Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "MARRIAGE? laws are A RAW DEAL FOR MEN"

Default Re: "MARRIAGE? laws are A RAW DEAL FOR MEN"

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    So, let's say hypothetically, that there is one woman out to abuse the system....

Marries at 22 to some rich dude... have a kid... divorce at 27 (<- about 1/2 below 40 so mkt value retains... assume pretty so retains even more,... ). Then for the rest of her life, she gets paid!!!!

And now I am reading young gals selling their vaginity.... (their justification is that "Hey! If I am gonna lose it to some guy who will walk out on me... might as well earn some money!") sorrry pal... welcome to the real world... it aint the same as your ole grandma dayz.....

Times are a changin!

Just my 1/3 f-stop...

i know some gals are ridiculously materialistic, i know one too many. there're the black sheeps among us ,i guess. cant use one bamboo use all wor ..

but for me, me fat & ugly, wont get the chance to have this
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

aiya, look at things tis way. if some1 organize a pretty female model 2 shoot guys will SURE PAY, if some1 organizes a hunk model shoot will gals pay?

even if some gals dun mind paying. d ratio of guys paying a pretty female model will b far higher den d other way round!!

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    well.. if you look at it from a finance pt of view, perhaps the woman does 'benefit' IF there's divorce. thing is, if you have the mindset to divorce, why even get married in the 1st place? isnt marriage for life ?

however if one look from a woman's pt of view.. after divorce ...guess what? who's 'market value' drops more? a 40 year olds guy or a 40 years old woman? ever wonder how we women suffered monthly for the pms, menstrual cramp, endured 10 mths to give birth, menopause and not forgetting more complications at different stage of life.

sg women are quite pai mia. our grandmothers and mothers mostly stayed at home, sg women have to go out to work, juggle housework, look after kids and keep husbands happy

think again, if you think guys are on the losing end, as to why there's a Women Chapter to protect us lor.

marriage isnt about romance, it's about commitment & responsibilities. i heard it's becos you owed each other in your previous lives, it's about paying back the debts this life time.

wahhhh i wrote so much
    I beg to differ. Not from your examples. But your perspective. Everyone will want the otherside to understand your perspective and constraints. Women say men don't understand, men say women don't understand yadda yadda. True communication and progress for both gender only happens when people makes decisions after understanding the other perspective. i.e. Men try to understand women (NOT make woman understand men) and women try to understand men (NOT try to make men understand women).

COnfusing? actually easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    aiya, look at things tis way. if some1 organize a pretty female model 2 shoot guys will SURE PAY, if some1 organizes a hunk model shoot will gals pay?

even if some gals dun mind paying. d ratio of guys paying a pretty female model will b far higher den d other way round!!
    But!!!! Women will pay if its a hunky male striptease.....

Just my 1/3 f-stop...

Quote Originally Posted by shinken
    I beg to differ. Not from your examples. But your perspective. Everyone will want the otherside to understand your perspective and constraints. Women say men don't understand, men say women don't understand yadda yadda. True communication and progress for both gender only happens when people makes decisions after understanding the other perspective. i.e. Men try to understand women (NOT make woman understand men) and women try to understand men (NOT try to make men understand women).

COnfusing? actually easy to understand.
    all starting to bombard me le. am i the only woman replying

it's always like that, we always assume that the other party would change but end up, it's either the woman changes herself to suit the guy, or the guy just keeps enduring the woman's nagging. he shuts off, she nags. he hopes she shuts up, she nags more hopefully to get her pts across. i for one go away when there're arguments. reason? never ending one.

that's why they always say, open both eyes before marriage, close BOTH eyes after marriage - edited version, should be close one eye after marriage
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

however if one look from a woman's pt of view.. after divorce ...guess what? who's 'market value' drops more? a 40 year olds guy or a 40 years old woman? ever wonder how we women suffered monthly for the pms, menstrual cramp, endured 10 mths to give birth, menopause and not forgetting more complications at different stage of life.

