Thread: Which DSLR camera should I get

Default Which DSLR camera should I get

thinking of getting a DSLR camera.
    will be using it mainly for shooting scenery during travel.
    have been using a panasonic fz35 zoom for 3 years.
    should I get canon 700D or even 70D?

Default Re: Which DSLR camera should I get

For travels, I would actually recommend the mirrorless models e.g. E-M10. Lightweight and not lacking in features.
    If changing lens is too much of hassle, there are some prosumer cameras that you can consider. e.g. the recent LX100, Sony RX100, Canon GX7
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Depends on budget, can consider Sony fullframe mirrorless, A7 v2, or A7 v1 which is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by daylight View Post
    thinking of getting a DSLR camera.
    will be using it mainly for shooting scenery during travel.
    have been using a panasonic fz35 zoom for 3 years.
    should I get canon 700D or even 70D?
    What is the main criteria that you are looking for in your camera, other than using it for scenery shots during travel... which can be achieved by any cameras (eg. weight, ergonomic, lens changing, weather seal, budget, etc, etc.)

Are you bend on getting Canon only? Or other brands of cameras could also appeal to you? If you are only looking at Canon, I would suggest the 100D, because it is small, it is light and it produce excellent image quality (I believe it is a 650D/ 700D in a smaller package). If you are okay with other brands of camera, you can take a look at Sony's A6000 which is going off at quite a great value, and is small and light, had excellent and fast AF, etc. Or you could check out the Olympus EM5 or EM10 (the EM5 is going off at an excellent price since it had reached its End of Line status, pairing up with the incredible 12-40mm f2.8 lens, you should be able to achieve incredible shots (IQ wise only).)
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

If DSLR type is a must get, I would recommend
    Canon EOS 70D or Nikon D7100
    Canon EOS 700D or Nikon D5300.

If DSLR is not a must get, I would recommend Mirrorless:
    Olympus EM10 or Panasonic GH3
    Fujiflim X-T1 or Sony a6000.

Have fun travelling!

IMHO, mirrorless is more ideal for travel, DSLR is too bulky. Sony A6000 is great APSC mirrorless to consider.
    It is an illusion that photos are made with camera...they are made with eye, heart and head - HCB