Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Light
    Hi,

    If you feel that's not clear enough about the contents of this workshop, pls visit our studio, and we'll happy to provide you superb clear info & contents about this workshop. Send me a PM to get our address. Wish to hear from you soon.

    Thank you.

    Hey dude, as an organiser in and out of this forum, I would like to offer you my 3 cents worth.

    I cant help but noticed that you kept asking them to visit your studio.... In fact, you sounded evasive whenever they asked more about your workshop/ shoot. Honestly, what's there to 'hide' ? Some of them may not have time to drop by your studio or even choose not to visit your studio for whatever reasons. It's their call - you cant compel them

    Remember ...You are the who needs participants here. If you continue to ask for PM, you are not going to achieve much. Logically, you will reach out to a larger group of CSers by just posting more info here. I remembered one even asked for credentials of your instructor(s). I mean why not ? They need to know or have the right to know. Just answer their queries ..you have more to gain by doing that

    There is one thing CSers like about this forum...that is transparency.... if you cant even offer this, I dun think you will get good response for anything you intend to offer in future. Pls dun sound like one of those time-sharing fellas and start pushing other courses / workshops to our CSers here if they turn up at your studio. It will be a total put-off.


    Good Luck !

  2. #22

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Hi,

    Your session looks interesting... quite new to photography... hahaha so pardon my questions...
    May I know if we will get to use studio lights?
    Do I need to have DSLR with that flash connector?
    What lens to bring? Kit lens can anot??
    Will I get quality close to magazine? ANy samples?

    Thanks. Coz I got limited cash to spend....
    Money no enough.... Thanks a lot.

    Waiting for your quick reply...
    Hi,

    Firstly, Single-lighting is not a new lighting in photography, let me share with you a simple example, if you are using an external flash head on your camera, that's consider a single-lighting also!

    Second, your reply in red text

    May I know if we will get to use studio lights?Do I need to have DSLR with that flash connector?
    You're not necessary to have DSLR if you are not a DSLR user and don't forget Analog Camera(film) is the pioneer of DSLR. Analog camera also welcome. We'll provide you a sync cord or IR during the shoot.

    What lens to bring? Kit lens can anot??
    Portrait lens 85mm or 135mm, alternative zoom lenses 24-85(analog camera) 17-85mm(dslr
    )


    ANy samples?
    Please visit our studio, Kindly send me PM to get our address. We are most welcome!

    Will I get quality close to magazine?
    There is many elements involve. Therefore, you should visit us to view our portfolio and find out whether up to your expectation?

    Thanks. Coz I got limited cash to spend....
    Money no enough.... Thanks a lot.
    We do not have commend on this!

  3. #23

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Are your photos - I assume it's one person I am writing to an not a multitude - the "we" you were using has me wondering, linked to the ad representative of your single light setup ? Or are were they to show case who is the model.

    By now you would have gotten advice on transparency and being more open. I think you may get more milage that way too.

    Your single light setup sort of reminds me of the make over studios with a large octagram softbox, or other single light setups used in that industry.

    Errr was doing some maths - 6 people x half hour is 3 hours which means either you are explaining as the people are shooting or you are talking about a longer workshop time. Since it's one model - there is also a down time for clothing change and makeup change or touch up - I assume there is going to be a change in clothing and makeup for the second set. May be good to let participants know how much time to give to you.

    G'd hunting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Light
    This session will be focusing on differentiating the 2 types of single-lighting set-ups, demo and also including the techniques used and primary knowledge.

    Each photographer will have duration of 15 minutes to do a 1 to 1 practical session with the Model.

    Theme : Single-lighting Portrait
    Date : 4 Sept 2005
    Duration : 1800 to 2100 hrs
    Location : Bugis(exact address to be revealed upon payment)
    Max. slot : 6 Potential Photographers
    Attire : Casual & Bikini top
    Fee :$ 85
    Model will be in fully make-up & hairdo

    Model:
    1st Runner-up of Auto Babe S’pore 05 Anastasia Toh


    Participants
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6

    Interested participants pls send me PM with your contact no.

    Thank you.

  4. #24

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    Hey dude, as an organiser in and out of this forum, I would like to offer you my 3 cents worth.