sg women are quite pai mia. our grandmothers and mothers mostly stayed at home, sg women have to go out to work, juggle housework, look after kids and keep husbands happy
    Your assumption are basied on the if the female gives birth. There many childless couples now a days. Ladies can simply choose to live life without the burdon of having a kid.
    Last edited by Hommie; 26th August 2005 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Your assumption are basied on the if the female gives birth. There many childless couples now a days. Ladies can simply choose to live life without the burdon of having a kid.
    my assumption was also on the basis that guys do their duties too.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

my assumption was also on the basis that guys do their duties too.
    duties?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    duties?
    ever wondered why they always say women should fulfil their duties as a wife, but i never heard of people saying, men should fulfill their duties as a huband
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

ever wondered why they always say women should fulfil their duties as a wife, but i never heard of people saying, men should fulfill their duties as a huband
    hmm tats true, but i thought man have been laid not just a duty, but a set of law to make sure that they conform to the stringent 'manhood' law.. its definitely not applicable to gays & ah guas.. imagine since young we have to stand up & pee instead you gals relax & sit down... thats the turning point... gals does not have the duty to provide for the family, man are being slapped with the law to provide for the family... u ever see a group of kids, maybe 1 girl & 1 boy fall down, den the parents will say, boy cannot cry, u next time man, must take care of the family, so u cannot cry... den whereas, the girl cry, the parents still sayang them, orr pain pain hor, ok daddy mommy sayang... ahhh guu guu...

so u think who more jia lat leh? woman can live on man, man cannot live on woman, even if both agree, the society does not, and the society is a powerful weapon of mass destruction..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

well if anyone is STILL gonna get married, i shoot weddings, call me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    well if anyone is STILL gonna get married, i shoot weddings, call me!!!
    the wedding spoiler... ...

DUN SHOOT... HELP ME!!! (extract from Virtua Cop)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang
    All I can say guys, if i ever became the PM of Singapore, I'd abolish the women's charter and draft women but put in laws that helps encourage equlity for BOTH men and women. You might not have to worry about the women's charter till you divorce, however, it's the principal of the matter. Just because you're not affected by racists or sexcists laws doesn't make it ok for those laws to be in place.
    Erm. Women's Charter are international, they've a group of people working on it and coming up with new better 'laws' and also to educate women to let them know their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Erm. Women's Charter are international, they've a group of people working on it and coming up with new better 'laws' and also to educate women to let them know their rights.
    Den 6 years later vote me for the youngest president of the world... i'll appoint a minister to be in charge of the Man's Charter...

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    Then you have to ask women to grow a prick and have equivalent muscle and strength to fight for themselves so that they are not abused by their violent husbands.

There is no such thing as fair. Fair is from which point of view you are looking from.

../azul123
    All I can say is, let's not confuse fairness with equality. Two very different issues all together. They're are as similar as ethics and law.

So troublesome, might as well just dont get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    But!!!! Women will pay if its a hunky male striptease.....

Just my 1/3 f-stop...
    You seems to know the opposite gender pretty well eh?

I am not sexist. I repect the opposite gender for the role they play. Sometimes I hate to see it this way, its like some kinda retribution to the males. In the older days, the men brings back the bread, they have greater influence over the family to a certain extend down playing the women's role. Seems like we are getting our just dessert now.

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang
    All I can say is, let's not confuse fairness with equality. Two very different issues all together. They're are as similar as ethics and law.
    I am not picking on you just challenging thoughts only... there can never be true equality, someone will always feel short-changed and someone will always try to exploit that's human nature, the strong will prevail.

../azul123

ho lah ho lah.. i give up
    DONT get married, guys
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    You seems to know the opposite gender pretty well eh?

I am not sexist. I repect the opposite gender for the role they play. Sometimes I hate to see it this way, its like some kinda retribution to the males. In the older days, the men brings back the bread, they have greater influence over the family to a certain extend down playing the women's role. Seems like we are getting our just dessert now.
    Hahahaha! Quite true... we are paying for it in our lifetime... sigh....
    So... when you wanna go for some desserts!?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast