Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tail gate

Default Re: tail gate

Oh, in case there are any doubts... I am talking about driving on the highway.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    I like to drive along Msian highway too. Whenever they see a fast moving car approaching, they siam to one lane and let the faster car overtake. Over here, hardly anyone does. Perhaps our highways our too crowded and no way to siam.

Mercedes drivers are the worst lot I have come across. Tailgate or no tailgate they think they own the road. So far the Beng Bosses who drives merc are the worst culprit.

If any of our fellow CS members drive merc, hope u dont fall into this typical group.
    Don't want to generalise type of drivers but I tend to agree. But the most causes of these are impatience, be it Taxi Drivers, Mercedes owners... Everyone is in a rush rush mode.

That's why I go to work after 10am and leave for home before 5pm, no traffic and takes me little time on the road and don't pay garmen a single cent.

Even lunch time go for lunch at 11:40am no one hogging the lift and zero tissues on tables and seats, get first selection of hot food. So if you can away by changing the system, then do it... take control.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    If it's a car or SUV tailgating me, I like to turn on my windshield washer. Usually the water spray will end up on his windshield and they are forced to clean their windshield too. They usually fall back a bit. If they come closer, I just repeat myself. Works great, especially on motorcycles and open top convertibles.

Another thing to do is to tap your brake pedal lightly while stepping on the gas. Tap enough so your brake light comes on but you are not actually slowing down. They'd pull back too, very effective method.

Thirdly, you can just take your foot off the accelerator and let your car slow down, annoys the heck out of anyone behind you.

Another method is to turn on your signal, make like you're signalling to get to the slower lane but remain where you are. Damn annoying too.

Of course errant tailgaters will react by pulling closer or flashing their high beams at you. They'd tire easily and be on their way...
    Wow

these are worse than tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by jesser
    Hi, for those who drive, what do you all do when those big vehicles tail gate you? I drive a liteace and can get very sick of those drivers with their huge monster and follow you so near that they will just simply 'kiss' your back if happen you press your brake. what i practice is the nearer they get to me....the slower i go....
    I used to drive a van too and can't go pass the speed limit while trucks drivers tried to intimidate the small vans/goods vehicles to go faster by tailgating us.
    What I did was to let my speed slow down, lower my window and wave them to pass.
    Wave them to pass and no other hand gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by burger
    why not just let the buggers go past
    bro jesser is driving a liteace as mentioned.
    let the bugger go past, how?

r u asking jesser to drive on the road shoulder?

i don't mind tailgater as long as they don't flash me,
    would simply move left(me ride bike and usually on the inner most lane)
    n let him pass.
    but if they should high beam me,
    will let them pass n move back at a safe distance behind them,
    AND HIGH BEAM THEM ALL THE WAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Every coin has 2 side. Just like someone mentioned, before you get pissed with the big vehicles behind, probably take a look if you are hogging the road.

This is 1 thing I like about driving on Malaysia Highway. You hardly see any tail gate business there, or beep-beep horn, everyone seems to be very "automatic" when any vehicles come near behind.
    usually i get tailgated and high beam when traveling on the inner most lane.
    speed = don't want to self-incriminate, but not slow AT ALL

so, in this instance, doubt there are 2 sides.
    basta*rds who r used to flashing would flash regardless,
    gentlemen would simply overtake, hopefully from the right.

Why must think so much. The car can reach your 'back side' mean it's travel faster than you just move to the other lane la. In malaysia 180km/h also got people over take or become tailgate if i don't move aside.

A lot of drivers forgot that Singapore has a rule that states keep left unless overtaking. There are signs along expressway and major roads that actually says that.

Tailgaters are dangerous, road hoggers are dangerous, speeding drivers are dangerous, slow drivers are dangerous, any drivers can be dangerous if they don't practise safe and gracious driving.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    usually i get tailgated and high beam when traveling on the inner most lane.
    speed = don't want to self-incriminate, but not slow AT ALL

so, in this instance, doubt there are 2 sides.
    basta*rds who r used to flashing would flash regardless,
    gentlemen would simply overtake, hopefully from the right.
    what your speed? not slow AT ALL maybe very slow to other, some lorry driver can speed up to 100km/h.

For those who drive below 80km/h in highway i really hope they go fly kite and drive bicycle.

hmmmm.....at certain speeds tt u are driving at... i tink its not possible for large veh to tailgate u hahaha....

hehhe~ i like the 'tap bakes' method... why not wire a button so u can press with ur fingers then ur brake light turns on :P muahaha
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    Don't be smart alec.

