Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Google Earth

  1. #21

  2. #22

    Default Re: Google Earth

    So if we found something of interest, how do I share the coordinates?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    You want terrorists to see what's going on real life?

    I want world peace!
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default How to share?

    Quote Originally Posted by firestone
    So if we found something of interest, how do I share the coordinates?
    you can manually type out the coordinates you see in the navigation bar but you'll have to change some settings.

    click on menu Tools -> Options and change to the following settings.


    next, click on Fly To and look at the navigation bar and type out in the textbox, the coordinates 1.289835, 103.855279



    This is much easier than to type out 37°14'37.77"N, 115° 46'53.83"W (not the same location, taken from post #6)

    Last edited by Drudkh; 25th August 2005 at 07:21 PM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Oh wow, first time I see our subs....cool

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Google Earth

    our subs?

  7. #27

    Default Re: Google Earth

    any idea why certain parts of Singapore is blurred while some parts are sharp? U guys get the same thing?

    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Google Earth

    runway on rooftop
    40.704518, -74.008282

    nazca lines
    -14.712120, -75.176306

    cosmo world, japan
    35.455329, 139.636605

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    any idea why certain parts of Singapore is blurred while some parts are sharp? U guys get the same thing?
    yah, same. guess its not updated yet.
    maybe google need to do PS cos that part is mostly military?


    anyone know what is this island?
    1.159999, 103.740539
    best place for sunset, sunrise and star trail taking!
    Last edited by Drudkh; 25th August 2005 at 04:58 PM.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Google Earth

    no leh...those parts are also housing estates. :|
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    no leh...those parts are also housing estates. :|
    no leh, its an island, just below sudong island.
    you click on Fly To, then enter 1.159999, 103.740539

  12. #32

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    no leh, its an island, just below sudong island.
    you click on Fly To, then enter 1.159999, 103.740539

    my coordinates of the blurred part and your coordinates different leh....the pix above? see? jurong....haaa
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    my coordinates of the blurred part and your coordinates different leh....the pix above? see? jurong....haaa
    chey, i thought you're answering my question. haha
    that part is blurred out for me too. same lor.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Quality now is superb!!
    That's right, pictures of Singapore is much better compare to few weeks ago.
    Try Perth or HK. Pictures are much clearer....

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    no leh, its an island, just below sudong island.
    you click on Fly To, then enter 1.159999, 103.740539
    anyone knows what is this island?

  16. #36

    Default Re: Google Earth

    wa cow... so detail already? last I check was just patches and patches of white clouds...

  17. #37

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    yah, same. guess its not updated yet.
    maybe google need to do PS cos that part is mostly military?


    anyone know what is this island?
    1.159999, 103.740539
    best place for sunset, sunrise and star trail taking!
    Hi Drudkh,
    I believe it's an island called Pulau Satumu. May not be the best place for star trails, as the Raffles Lighthouse is there. In any case, it's a no landing zone...
    "Here be dragons"??!

  18. #38

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    our subs?
    submarines..

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by chromodynamics
    Hi Drudkh,
    I believe it's an island called Pulau Satumu. May not be the best place for star trails, as the Raffles Lighthouse is there. In any case, it's a no landing zone...
    "Here be dragons"??!
    ohhh... thanks for the info. it looks like a holiday resort to me.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Google Earth

    I am trying to locate the great wall.. but lost myself in china.. anyone can help?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •