Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's the Employers World

Default Re: It's the Employers World

hmm is there any website i could learn about all this terms? cos i never work for others before to get a bonus, so i dunno actually how the company should react to the pay & such of the employees...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

trust me, there are alot practices out there by companies which you would deem more unfair than the example you have stated above.

Hmm.. I wonder what is the use of labour law in Singapore?
    To help/protect the employer while they exploited us, the employee?

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Hmm.. I wonder what is the use of labour law in Singapore?
    To help/protect the employer while they exploited us, the employee?
    Actually Labour law in countries I know protect employers..... e.g. In Houston, there is a law that states if you are retrenched by your company, you are not allowed to go back to your former employer to get reference/recommendation letter. You are also not allow to call your company to look for your former collegues or supervisors..... Bottom line.... the law is only for the rich and powerful to get richer and more powerful... as for the rest.... too bad....

Talking Re: It's the Employers World

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    Actually Labour law in countries I know protect employers..... e.g. In Houston, there is a law that states if you are retrenched by your company, you are not allowed to go back to your former employer to get reference/recommendation letter. You are also not allow to call your company to look for your former collegues or supervisors..... Bottom line.... the law is only for the rich and powerful to get richer and more powerful... as for the rest.... too bad....
    Not quite in my company's case. The fantastic four, who were retrenched earlier, came back and were promoted within a year... heard they purposely voluteered for retrenchment to get the $$$ and have some vacation/holidays. Later they were recalled back to work when their former boss (buddy boss) needed them... What nice tactics to cheap company $$$...

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Not quite in my company's case. The fantastic four, who were retrenched earlier, came back and were promoted within a year... heard they purposely voluteered for retrenchment to get the $$$ and have some vacation/holidays. Later they were recalled back to work when their former boss (buddy boss) needed them... What nice tactics to cheap company $$$...
    Lucky them..... I wanna work there also.....

Not totally true. U can bring the case to MOM for arbitration. And if you are rich enough, can try taking the employer to court. Sometimes to prevent unnecessary (bad) publicity, there'll be out of court settlement.

Anthony
    Quote Originally Posted by USM
    A true story which I have come across.

White collar workers are not under any Unions, so they have no case to fight. You can't lodge a complaint to MOM too.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony.phua
    Not totally true. U can bring the case to MOM for arbitration. And if you are rich enough, can try taking the employer to court. Sometimes to prevent unnecessary (bad) publicity, there'll be out of court settlement.

Anthony
    This can go both ways, to get to arbitration may take awhile, in the meantime your current employer may get to know about it and that is not the way you want to deal with this... have to be tactful when it comes to ricebowl issues.

../azul123

Lightbulb Re: It's the Employers World

approach MOM for mediation, rather than arbitration. there will be no publicity. however, if the employer refuses to cooperate, MOM has options up its sleeve. most of the cases, it is resolved at this level.

however, going to a lawyer is always an option available.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony.phua

Anthony

The moral of the story is, next time if one is to resign....he/she should prepare to forgo all the bonuses...that way...the damage is lesser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12