I am for sure, conclude you are one such driver who will or maybe ever cause motorbikers to have accident. Use your brain man! The water you spray whether with windows cleaner chemical or not will cause a biker to have irritation should the water splashed into their eyes. Imagine if the helmet visor if lifted up or no visor what happened to the eyes and how will he/she reacty unprepared or due to irritation? Come and let me splash some water in your eyes and you will know!
    You do defensive driving but please protect the road user who are totally exposed without windscreen.

Ya, I drive and ride so I am not against driver only. So please think carefully next time if you are doing it again and make the road be a safer place.
    True...very inconsiderate action....Rule #1 -> Safety First
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    hmmmm.....at certain speeds tt u are driving at... i tink its not possible for large veh to tailgate u hahaha....
    of cos at certain speed you can avoid large monsters tailgate problems.......but van drivers can only travel at an average speed of 80km/h on x-press way. by right speed limit is at 70km/h.......unable to go beyond that or else will definitely invites uncle sam.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    hehhe~ i like the 'tap bakes' method... why not wire a button so u can press with ur fingers then ur brake light turns on :P muahaha
    What about adding in a LED light that flashes "STOP TAILGATING" at the rear of your car whenever you press a button?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by jesser
    of cos at certain speed you can avoid large monsters tailgate problems.......but van drivers can only travel at an average speed of 80km/h on x-press way. by right speed limit is at 70km/h.......unable to go beyond that or else will definitely invites uncle sam.
    I've seen trailers travelling at >60kmh on the 2nd lane before... very irritating
    eat. drink. shoot

vince123123
    Guests

He said that he will only do that if the motorcycle is tailgating. if you're not such a tailgating biker, you should have nothing to fear. Or the reason why you're reacting thsi way is because....

Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    Don't be smart alec.

I am for sure, conclude you are one such driver who will or maybe ever cause motorbikers to have accident. Use your brain man! The water you spray whether with windows cleaner chemical or not will cause a biker to have irritation should the water splashed into their eyes. Imagine if the helmet visor if lifted up or no visor what happened to the eyes and how will he/she reacty unprepared or due to irritation? Come and let me splash some water in your eyes and you will know!
    You do defensive driving but please protect the road user who are totally exposed without windscreen.

Ya, I drive and ride so I am not against driver only. So please think carefully next time if you are doing it again and make the road be a safer place.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    A lot of drivers forgot that Singapore has a rule that states keep left unless overtaking. There are signs along expressway and major roads that actually says that.

Tailgaters are dangerous, road hoggers are dangerous, speeding drivers are dangerous, slow drivers are dangerous, any drivers can be dangerous if they don't practise safe and gracious driving.
    I agree with kelccm. The road is not a race track. Rather, treat it like a ballroom dance hall.

a. IMHO, the most dangerous category of drivers are those who do not have enough sleep or under the influence of alcohol.
    b. The easiest and a safer drive is to leave a lot early and drive relaxed at the slow lane.

It is not driving skills that counts. Controlling our Attitude is the more difficult and important discipline to master.

After many years of driving, I realised that inconsiderate highbeaming, roadhogging, retaliation driving, speeding and what-nots are really foolish acts. I was there, done all that and loved the adrenalin rush too.
    Respect for life and other road users are important practices. Only then, real safe driving habits can be formed.
    Do be reminded of the taxidriver who was reported to have smiled after motorcyclist was killed. He is a skillful driver and old bird, but he used it go get a young fella killed. A car can easily be turned into be a weapon. Some people love to drive a 'weapon' and not a vehicle. They think they are masked and protected. Watch carefully for their signs - you can spot them easily and keep a distance. 'Educating' them on the road is foolishness too. You can feel their crazy mind as they drive - thinking they are the world best, fastest and most skillful driver, as they zip, zag, beam and tail the rest of world.
    Last edited by tOGGY; 28th August 2005 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    what your speed? not slow AT ALL maybe very slow to other, some lorry driver can speed up to 100km/h.

For those who drive below 80km/h in highway i really hope they go fly kite and drive bicycle.
    lets not mention actual speed, ok?
    but it took me less than 20 mins to travel from
    bukit batok(the dew) to orchard delfi.
    fast enough?

100km/h

the worst is drivers who have their high beams on or their lights are not aim rightly.

seriously worst drivers EVER

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    He said that he will only do that if the motorcycle is tailgating. if you're not such a tailgating biker, you should have nothing to fear. Or the reason why you're reacting thsi way is because....
    because of wad ?

SAFETY COMES 1ST!

u mean a driver has every right to endanger the life of bikers who tailgate?

another smart alec

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast