Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Portrait Shots?

JaDe
    Guests

No other requirements like age or education level ?
    When is it held ?
    Erm watz your e-mail add ?
    Thanx !

Originally posted by rochkoh
    am interested in this activity. any chance a non-NTU student / NTU alumni / member of the public can join?

Yeah......me also wan to join in the fun...
    When would it be held?

Wait that date, the whole area are flooded with CS members...it will be fun!

JaDe
    Guests

tatz kinda cool..
    n guess it would be my first time meetin u ppl
    =)

Originally posted by mervlam
    hey chee,

NTU PVS is conducting an indoor and outdoor model shoot after the exams. maybe u can sign up, thus u can learn how to take better photos for ur gf.

if u are interested email me at mervlam@starhub.net.sg
    sorry to disappoint u guys... i forgot to state that it's open to only NTU students and staff plus NUS PS members (for outdoor only)... my fault for not making it clear... sorry!

interested participants that meet the above requirements can PM or email me.

sorry to disappoint u guys... i forgot to state that it's open to only NTU students and staff plus NUS PS members (for outdoor only)... my fault for not making it clear... sorry!

interested participants that meet the above requirements can PM or email me.
    what is PS members??? i dun really get it.

NUS Photographic Society

JaDe
    Guests

Ar !
    Tatz sad..
    =(

Hey mervlam,

how do i join the NUS PS? am currently doing my masters in NUS.

appreciated.
    rOCh

NUS Photographic Society

Originally posted by rochkoh
    Hey mervlam,
    how do i join the NUS PS? am currently doing my masters in NUS.
    appreciated.
    rOCh
    Yaya.....any backdoor?

sorry, i'm doing undergrad studies in NTU, and also currently is a committee member of the NTU PVS (Photo-Videographic Society)

however, u may contact NUS PS at photonet@nusps.org.sg or visit their website at www.nusps.org.sg
    Last edited by mervlam; 16th October 2002 at 01:06 AM.

Heh. The best shots I've seen on Clubsnap for quite some time!

(And I'm talking about the subject matter, not the photography, although that isn't too bad either )

Seriously, as someone else already pointed out, large softbox, but if it was a large softbox, it would only be to re-create what I saw it originally as. Windowlight. Nice, big, north facing window and bob's your uncle.

Certainly, you don't need a softbox, a softbox is only there to try to recreate the effect of a big lightsource. Certainly achievable with your existing kit.

Second shot, achievable by a range of factors. I wouldn't be so quick to jump at digital manipulation although it might well be. In the ancient old days, filter on the lens, but more likely filters on the light sources, could produce the same result.

Third shot; there are multiple ways of achieving this in PS. Also multiple ways of achieving this with a softfocus filter or lens.

hey chee,

NTU PVS is conducting an indoor and outdoor model shoot after the exams. maybe u can sign up, thus u can learn how to take better photos for ur gf.

if u are interested email me at mervlam@starhub.net.sg
    Thanks mervlam, but maybe i need to decide after the exam ends, coz i still planning a DIY trip to thailand with my frens for december, so not sure will clash or not.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12