Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast

Thread: 大長今

Default Re: 大長今

Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    Y this Korea drama series in Singapore is not as hot as at Taiwan and Hong Kong? After watching this series.. i begin to realize tat i had never ever watch such a touching n romance drama series b4.. does anyone enjoy this series as much as i do?
    Wat Lau, this show is a BORE!!! I bought the DVDs @ $107 and after the 10th episode, my wife and I were yawning!!! And the worst is, I put up for sale in ebay and nobody wanted to buy it!!! DAMN, who want to rent or buy, pm me lah.. YAWN>>

Felt the same about the show also after about 10eps.

But fortunately, I tot the show picked up soon after. At least that is the case for me. Finishing it with a few more eps to go ......

Default Re: ???

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    i love Stairways to Heaven most.. the story is just so beautiful
    but I thought it is kind of errr... TYPICAL.

I have watched winter sonata, stairway to heaven and summer scent and somehow the three shows are VERY SIMILAR... I think qui tian de tong hua also the same but did not watch that.

At least the da chang jin is different. I hope. At least after 3 episodes, I found it rather refreshing from the typical korean drama I have watched so often. The "terminal illness" kind of thing is getting very boring....

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    Wat Lau, this show is a BORE!!! I bought the DVDs @ $107 and after the 10th episode, my wife and I were yawning!!! And the worst is, I put up for sale in ebay and nobody wanted to buy it!!! DAMN, who want to rent or buy, pm me lah.. YAWN>>
    Maybe you n your wife taste are quite different from us.. well anyway the drama hit highest record viewing on Taiwan n Hong Kong
    Last edited by Snake; 26th August 2005 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    ic ic ^^.. envy u~..

I want to go Korea!!!! but guess have to next yr
    i planned to go by this Autumn..

really!! so envy!!!! tour or free & easy?

really!! so envy!!!! tour or free & easy?
    Hehe.. not confirm yet.. hopefully can make it . Mostly by tour.. cos dunno they language

find for me and post here
    I can't remember which thread liao. Might b Baby photoaid thread.

Actually, last yr ard tis time I went to Korea (inclusive of the famous Cheju island). Shld b ard starting of autumn. I dun really enjoy the trip. Might b expectation too high. Coz everybody was saying how beautiful Korea is and some go there many times. Dunno izzit tat the season is not rite or wat. I even ask my tour group mates(4 young couples). They even felt the same way. The scenery is not veri breath taking leh and shopping in Korea is not shiok either. Somemore rain heavily 1/3 of the trip. Didn't buy anything. I prefer to shop in Singapore.

Btw, I never really into most of the Korean dramas. The only one tat I ever really follow is summer scent. Love tat leading lady. She is sweet. Dunno wat is her name. I aso love another Korea show which I oso try to follow. Dunno wat is the tittle. I watch it at every weekdays, 2:30pm. Nw no more liao. Is abt the whole Korean family. Their eldest son like a mute sweet lady and they are still in university. His mum against their relationship. Never manage to watch the last episode.
    Last edited by Funny; 27th August 2005 at 02:13 AM.

There is 70 episodes.....not 20.

It's a drama, so there is up and down.

Then you also very cute, spent $107 on something which you don't even know if you like it. Go watch again, watch until you like it lor.

* togu love the show after the first 2 episodes, and can't stop watching it after the 10th episode.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Then you also very cute, spent $107 on something which you don't even know if you like it. Go watch again, watch until you like it lor.

* togu love the show after the first 2 episodes, and can't stop watching it after the 10th episode.
    Yah man.......the young girl is SSSOOOOOO cute! Ya?

Not many young Asian child actress can act so well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Yah man.......the young girl is SSSOOOOOO cute! Ya?

Not many young Asian child actress can act so well.....

I love the part when the little girl sweeping floor, and they called her in for the exam. The way she answered the questions, and all their faces expressions is like....

Almost

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    I love the part when the little girl sweeping floor, and they called her in for the exam. The way she answered the questions, and all their faces expressions is like....

Almost
    Yah man.....she just totally amazed even Han Shan Gong! They were meant to be together...... oh........ok now going to watch Episode no.50 for the third time round!

haha.. read some of you guys' comments on mine.. We bought the DVDs becos the "Da Jua Geum" aka "Jewels of the Palace" is on 7pm weekdays. At that kind of timing, my wife and I are still at work!!! How to rush home & watch? Bought the DVDs, becos of it's hugh success aroud the region. But it was quite a disappointment.

My personal opinion,
    a) Why Jua Geum always managed to gain credits times and times again? It's happened throughout the whole 70 episodes.. e.g during the kitchen mdm competition, Mdm Han were kiddnapped, and Jua Geum won the cooking competition.. all becos of that little book her deceased mum left for her, and her silly story about feeding her mum on berries.
    b) Some awhile, I hated that silly grin on Jua Geum's face. Hey, she's already in her early thirties when she made the drama! But throughout the show, she seem to never aged! The only time I think she looked her real age, was during the last DVD, she was the kitchen mdm, she really looked old!
    c) And for god sake, at the last espisode, where she performed the ceasean operation for the vargant pregency woman in a cave by the beach, is she the one who invented ceasean operation???

Damn, becos of the incrediable tales of this woman, I did some research and found that the Da Jua Guem drama is very frictional!!! In history, there was no evidence that she was a kitchen helper. The only truth is she's the king's main phyisican. And there were only 10 entries of her in the King's records!!!

Yawn.. the show is a bore. But I like "Lovers in Paris". That show is different. The acting is super, especially the lovelorn young man. I liked alot of those 1-1 scenes e.g.
    (a) when the lovelorn young man asked his eldest brother to give up the lady while in a skating ring,
    (b) when the lady told the lovelorn young man (while in the same skating ring) that she liked her eldest brother and she only treat the young man as a "nephew" of her lover.
    (c) when the lovelorn young man told the lady (in the staircase landing) that he was the one who passed the car design to the coy's main competitor. And then the scene moved on to show that elder brother evadropped on the conversation.
    (d)
    And best of all, woohoo.. PARIS!!! Looking over the seine river..
    Last edited by eric69; 28th August 2005 at 01:34 AM.

Currently the show is on on weekdays at 7pm, only exclusively on SCV. If the show is available, say 9pm on Channel 8, I think the show will be a hugh success as in HK and Japan!

Currently the show is on on weekdays at 7pm, only exclusively on SCV. If the show is available, say 9pm on Channel 8, I think the show will be a hugh success as in HK and Japan!
    Channel 8 and Channel U can't afford to pay for the rights......plus it's a rival against their own lousy homegrown show. Starhub can show it exclusively as it's a paid channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Channel 8 and Channel U can't afford to pay for the rights......plus it's a rival against their own lousy homegrown show. Starhub can show it exclusively as it's a paid channel.
    Just recently caught a drama in China and Korea called "Love in Havard" the lead actress ... .

Same kind of plot, couple fall in love in havard and when they met in Korea again, fell in love again and now the lead actress is diagnosed with some kind of terminal illnesss....
    Well, I don't know much about Korean language.. images does the talking....

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Just recently caught a drama in China and Korea called "Love in Havard" the lead actress ... .

Same kind of plot, couple fall in love in havard and when they met in Korea again, fell in love again and now the lead actress is diagnosed with some kind of terminal illnesss....
    Well, I don't know much about Korean language.. images does the talking....
    Wah you also drama man har.........

haha.. read some of you guys' comments on mine.. We bought the DVDs becos the "Da Jua Geum" aka "Jewels of the Palace" is on 7pm weekdays. At that kind of timing, my wife and I are still at work!!! How to rush home & watch? Bought the DVDs, becos of it's hugh success aroud the region. But it was quite a disappointment.

My personal opinion,
    a) Why Jua Geum always managed to gain credits times and times again? It's happened throughout the whole 70 episodes.. e.g during the kitchen mdm competition, Mdm Han were kiddnapped, and Jua Geum won the cooking competition.. all becos of that little book her deceased mum left for her, and her silly story about feeding her mum on berries.
    b) Some awhile, I hated that silly grin on Jua Geum's face. Hey, she's already in her early thirties when she made the drama! But throughout the show, she seem to never aged! The only time I think she looked her real age, was during the last DVD, she was the kitchen mdm, she really looked old!
    c) And for god sake, at the last espisode, where she performed the ceasean operation for the vargant pregency woman in a cave by the beach, is she the one who invented ceasean operation???

Damn, becos of the incrediable tales of this woman, I did some research and found that the Da Jua Guem drama is very frictional!!! In history, there was no evidence that she was a kitchen helper. The only truth is she's the king's main phyisican. And there were only 10 entries of her in the King's records!!!

Yawn.. the show is a bore. But I like "Lovers in Paris". That show is different. The acting is super, especially the lovelorn young man. I liked alot of those 1-1 scenes e.g.
    (a) when the lovelorn young man asked his eldest brother to give up the lady while in a skating ring,
    (b) when the lady told the lovelorn young man (while in the same skating ring) that she liked her eldest brother and she only treat the young man as a "nephew" of her lover.
    (c) when the lovelorn young man told the lady (in the staircase landing) that he was the one who passed the car design to the coy's main competitor. And then the scene moved on to show that elder brother evadropped on the conversation.
    (d)
    And best of all, woohoo.. PARIS!!! Looking over the seine river..
    Alamak Love story again **YaWn**..love here.. love there.. cry here.. cry there.. too bore for me ** YaWn**..!! Anyway the one who love durian.. they will said taste good.. but the one who dislike.. they will said smelly.. well all depend on own taste.. Btw jus to let u know .. all drama are frictional until now.. so dun tk it so serious..
    Last edited by Snake; 28th August 2005 at 05:11 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast