Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1631363940414243465166 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC(3)! The Rise of the REDS!!!

Default Re: LFC(3)! The Rise of the REDS!!!

i think we are getting there now...
    better and better...it's sad that we lost..but i think alot of players' heart not in the game (especially the first half) probably because of Benitez's loss?
    but the way we played in the 2nd half shows how much we have improved...
    the way we attacked and played is what i believe alot of us has been waiting and wanting to see (during houllier's reign). we will soon play like the old valencia.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    better and better...it's sad that we lost..but i think alot of players' heart not in the game (especially the first half) probably because of Benitez's loss?
    the way we attacked and played is what i believe alot of us has been waiting and wanting to see (during houllier's reign). we will soon play like the old valencia.
    still remember Valencia outclassed us at Anfield couple of years back with Rafa in charge!

anyway, the Gooners fell 2-0 to Chelski.

seems like Chelski will wrap up the title yet again.

by the way, Essien is a 100% nut-case and bully.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

did not watch the game but the fact that we have 3 goals ruled offside and 2 hit the posts and 17 vs 0 corners... i think we do deserve to win.

Well, sometimes, thats the way life is. Just like we deserve to win the League Cup against Chelsea but lost and a couple of years back we deserve to lose against Arsenal but won.

Saw the game, and although Sau Paulo deserved their goal, I think we were robbed by the referees. We should have started with the same 11 that won the semi finals, ie, with Riise, Crouch and Cisse starting. Morientes was just tooooooo slow and their defenders were too tall for the long ball into the penalty area to have any effect without Crouch being there.

Next game against Newcastle; Owen's back at Anfield, but not in red!! Anyone going to bet that with the form he is in at the moment, he isn't going to score at Anfield?

Quote Originally Posted by ldft
    Saw the game, and although Sau Paulo deserved their goal, I think we were robbed by the referees. We should have started with the same 11 that won the semi finals, ie, with Riise, Crouch and Cisse starting. Morientes was just tooooooo slow and their defenders were too tall for the long ball into the penalty area to have any effect without Crouch being there.

Next game against Newcastle; Owen's back at Anfield, but not in red!! Anyone going to bet that with the form he is in at the moment, he isn't going to score at Anfield?
    owen won't score against us.

Newcastle is but an empty shell. we'll triumph!

i am happy that the clean sheet pressure and winning streak is out of the way. the team is too young to handle this type of pressure which is totally unnecessary as they can lose focus easily. like carra said, its better to win 2-1 then to draw 0-0 just to keep the clean sheet.

we have all seen the 'play antics' of south american teams in world cups. some countries are so above board that they should be handed out not only the oscars but every freaking performance-related allocade available. but i didn't expect to see that from a brazilian team. it has given me a new perspective of brazilian soccer teams. they don't deserve my respect anymore.

if memory serves me correct, sao paulo is the team that discovered pele giving him his first break. (http://www.latinosportslegends.com/Pele_bio.htm)

i am peeved about how fifa could allow officiants for the match to be from the same continent as one of the teams. where's the neutrality???? this time i think we should knock fifa about 'FAIR PLAY'.

with four prem games coming online when the reds return, it will be good for them to concentrate on it and whack the opposition.

i believe the rest of the prem teams would have watched the game and will be a little afraid, maybe not the right word, but give a little more respect to the red machine now.

winning the cl was a huge bonus besides the silverware reward. it has boosted the players confidence to a high level never seen before in the last five years. not even with the winning of the unique treble did that.

it will be interesting times ahead as we see rafa getting the result of how he wants the team to play.

interestingly, the way we are playing is similar to how the great teams of the 70's and 80's played their football. is this uncanning or is this planned? only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo
    i am happy that the clean sheet pressure and winning streak is out of the way.
    Agreed. Sometimes keeping these record can do more harm than good

Well how many times a team can scored 3 goals and all are ruled offside.

Though i didn't watch the game, from reading the match reports, the way we played in the 2nd half is encouraging.

Hope pool can 4get the episode n concentrate on EPL, the next 4 games are crucial

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean
    Agreed. Sometimes keeping these record can do more harm than good

Well how many times a team can scored 3 goals and all are ruled offside.

Though i didn't watch the game, from reading the match reports, the way we played in the 2nd half is encouraging.

Hope pool can 4get the episode n concentrate on EPL, the next 4 games are crucial

i noticed the disbelief look on the players when the Sao Paulo player scored. i find it hard to believe that some punk who fly at the merest of touches can score against us.

the team froze for a while and couldn't get it right. but 2nd half performance, man, Sao Paulo is there for the whipping! totally ran them over time and time and time again. if not for their antics, play-acting, Oscar nominations, time-wasting and the REF and the linesmen outright kelong, we would've slaughtered them!

good to get the clean sheet record thing over and done with. now the final stretch is on!
    Arsenal can't help themselves for all the care in the world, it seems like beating Chelski will rest solely on Liverpool and Man Utd's shoulder.

mux keep the winning run going to put pressure on Chelski. the return of Makelele halted their horrible performance. i can almost see ruffian essien getting sent off very soon. that guy's a nut-case!

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo
    i am peeved about how fifa could allow officiants for the match to be from the same continent as one of the teams. where's the neutrality???? this time i think we should knock fifa about 'FAIR PLAY'.
    The ref's from Mexico which belong to North America which is under CONCACAF.
    South America is CONMEBOL.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

The ref's from Mexico which belong to North America which is under CONCACAF.
    South America is CONMEBOL.
    yeaps, Mexico gets invitational pass to join in the Copa America competition.

still, from the same continent. not forgetting Italy in the 2002 World Cup and the sexy Mexican ref.

really amazed at the linesmen. see the ball hit the back of the net, raise flag. otherwise, put flag down!

amazing! not once, but thrice!

I think we still need to improve in our strikers poistion....how abt getting Thierry Henry since he is unsettle in Arsenal???? This will be GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedwagon
    I think we still need to improve in our strikers poistion....how abt getting Thierry Henry since he is unsettle in Arsenal???? This will be GREAT!
    That would be a dream come true but then think he's out of Pool budget i think.

Rather that spending so much on a single player rather get a few player to improve the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean
    That would be a dream come true but then think he's out of Pool budget i think.

Rather that spending so much on a single player rather get a few player to improve the squad

I always say it is like having a table with three legs - and you need to get the other one to fit properly.

Rafa

Exclamation Touching recollection of that miraculous evening!

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Colum...672263,00.html

"The Liverpool fans came to the European Cup final as sore-footed pilgrims, forced by road blocks to trudge at least a couple of miles to the Ataturk Olympic stadium. They were on their way to a trial of faith. With their side 3-0 down to Milan, the eye-witness reports were of occasional sobbing at the interval, and those who sang You'll Never Walk Alone cannot have been sure whether they were launching a rallying cry at the Istanbul skies or merely consoling themselves."

and then they won!

Personally, I remember telling myself when they went into the changing room at 0-3 down, "The ball is round, DO NOT SWITCH OFF the tv, do not switch off the tv........" Definitely one of my most memorable live football nights.
    Last edited by kahheng; 22nd December 2005 at 07:55 PM.

Default Re: Touching recollection of that miraculous evening!

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/Colum...672263,00.html

"The Liverpool fans came to the European Cup final as sore-footed pilgrims, forced by road blocks to trudge at least a couple of miles to the Ataturk Olympic stadium. They were on their way to a trial of faith. With their side 3-0 down to Milan, the eye-witness reports were of occasional sobbing at the interval, and those who sang You'll Never Walk Alone cannot have been sure whether they were launching a rallying cry at the Istanbul skies or merely consoling themselves."

and then they won!

Personally, I remember telling myself when they went into the changing room at 0-3 down, "The ball is round, DO NOT SWITCH OFF the tv, do not switch off the tv........" Definitely one of my most memorable live football nights.
    ppl will say that Liverpool fans love to live in their past and just go gaga over their very decorated history of which they are not able to reproduce now.

personally, 25th May 2005 at Istanbul is the best moment as a Liverpool fan. at 3-0 down, i remember cursing and swearing so loudly the whole family woke up to calm me down. take it easy! man... really was bad and down. so angry and can feel my eyes welling up! ha!

but i held on, thinking, hey we might not be in a Euro-Cup final for a very long time. i should stay up and watch them go up and get the runners-up medals.

but the team held on, sparked off by that header goal from a fired-up Gerrard, and a pot-shot by now depart Smicer and finally, a missed penalty but follow-up goal... haha!

LIVERPOOL!!! LIVERPOOL!!!!

sweet dreams are made of these...

reading on, i remembered the match against Olympiakos and the wonder goal Stevie G smashed in...

sweet dreams are really made of these!!!!!

LIVERPOOL!!!! LIVERPOOL!!!!!!

Default Re: Touching recollection of that miraculous evening!

i made some research then..champion league tix ard 1200 sing..air tix ard 1200 sing oso..say ard 600 extra for expenses..3k to watch 1 match..in the end decided against it..too troublesome..need buy tix on ebay..not sure safe anot..air tix oso not confirm can get..too ex for just 1 match..blah blah..boy..did i regret it..if i went..that 3k would definitely have been worth it..to witness something like that LIVE..but still..watching it on tv is still quite incredible though..i still rem the feeling at halftime..wanted to go sleep..that time i rem still cursing that need to go work tomolo..but still decided to watch till the end..1st goal..din move an inch..2nd goal..woke up a bit..started to sit up straight..3rd goal..geez..i woke up the whole bloody neighbourhood..after that was praying to everything i noe..witnessing the double miraculous save by dudek..similar to gudjonsen shot in the 96th min..i tot that was it..but no..penalties..even at that stage..i tot we would lose..dida n dedek..no contest..dida with his longer body frame..no chance..still..somehow..somehow..milan players just decided to choke..the worls best striker..can actually miss the crucial penalty..after scoing one to win a champs league sometime back..25 may 2005..neber to be 4getten..ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    ppl will say that Liverpool fans love to live in their past and just go gaga over their very decorated history of which they are not able to reproduce now.

personally, 25th May 2005 at Istanbul is the best moment as a Liverpool fan. at 3-0 down, i remember cursing and swearing so loudly the whole family woke up to calm me down. take it easy! man... really was bad and down. so angry and can feel my eyes welling up! ha!

but i held on, thinking, hey we might not be in a Euro-Cup final for a very long time. i should stay up and watch them go up and get the runners-up medals.

but the team held on, sparked off by that header goal from a fired-up Gerrard, and a pot-shot by now depart Smicer and finally, a missed penalty but follow-up goal... haha!

LIVERPOOL!!! LIVERPOOL!!!!

sweet dreams are made of these...

let just put it tis way..2005 is just liverpool year
    so many instances where pool could have..n should have gone out..
    grp stages..needed a result in the last game..barely made it
    needed 3 goals against oym in 2nd half
    juve..2 wonder goals brought us thru
    chel..keeping them goalless..garcia "goal"..gudjonsen shot..
    milan..enuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    reading on, i remembered the match against Olympiakos and the wonder goal Stevie G smashed in...

sweet dreams are really made of these!!!!!

LIVERPOOL!!!! LIVERPOOL!!!!!!

There are two more articles from The Guardian about that final (it's part of their end of the year look back at 2005):

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/...492011,00.html (Match report - it's quite hilarious reading in sections because the Guardian's football writers are extremely funny and irreverent)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/champ...672484,00.html (a recollection in Jerzy Dudek's own words - thank God he actually didn't screw up that night...)

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    There are two more articles from The Guardian about that final (it's part of their end of the year look back at 2005):

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/...492011,00.html (Match report - it's quite hilarious reading in sections because the Guardian's football writers are extremely funny and irreverent)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/champ...672484,00.html (a recollection in Jerzy Dudek's own words - thank God he actually didn't screw up that night...)
    Kahheng,

HA HA HA HA.. really good read and hilarious too!!!!!

yeah.. i still remember waking up the neighbourhood from my cursing and swearing (3 times to be exact!!) before half time. And i distinctively remember swithing on and smsing my friends... sayin good night... game over....

toss and turned in bed for the next 5 min....can't sleep...aiseh..get up switch on tv and played computer game... ...

next thing i know.... GOOOOAALLLL!!!.... ok 3 - 1.... and then .... 3-2 and then 3-3...

and the rest... is history

PS. I wonder whether anybody from my block complained to the police?