin, and her family know nothing about what your camera means to you. Maybe your own parent also the same.

Just simply tell them, the camera is very precious to you, and with lots of sentimental value with it, now you already canít sleep well at night, canít imagine how if your camera will part with you.

No one can force you to lent out your camera, even it is your own parent.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Just simply tell them, the camera is very precious to you, and with lots of sentimental value with it, now you already canít sleep well at night, canít imagine how if your camera will part with you.
    You make it sound like true love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    You make it sound like true love.
    Why not?

Ain't we fall in love with our camera/s.....? one way or another?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast