Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Thread: tail gate

  1. #41

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    He said that he will only do that if the motorcycle is tailgating. if you're not such a tailgating biker, you should have nothing to fear. Or the reason why you're reacting thsi way is because....
    Quote Originally Posted by protrek
    because of wad ?

    SAFETY COMES 1ST!

    u mean a driver has every right to endanger the life of bikers who tailgate?

    another smart alec
    Precisely.... If others do you wrong, can you do others wrong too?

  2. #42

    Default Re: tail gate

    Regardless of the reasons, late for work/appointment etc its best not to speed. Being a few minutes late is of little consequence, compared to getting yourself or others injured/killed. Just saw this link from one of the motoring forums about an accident on the NS highway in which 2 young girls were killed after the car their friend was driving rammed into a bus.

    WARNING: Gory pics

    http://paultan.org/archives/2005/10/02/gory-car-crash/

  3. #43

    Default Re: tail gate

    I was planning to a similar thread (though not tail-gating) when I chanced upon this.

    I was on SLE turing into the exit to TPE when this cement truck comes very fast from behind with his high beam on and horning at us (all the vehicles on the road) to give way to him. He managed to cut into my lane in a dangerous was and I flash my high beam briefly at him as a form of warning.

    But guess what? He turned on his rear spot lights (2 of them) and shine back at me!

    I am wondering if there's any way we can report of such a dangerous driver?

  4. #44

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    b. The easiest and a safer drive is to leave a lot early and drive relaxed at the slow lane.
    I agreed with you on this and have been doing that. It's really relaxing

  5. #45

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by ccplim
    I was planning to a similar thread (though not tail-gating) when I chanced upon this.

    I was on SLE turing into the exit to TPE when this cement truck comes very fast from behind with his high beam on and horning at us (all the vehicles on the road) to give way to him. He managed to cut into my lane in a dangerous was and I flash my high beam briefly at him as a form of warning.

    But guess what? He turned on his rear spot lights (2 of them) and shine back at me!

    I am wondering if there's any way we can report of such a dangerous driver?
    of course you can. write to the concrete supply company, stating the details of the incident, and copy your letter to the traffic police.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by ccplim
    I was planning to a similar thread (though not tail-gating) when I chanced upon this.

    I was on SLE turing into the exit to TPE when this cement truck comes very fast from behind with his high beam on and horning at us (all the vehicles on the road) to give way to him. He managed to cut into my lane in a dangerous was and I flash my high beam briefly at him as a form of warning.

    But guess what? He turned on his rear spot lights (2 of them) and shine back at me!

    I am wondering if there's any way we can report of such a dangerous driver?
    i have it before, with those container trucks... u can race with them at tuas if u wan, and not 1 but a group of them will follow...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #47
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: tail gate

    I still waiting 2.5 months for a reply from the traffic police from my last letter to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    of course you can. write to the concrete supply company, stating the details of the incident, and copy your letter to the traffic police.

  8. #48
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: tail gate

    I'm just questioning the behind the reaction. Like I said, if you are not guilty of doing the deed, you'd have nothing to fear as you will not be in that situation.

    Please don't put words in my mouth if you can't comprehend what I'm saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by protrek
    because of wad ?

    SAFETY COMES 1ST!

    u mean a driver has every right to endanger the life of bikers who tailgate?

    another smart alec

  9. #49

    Default Re: tail gate

    Well they won't reply I guess, I've send an email to them regarding M'sia coaches travelling at 90 to 100kph at AYE towards M'sia tailgating every cars, bikes or lorry. Their bloody turbulance even cars can feel it.

  10. #50

    Default Re: tail gate

    This led me to another incident, I've seen alot of cars travelling at 70 to 80kph at lane 2(aka center lane) on express way, when cars approach them they don't high beam or what ever, but how come everytime I travel at 80 to 85kph at center lane(biker) taxi or some cars will speed hell fast and flash at me(center lane). If 1st lane is occupy by car overtaking at speed of 90 to 100, can't he juz stay there instead of flashing those riders? Quite discriminating riders isn't it?

  11. #51

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I still waiting 2.5 months for a reply from the traffic police from my last letter to them.
    then send the traffic police another letter chasing them for a reply, and copy your letter to the commissioner of police.

  12. #52

    Default Re: tail gate

    If you really wan to take actions, I guess u should go do to ubi traffic police HQ.

  13. #53

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADMETAL
    Well they won't reply I guess, I've send an email to them regarding M'sia coaches travelling at 90 to 100kph at AYE towards M'sia tailgating every cars, bikes or lorry. Their bloody turbulance even cars can feel it.
    they may not reply, but they will certainly have to do something about it. ensuring road safety is their duty, as well as the responsibility of all road users.

  14. #54
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: tail gate

    I just sent a reminder to the investigating officer after being reminded by this thread.

    Next step will be to Commissioner, and after that, to PSD PM Office. Last time I had this problem with HDB, an email to the PSD PM Office worked like a charm

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    then send the traffic police another letter chasing them for a reply, and copy your letter to the commissioner of police.

  15. #55

    Default Re: tail gate

    I really hope so, but I've send the mail 1 or 2 mths ago and the M'sia bus are still speeding like hell...

  16. #56

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADMETAL
    If you really wan to take actions, I guess u should go do to ubi traffic police HQ.
    if you really want action to be taken, just direct your letters to the appropriate channels, in the following order;

    1. traffic police
    2. commissioner of police
    3. minister of home affairs
    4. prime minister's office.

    so, if you do not hear from the TP, go to step 2, and so on. by the time a minister sees your letter, you will be guaranteed action.

  17. #57

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I just sent a reminder to the investigating officer after being reminded by this thread.

    Next step will be to Commissioner, and after that, to PSD PM Office. Last time I had this problem with HDB, an email to the PSD PM Office worked like a charm
    yep...this is the best method.

  18. #58

    Default Re: tail gate

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADMETAL
    I really hope so, but I've send the mail 1 or 2 mths ago and the M'sia bus are still speeding like hell...
    time for you to mail your complaint/feedback to the next level.
    Last edited by zaren; 10th October 2005 at 05:37 PM.

  19. #59

    Default Re: tail gate

    Don't wanna OT here, anyone have any experience on center lane being flash like hell?

  20. #60
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: tail gate

    One good way to deal with unjustified flashing is to simply tap brakes a few times to reverse flash back :P Or just go slower

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADMETAL
    Don't wanna OT here, anyone have any experience on center lane being flash like hell?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •