Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1328333637383940434863 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC(3)! The Rise of the REDS!!!

Default Re: LFC(3)! The Rise of the REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ldft
    We are through to the last 16, nad to make things a little sweater, Man U lost and are out.
    that's so sweet!!!
    Rio Ferdinand mux be a Chelski player in disguise!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Well... given their players and their lack of heart, i am not surprise.

To be honest, of the whole Man U team, i think i will only swap for RVN and Rooney with anyone in liverpool team...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Well... given their players and their lack of heart, i am not surprise.

To be honest, of the whole Man U team, i think i will only swap for RVN and Rooney with anyone in liverpool team...

i dun even want RVN. diving cheat
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    i dun even want RVN. diving cheat
    Shrek (Ops i mean Rooney ) isn't any better too, he's a walking time bomb, god knows when he will get himself send off for some silly reasons.

well i think if rooney comes to liverpool, benitez will "whip" him up and make him change to be more well-tempered. haven't seen bad boys in liverpool really...even diouf was so subdued when he was with us....
    who else?
    stan collymore?
    i believe playing for liverpool kinda makes u well behaved?
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    well i think if rooney comes to liverpool, benitez will "whip" him up and make him change to be more well-tempered. haven't seen bad boys in liverpool really...even diouf was so subdued when he was with us....
    who else?
    stan collymore?
    i believe playing for liverpool kinda makes u well behaved?
    Because the manager is a gentleman.

Look at Moan-rinho and his Ass-sien for the contrarian example.

Default Champions League 2005 Final DVD

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can get hold of the above DVD featuring the match in its entirety?

I found one in yahoo! auctions but it seems that the seller is selling a self-burnt copy.

TIA.

well..i think all liverpool managers have been gentleman??
    shankly?? i dunno
    paisley
    dalglish
    souness
    evans..too soft
    houllier
    benitez

that's why i always think it's good than we have benitez instead of mourinho..but ever wonder what if mourinho is our gaffer...maybe he also become gentleman the liverpool way
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Default Re: Champions League 2005 Final DVD

Quote Originally Posted by drafting88
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can get hold of the above DVD featuring the match in its entirety?

I found one in yahoo! auctions but it seems that the seller is selling a self-burnt copy.

TIA.
    i found some LFC DVDs at HMV citylink, including the "Champions of Europe Season Review 04/05 DVD". I'm afraid the above only contains footages but not the full match but there are other LFC DVDs there which may have. But the only one that i know with the full match was "Road to Istanbul" and i didn't see it there. can order from the club shop though but ex

the best chance would be to check out the liverpool fan club's shop

The Mighty Reds Store
    Liverpool Club House,
    UE Square Shopping Mall,
    81 Clemenceau Ave, #03-15/16
    Singapore 239917
    Last edited by giddygoat; 8th December 2005 at 08:47 PM.

Default Re: Champions League 2005 Final DVD

Quote Originally Posted by drafting88
    Hi,

TIA.
    Yep, you can get it from the Liverpool FC website, I got mine from there.

No one pose reply on today match har? 2-0! 10 clean sheet, more to come!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

so happy!! didn't watch today cos went out to movies. it's a great christmas present for long suffering liverpool fans to see the team playing lately with such confidence and desire. moro looks like he's settled and kewell is looking sharp after his injury. we're starting to play more like a team. of course, these are early days and we have not played man utd, arsenal, chelsea (champions league don't count for me), but it is looking hopeful. december will be an important month, especially the heavy fixtures at the end of the month. keep up the run and anything is possible.

pity we lost zenden to injury,probably for the rest of the season. seems to me like most liverpool signings must spend a year on the treatment bench....

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    No one pose reply on today match har? 2-0! 10 clean sheet, more to come!
    Let's go for another 10 consecutive sets of 10 consecutive clean sheets
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

damn chelski not dropping points

Momo Sissoko is for me the player of the match. I think he will really turn out to be like Viera. Let's just hope he tones down the silly tackles and that Rafa can mould him in the like of Gerrard who is able to attack, tackle and is aggresive without being dirty...

Sissoko for me is the buy of the season.

10 clean sheets! man! this is incredible!

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default The ride gets better from here on

Liverpool takes the fight to Chelsea, by scoring 2 past a determined Boro

During the10th December weekend, Liverpool takes the fight to Chelsea by overcoming a determined Middlesbrough.
    Morientes scored his 2nd and 3rd goals for the season and helps Liverpool stake its claims to the 2nd spot with 12 points behind Chelsea (and a game in hand). Liverpool is playing some good defensive football at this moment. The back four is tight and worked in unison. In the unlikely scenario that the back four is breached, Reina is there to pick up the pieces. Luckily for 'pool, he was lucky twice in tipping the ball away from goal twice with his feet on Saturday.

Liverpool is finding the right balance at this point this season. Early in the season, the back four was a bit shaky and the attack was suspect. That led to dropped points and games lost against the supposedly weaker teams.

Right now, the defence has gelled and stability has returned with Riise-Carra-Hyypia-Finnan providing very good cover for Reina. A lot of our defence has been written. I will not dwelve too much into this.

Next the midfield is also becoming a better attacking force. With Sissoko providing a "Hamann-like" defensive cover + a wonderful work rate (a-la Gerrard), he has given Liverpool a chance to be able to press forward and shift from defence to attack very quickly once the ball is won in mid-field.

Besides him, Alonso is proving to be a top-class midfield maestro. He is able to read the game and his teammates two seconds before anyone else. He is able to spot open spaces and (more importantly) is able to deliver pin-point crosses to them at the right moment. And because Alonso is so consistent in what he does best (providing the chance, delivering the cross and opening defences), he gives a lot of confidence to his teammates because they know that 90% of the time, they can trust him to give them the ball which will make the difference.

Why is that important?

This 'difference', i believe is the key in most of our attack waves this year. It also explains why we often have many shots on goal (often more than 20 per match). This special difference in the team allows flair players like Gerrard and Garcia to be confident to keep moving into spaces be confident enough that the ball will not be lost because of a misplaced pass. Imagine you are an attacking player like Garcia (playing in a defensively-biased team mindset from Benitez). You need to know that you will not be losing the ball, or be moving in a position to attack but end up not being able to get the ball into feet. If you are able to know that 90% of the time, you will be able to keep the ball, try something to score and yet has little chance to not get the ball or worse still losing it, You will definitely have the confidence to do it again and again the entire match.

This results in what i call the Balance of the team. With that ability of Alonso to open opponents up and with the confidence to move into spaces and carve our chances, we can easily turn defence into attack very quickly. This is the Balance which Rafa talks about. The ability to be tight and open up chances when we do have the ball and attack in waves.

Lastly, our attack force.

I believe our early season (say up till end October) weakness upront was down to Rafa getting the defence sorted out first. He believes that the first line of defence starts with the strikers. if they can keep the ball in the opponens' half, there is no need to defend. Because our early defensive work is suspect, i think he wanted everyone (strikers included) to track back and get the ball back into the other half. With this requirement, the strikers cannot be expected to score 3+ goals each match. We were lucky if we can get a clean sheet and be very thankful if we score one past the opponents.

Right now i believe the defence and midfield sorted out, + (big plus) the luck we have had with injuries this season, i think the defence and midfield balance is about right. Next stop the attack. From this point on, i believe the strikers will be given more freedom to express themselves and they will also be getting more support from the midfield and defence when attacks are launched. You will begin to see the defence line being played higher up and the midfield line being played neared to the 3/4 line. With a more consistent striker (come January), we should be able to put a fox-in-the-box in the penalty box and then start terrorising all opponents.

I think we are probably 2 players short of the balance that Rafa wants. He would need a RM and a new striker. Oh yes, some defensive cover as well.

Good luck Liverpool, the ride gets better from here on.
    Last edited by urban; 12th December 2005 at 11:31 AM.

Default Re: The ride gets better from here on

btw, I played Football Manager 2006 with essentially the same Liverpool team (got a left winger to replace Kewell who was out with injuries) and it won the Champions League + FA Cup + Premiere League in the first season Cisse was top scorer with almost a goal a match, followed by Morientes and Crouch (1 every two matches).

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Momo Sissoko is for me the player of the match. I think he will really turn out to be like Viera. Let's just hope he tones down the silly tackles and that Rafa can mould him in the like of Gerrard who is able to attack, tackle and is aggresive without being dirty...

Sissoko for me is the buy of the season.
    Yes, he does seem to be getting better isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Yes, he does seem to be getting better isn't he?
    Momo is good but not Veira standard yet... he's too rash and make careless tackles. If it's other referees, he prob would be sent off already. That said, 5m pound for me is worth the money as replacement for Hamann.. If only he develops Hamann's vision and interception.

Moreover, to sweeten it, we snatched Momo from the nose of EVERTON