Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3560758083848586879095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1994

Thread: Sentosa Thread XXII(aka "22") - MOvinG from SyDney To HoNg KoNG!! HapPy ANniVerSarY !

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXII(aka "22") - MOvinG from SyDney To HoNg KoNG!! HapPy ANniVerSa

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    i think EG has options to have the case come with or without the hdd, rite? i purchased the case-only, then plonk a 40GB hdd into it.
    Is it using IDE interface and those hard disk commonly use by the PC ?

If yes, then can go Sim Lim to buy hard disk liao
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXII(aka "22") - MOvinG from SyDney To HoNg KoNG!! HapPy ANniVerSa

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    meow,

So quiet ....

Guys I am thinking of getting a portable storage device to download my RAW files from CF cards while shooting outside. Thinking of getting CompactDrive PD70X

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=444

Any comments ?

Thanks
    Erh .. i'm using its older brother, the PD7X ... thought you know? Still remember the Shanxi model shoot ... i was with you and i was using it ...

Blog Entries

yep. its IDE interface. takes a little practice to get dat darn metal base plate off b4 installing the hdd tho...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Notebook hdd... but gotta becareful with the latch locking the 4AA batts inside ..quite scary that portion ... eastgear selling the replacement cover for the CF slot area.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Erh .. i'm using its older brother, the PD7X ... thought you know? Still remember the Shanxi model shoot ... i was with you and i was using it ...
    DA,

Very sorry. I totally did not notice cos my concentration was on the strage lah. You got a portable hard disk har ? Did not notice loh.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

yep. its IDE interface. takes a little practice to get dat darn metal base plate off b4 installing the hdd tho...
    i had no issues leh ... mine is just a puny 10GB ...

DA,

Very sorry. I totally did not notice cos my concentration was on the strage lah. You got a portable hard disk har ? Did not notice loh.
    I got mah .. .... PD7X .... i know la .. you were mesmerised by "leaves"

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXII(aka "22") - MOvinG from SyDney To HoNg KoNG!! HapPy ANniVerSarY !

Thanks DA and WF,

That device so scarely one har ? Maybe I just pop by eastgear to get a complete set with replacement cover for the CF slot area. Ask them do for me then I don't have to worrry loh.

Thanks
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Blog Entries

i had no issues leh ... mine is just a puny 10GB ...
    dunno me lah.... took me 10mins to pop the cover off. plugged in the hdd, screw everything back. powered it up.... then discover got hdd error. checked the error code, and discover need to re-format the hdd to FAT32 (originally a spare notebook hdd, formatted to NTFS). took another 10mins to pop the cover... wash, rinse, repeat.... u get the idea?

40GB was the smallest one i had. actually its way too big for my purposes. nowadays kinda hard to find new <20GB hdd.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

I got mah .. .... PD7X .... i know la .. you were mesmerised by "leaves"
    You so big size, how come I did not notice ? I myself also don't understand.

OK loh , next time when meet I will take a good look at you . OK ?
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Thanks DA and WF,

That device so scarely one har ? Maybe I just pop by eastgear to get a complete set with replacement cover for the CF slot area. Ask them do for me then I don't have to worrry loh.

Thanks
    You can get a spare cover also ... 1 around $1.95 i think ....

You so big size, how come I did not notice ? I myself also don't understand.

OK loh , next time when meet I will take a good look at you . OK ?

dunno me lah.... took me 10mins to pop the cover off. plugged in the hdd, screw everything back. powered it up.... then discover got hdd error. checked the error code, and discover need to re-format the hdd to FAT32 (originally a spare notebook hdd, formatted to NTFS). took another 10mins to pop the cover... wash, rinse, repeat.... u get the idea?

40GB was the smallest one i had. actually its way too big for my purposes. nowadays kinda hard to find new <20GB hdd.
    no need so thorough lah .. that's why i didn't get a 40GB ... cos too big is 1 thing ... if data loss .. really

and you're supposed to use the utility to format the hdd anyway

Think I will get something slicely more than 40 G loh.

Since I only shoot in RAW (6M per file) , if go for tour say for a week or so , 40G is just enough for me only.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Blog Entries

and you're supposed to use the utility to format the hdd anyway
    according to the manual, it works only for pre-formatted hdd. my 40GB was salvaged from an older laptop.

no need so thorough lah .. that's why i didn't get a 40GB ... cos too big is 1 thing ... if data loss .. really
    Like that then get two set each 20 G loh :P
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Think I will get something slicely more than 40 G loh.

Since I only shoot in RAW (6M per file) , if go for tour say for a week or so , 40G is just enough for me only.
    oh yah .. you shoot in raw most of the time ..

according to the manual, it works only for pre-formatted hdd. my 40GB was salvaged from an older laptop.
    One of my company director just got one (don't know which brand). It is pre-format and work fine. Then he itchy hands go and format it as NTFS.

Just now he call me for help to format it back to fat32 but my boss say that is personal issue so I should not help.

Now I act blur forget to call him back loh. If not I also dare not tell him "My boss say your problem is non-offical so I cannot help you !!! "

I am just a small fly only lah ...
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

oh yah .. you shoot in raw most of the time ..
    Actually is all the time expect once when the client request to shoot in jpg.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Blog Entries

One of my company director just got one (don't know which brand). It is pre-format and work fine. Then he itchy hands go and format it as NTFS.

Just now he call me for help to format it back to fat32 but my boss say that is personal issue so I should not help.

Now I act blur forget to call him back loh. If not I also dare not tell him "My boss say your problem is non-offical so I cannot help you !!! "

I am just a small fly only lah ...
    hahaha...

one idiotic thing abt windoze is dat u can format from FAT32 to NTFS. BUT there's no way of reversing it once u're done. i had to go and dig out a copy of partition magic 8.0, install into my PC and use it to re-format it to FAT32... took me 1hr+ to jump thru all the hoops to get it to work...

hahaha...

one idiotic thing abt windoze is dat u can format from FAT32 to NTFS. BUT there's no way of reversing it once u're done. i had to go and dig out a copy of partition magic 8.0, install into my PC and use it to re-format it to FAT32... took me 1hr+ to jump thru all the hoops to get it to work...
    With the help of a IDE to 2.5" IDE interface converter .... i usually take the hdd out and use gdisk. Saves me a whole lot of hassle.

hahaha...

Well,

Later if he come to me persoanlly, I thinking of using DOS fdisk to kill the ntfs partition then use a Win 98 System to format it.

Hope he don't come loh. He think I too free ...

Hope they are not CSer too .....
    Last edited by DarkForce; 29th August 2005 at 02:57 PM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春