Thread: Survey: your comments are needed for my photo gallery

Lightbulb Survey: your comments are needed for my photo gallery

Dear friends,

This is one month after I launched my photo gallery. So far got 50 visitors/day in average. I would like to make it better before releasing it to the public elsewhere. Would greatly appreciate your opinions on anything I should improve in the terms of design/navigation etc. Also like to know the speed from both Singapore and International accesses. thx a lot

Meanwhile, my best appreciation to openlens for hosting my site!

Regards,
    Tom

hihi!
    didn't really like ur title pic, looks like a ad banner.
    maybe can have thumbnails, in case no broadband.
    that's ALL!
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx
    hihi!
    didn't really like ur title pic, looks like a ad banner.
    maybe can have thumbnails, in case no broadband.
    that's ALL!
    thx man! But I am poor in design. Anyone out there can help me design a better one?

xie xie
    Tom

Default RE: Your Site My Comment

Hi,

I think the layout of your website is rather neat, by using frames I believe, so that viewers know where to go and how to come back which is good.

I have some comments which you may want to consider to improve your site:

[1] I saw you try to put many pictures (under the Landscape category as an example) into one single page. This will 'force' the viewer to 'throw the dice' by selectively click on some but NOT ALL of your pictures.

It's distracting to see so many pictures in one page and mentally challenging for viewer like me I suggest that you provide another link for page 2, 3 or even 4.... to include all your pictures

[2] With some relation to comment [1], you may find that you would need many pages to include ALL your pictures. This brings me to my next suggestion which is NOT to include TOO MANY pictures of similar shots like your birds, animals, buildings etc ....

Put just 1 or 2 of the very best shots and ruthlessly discard the other repetitives... I think people will appreciate more when they see something good in a single shot as it could 'mean' you don't get to take this shots easily, hence something to cherish even more....

To me, a good picture is a picture that other people, or even yourself, cannot replicate the next day, month or even year.

Taipei, Taiwan/ Los Angeles, California. U.S.A.

Default Re: Survey: your comments are needed for my photo gallery

Originally posted by tomshen
    Dear friends,

This is one month after I launched my photo gallery. So far got 50 visitors/day in average. I would like to make it better before releasing it to the public elsewhere. Would greatly appreciate your opinions on anything I should improve in the terms of design/navigation etc. Also like to know the speed from both Singapore and International accesses. thx a lot

Regards,
    Tom
    No prob

Access speed in Taiwan (verified by me), Honolulu (my sis), Los Angeles (my mom and a few friends), and Cleveland (my step bro) is pretty consistant and quick except during peak hours.

Bedpan
    Guests

Default Re: Survey: your comments are needed for my photo gallery

Personally I think this tread should be deleted.. Frustrates me to goto this type of website "Please look at my site/pictures and tell me what you think" to have ad's, and pop-ups.. Although you may have good intentions, you may also just be trying to drive up your hit counter...

Mike

Originally posted by tomshen
    Dear friends,

Regards,
    Tom

Taipei, Taiwan/ Los Angeles, California. U.S.A.

Default Re: Re: Survey: your comments are needed for my photo gallery

Originally posted by Bedpan
    Personally I think this tread should be deleted.. Frustrates me to goto this type of website "Please look at my site/pictures and tell me what you think" to have ad's, and pop-ups.. Although you may have good intentions, you may also just be trying to drive up your hit counter...

Mike

The pop-up is from Tom's URL forwarding service (yeah.net) and not openlens.com. I only asked that he place a small button on his site linking to OpenLens Media Hosting since I am hosting his site. If you want to skip yeah.net's popup, go directly to tom's site at http://www.openlens.com/~tomshen/

Bedpan
    Guests

Default Re: Re: Re: Survey: your comments are needed for my photo gallery

ok... Being that the pop was not in English I did not spend a lot of time reading it ;-)

Originally posted by OpenLens

The pop-up is from Tom's URL forwarding service (yeah.net) and not openlens.com. I only asked that he place a small button on his site linking to OpenLens Media Hosting since I am hosting his site. If you want to skip yeah.net's popup, go directly to tom's site at http://www.openlens.com/~tomshen/

Confirm: thx all for your input! I will consider your comments and see if i can do something later.

hey dude! u went home after the 8pm sparks??
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx
    hey dude! u went home after the 8pm sparks??
    nope! I was there - watching u guys