    I cant help but noticed that you kept asking them to visit your studio.... In fact, you sounded evasive whenever they asked more about your workshop/ shoot. Honestly, what's there to 'hide' ? Some of them may not have time to drop by your studio or even choose not to visit your studio for whatever reasons. It's their call - you cant compel them

    Remember ...You are the who needs participants here. If you continue to ask for PM, you are not going to achieve much. Logically, you will reach out to a larger group of CSers by just posting more info here. I remembered one even asked for credentials of your instructor(s). I mean why not ? They need to know or have the right to know. Just answer their queries ..you have more to gain by doing that

    There is one thing CSers like about this forum...that is transparency.... if you cant even offer this, I dun think you will get good response for anything you intend to offer in future. Pls dun sound like one of those time-sharing fellas and start pushing other courses / workshops to our CSers here if they turn up at your studio. It will be a total put-off.


    Good Luck !
    Hi,

    Your feedback is important to us.

    We believe if a sincere participant they're willing to spare a precious time to visit us, because certain things should see from your own eye then a thousand words, do you agree? Spare your precious time too, visit us and find out more from our organisation at 251A victoria street, bugis village look for Mr Chung, we wish to meet you.

    Thank you.

  5. #25

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by ellery
    Are your photos - I assume it's one person I am writing to an not a multitude - the "we" you were using has me wondering, linked to the ad representative of your single light setup ? Or are were they to show case who is the model.

    By now you would have gotten advice on transparency and being more open. I think you may get more milage that way too.

    Your single light setup sort of reminds me of the make over studios with a large octagram softbox, or other single light setups used in that industry.

    Errr was doing some maths - 6 people x half hour is 3 hours which means either you are explaining as the people are shooting or you are talking about a longer workshop time. Since it's one model - there is also a down time for clothing change and makeup change or touch up - I assume there is going to be a change in clothing and makeup for the second set. May be good to let participants know how much time to give to you.


    G'd hunting.
    Hi,

    THE PHOTOS IS TAKEN BY US & IN OUR STUDIO

    We would like to hightlight to you, we do not really clear what is your point of your question?
    And kindly take note this is a photography session, is not a "Maths" class.

    We are most welcome you able to spare your precious time to visit us at 251A, Victoria Street, Bugis Village look for Mr Chung, let him provide & sharing further details with you.
    We wish to meet you soon.

    Thank you & have a nice day.

  6. #26

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by: Spectrum


    What I read from most mags & from some pros advise is that when shooting female pics, it's better to give a soft feel to it & not the strong feel which might ruin it. Unless she's a bodybuilder or something that are related to muscles, contour of a body & so forth....
    Anyway, Upz...for you dude.


    Hi,

    we strongly suggest you to visit our studio and find out more from us & we'll wish to show you our portfolio. Send me PM




    Hi Spectrum,

    Thank you for post us your PM, we couldn't reply to you, because your PM box is FULL.
    Kindly inform us once your PM box is available.

    Thank you.

  7. #27

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by: Spectrum


    What I read from most mags & from some pros advise is that when shooting female pics, it's better to give a soft feel to it & not the strong feel which might ruin it. Unless she's a bodybuilder or something that are related to muscles, contour of a body & so forth....
    Anyway, Upz...for you dude.


    Hi,

    we strongly suggest you to visit our studio and find out more from us & we'll wish to show you our portfolio. Send me PM




    Hi Spectrum,

    Thank you for post us your PM, we couldn't reply to you, because your PM box is FULL.
    Kindly inform us once your PM box is available.

    Thank you.

  8. #28

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by: Spectrum


    What I read from most mags & from some pros advise is that when shooting female pics, it's better to give a soft feel to it & not the strong feel which might ruin it. Unless she's a bodybuilder or something that are related to muscles, contour of a body & so forth....
    Anyway, Upz...for you dude.


    Hi,

    we strongly suggest you to visit our studio and find out more from us & we'll wish to show you our portfolio. Send me PM


    Hi Spectrum,

    Thank you for sending us your PM, we couldn't reply to you, because your PM box is Full.
    Kindly inform us when your PM box is available.

    Thank you.

  9. #29

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Sorry for the duplicated reply, because due to some network problem.

