Thread: Old Zenit camera.

Default Old Zenit camera.

I have a Zenit ET and the selenium meter is a bit sticky. Other wise it seems to be working fine. Sometimes I have to give it a slight knock to get it working, or not it is stuck in the no light position. I was wondering where can I send this camera for general servicing and what are the things they should check for. How much will it cost?

Default Re: Old Zenit camera.

Originally posted by Gunjack
    I have a Zenit ET and the selenium meter is a bit sticky. Other wise it seems to be working fine. Sometimes I have to give it a slight knock to get it working, or not it is stuck in the no light position. I was wondering where can I send this camera for general servicing and what are the things they should check for. How much will it cost?
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in all honesty most Zenits aren't worth repairing as the repair cost far exceedes the resale value of the body. With that said, if the camera has great sentimental value it *might* be worth fixing.
    Last edited by Ian; 11th October 2002 at 07:04 PM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

I like frank opinions, they're better than sugar coated ones anytime. Thanks for your advise. But still, my question is still not answered. I do not know where and what kinda price will I be looking at for some general servicing... and what kind of servicing can they do. I've got absolutely no idea...