  10. #30

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Light
    Hi,

    THE PHOTOS IS TAKEN BY US & IN OUR STUDIO

    We would like to hightlight to you, we do not really clear what is your point of your question?
    And kindly take note this is a photography session, is not a "Maths" class.

    We are most welcome you able to spare your precious time to visit us at 251A, Victoria Street, Bugis Village look for Mr Chung, let him provide & sharing further details with you.
    We wish to meet you soon.

    Thank you & have a nice day.
    Thank you for the reply.

    Plse advise if the photo that is clear studio shot is representative of your single lighting style. The other cannot be done in your studio - the background is probably the auto show.

    Maths is used to gauge how much time is spent instructing and how much is spent shooting - if its a pure go to shot then it should be viewed as such, if it is a work shop/lecture with a little hands on then it should be considered on that basis. Your advertise time was 3 hours, your intend time availble for hands on ie shooting was 15minutes per person for 2 goes = 30 minutes per person. With 6 persons shooting this mean 3 hours are need for the hands on. What time is there left for instructions ? Model also needs time to do make up and change into outfits. Major discrepency in what is stated number of hours of program and what you will need to complete. Grin maths is very much a part of photography if you want to have a control over lighting - the auto everything camera has not quite reached that stage yet where no one needs to think before clicking.

    If have time surely drop by to view the studio's portfolio.

  11. #31

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by ellery
    Thank you for the reply.

    Plse advise if the photo that is clear studio shot is representative of your single lighting style. The other cannot be done in your studio - the background is probably the auto show.

    Maths is used to gauge how much time is spent instructing and how much is spent shooting - if its a pure go to shot then it should be viewed as such, if it is a work shop/lecture with a little hands on then it should be considered on that basis. Your advertise time was 3 hours, your intend time availble for hands on ie shooting was 15minutes per person for 2 goes = 30 minutes per person. With 6 persons shooting this mean 3 hours are need for the hands on. What time is there left for instructions ? Model also needs time to do make up and change into outfits. Major discrepency in what is stated number of hours of program and what you will need to complete. Grin maths is very much a part of photography if you want to have a control over lighting - the auto everything camera has not quite reached that stage yet where no one needs to think before clicking.

    If have time surely drop by to view the studio's portfolio.
    Hi,

    Firstly,
    Kindly read carefully of our previous reply for the description of the photos. I assume a newbie also knew the 2nd image is taken at outdoor.

    Second,
    A million appreciated to you for using your "brain power" to work out the "Maths" calculation for our workshop ! Thank you so much......

    You seem and sound like an expert, are you one of the organiser in C.S ?? If you are interested to exchange opinion with us, we are most welcome, pls feel free to visit us.

    Thank you & have a good day !

  12. #32

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    Hey dude, as an organiser in and out of this forum, I would like to offer you my 3 cents worth.

    I cant help but noticed that you kept asking them to visit your studio.... In fact, you sounded evasive whenever they asked more about your workshop/ shoot. Honestly, what's there to 'hide' ? Some of them may not have time to drop by your studio or even choose not to visit your studio for whatever reasons. It's their call - you cant compel them

    Remember ...You are the who needs participants here. If you continue to ask for PM, you are not going to achieve much. Logically, you will reach out to a larger group of CSers by just posting more info here. I remembered one even asked for credentials of your instructor(s). I mean why not ? They need to know or have the right to know. Just answer their queries ..you have more to gain by doing that

    There is one thing CSers like about this forum...that is transparency.... if you cant even offer this, I dun think you will get good response for anything you intend to offer in future. Pls dun sound like one of those time-sharing fellas and start pushing other courses / workshops to our CSers here if they turn up at your studio. It will be a total put-off.


    Good Luck !

    Hi AhV,

    If you are interested to exchange opinion with us, we are most welcome, because we knew that you are one of the organiser in C.S !

    Spare your precious time to visit us.



    Thank you & have a good day !

  13. #33

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    so how was the photoshoot? any feedback?? btw....i hope the feedback is not

    we strongly suggest you to visit our studio and find out more from us & we'll wish to show you our portfolio. Send me PM

    hehehe...

  14. #34

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    CNN! GNN! KNN! Why you so like that???

  15. #35

    Default Re: #01 Single-lighting Portrait

    Quote Originally Posted by rz67
    CNN! GNN! KNN! Why you so like that???
    relac lah..... hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •