Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ... 58910111215203560 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC(3)! The Rise of the REDS!!!

Default Re: LFC(3)! The Rise of the REDS!!!

M.O due for Medical tomorrow at St.James.

well done! that's another up from me for our European Footballer!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    M.O due for Medical tomorrow at St.James.

well done! that's another up from me for our European Footballer!
    i tot pools want MO?

gee NC paying so much for him.

17 mil. that's way more money than i'd be willing to pay for someone who left us high and dry. throw in a 80k-100k per week salary and even the sale of mickey shirts may not cover the cost. glad we didn't get sucked in into bidding for him. even 12 mil would be 12 mil we couldn't spare. to blow it one one player, especially in a position i feel we need to reinforce the least....
    we brought in another 2 kids
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50830-1437.htm

i'm very glad that rafa understands the importance of bringing in promising youngsters. now, if only we can get our hands on a CD or even a winger by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    i tot pools want MO?
    tas wat they said...
    but he's due in tyneside for a medical anyway...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

The ONLY reason I can think of why mickey mouse went to NC is that they are probably paying him the 100K per week that he craves.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    The ONLY reason I can think of why mickey mouse went to NC is that they are probably paying him the 100K per week that he craves.
    I hope he gets the Boos when he plays in anfield....
    heheheh... souness team also always have injury jinx...

this is crazy.

why on earth he wants to go newcastle??

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    I hope he gets the Boos when he plays in anfield....
    heheheh... souness team also always have injury jinx...
    dun be sour grapes lor. he did us a bad turn but it's over. i'll hope that he can do well with NC, as long as we win the matches against them. the way he left pissed me off too but he did do a lot for the team before that. let bygones be bygones. just be glad we didn't sign him for 17 mil and 100k per week.
    anyway, liverpool fans don't boo and behave like some other supporters. when NC plays LFC, we'll simply cheer all 7 goals we put past them and also cheer reina for his clean sheet

they are 2nd from bottom leh..

not 2nd from top.........!!! or maybe dear mickey reading league table upside down...

left liverpool for real madrad is understandable (i think)

but to go from madraid to newcastle is ridiculous...

like going from primary school to kindergarten...

this is crazy.

money,first team opportunity. him and shearer would make a good pair. Newcastle is a good team, with jenas, milner, boumsong, shearer etc, but problem is souness can't make them work so far. dun see them staying bottom and i guess neither does mickey.

anyway, i really doubt rafa wants him. really wonder about ciise though. did rafa really want to sell him?
    Last edited by giddygoat; 31st August 2005 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    dun be sour grapes lor. he did us a bad turn but it's over. i'll hope that he can do well with NC, as long as we win the matches against them. the way he left pissed me off too but he did do a lot for the team before that. let bygones be bygones. just be glad we didn't sign him for 17 mil and 100k per week.
    anyway, liverpool fans don't boo and behave like some other supporters. when NC plays LFC, we'll simply cheer all 7 goals we put past them and also cheer reina for his clean sheet
    alamak..... not sour grapes lah.... not targeting Owen also... just Dun like Souness only.... remember last time we play against his team? Who kena pai ka.... he still say no big deal.... NB........ I hope the Boos cos of all pple to play for he play for souness........ like last time man utd miss FA cup to play for World Club Championship in Brazil.... forgot who says liao.... "man Utd in Brazil? I hope they get diahorrea" same logic Applies.... M.O. in Newcastle? I hope they let in more goals than he score.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    money,first team opportunity. him and shearer would make a good pair. Newcastle is a good team, with jenas, milner, boumsong, shearer etc, but problem is souness can't make them work so far. dun see them staying bottom and i guess neither does mickey.

anyway, i really doubt rafa wants him. really wonder about ciise though. did rafa really want to sell him?

kekekeke newcastle good team... but super duper lousy coach.... LOL.... It is like asking me to manage Chelski.... sure from top of table become bottom of table.....

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Its dumb cos Newcastle paid 17M when RM was only asking for 12M. For footballing issues, its a transfer coup by Newcastle. They've got a world class SC. He will make a difference to them.
    Actually I am more skeptical. I don't think it matters how much money Newcastle spends - they actually already have a pretty good team on paper with a lot of talented players.

The issue is that they are simply not a team. They are just bunch of individuals who don't play enough for each other. I think the problem is the chairman and the manager.

I watched them play Man U the other day and the difference is like night and day. Man U is a solid 'team' because the players play for each other, run in support of each other for all 90 minutes. You can see that whenever any Man U player gets the ball, he always has someone moving into position to pass to. For that, my hat's off to Alex Ferguson. Not that I am a Man U supporter you understand - I don't support any EPL team; make that ANY football team in any league.

Charlton, that small unfashionable little club is another real 'team'. They don't have much money and yet Curbishley has been able to gel all his players together to operate as one unit.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Crouch no matter what ppl say, is still not in the class of Owen. Maybe even not half as good as him IMHO.
    Crouch is definitely not worth the dough that Liverpool shelled out. But you can't say he isn't in the class of Owen. He's just an entirely different type of forward. What he is is someone that the manager can bring on to change things on the field. In other words, he gives the manager options. You also can't say he isn't a proven goal scorer given last season's performance. But whether he will fit into Liverpool's game is something yet to be seen.

Liverpool is still NOT playing enough as a team if you ask me.
    Last edited by kahheng; 31st August 2005 at 03:26 AM.

this is crazy.

Desperation to play first team football. It's a coming WC year.

this is crazy.

Mickey mouse is not dumb... he knows that coming back to Liverpool, he will be viewed as a failure as well as a traitor. He joins NC, Shearer retiring soon, he will be king of NC....

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Actually I am more skeptical. I don't think it matters how much money Newcastle spends - they actually already have a pretty good team on paper with a lot of talented players.

The issue is that they are simply not a team. They are just bunch of individuals who don't play enough for each other. I think the problem is the chairman and the manager.

I watched them play Man U the other day and the difference is like night and day. Man U is a solid 'team' because the players play for each other, run in support of each other for all 90 minutes. You can see that whenever any Man U player gets the ball, he always has someone moving into position to pass to. For that, my hat's off to Alex Ferguson. Not that I am a Man U supporter you understand - I don't support any EPL team; make that ANY football team in any league.

Charlton, that small unfashionable little club is another real 'team'. They don't have much money and yet Curbishley has been able to gel all his players together to operate as one unit.

Crouch is definitely not worth the dough that Liverpool shelled out. But you can't say he isn't in the class of Owen. He's just an entirely different type of forward. What he is is someone that the manager can bring on to change things on the field. In other words, he gives the manager options. You also can't say he isn't a proven goal scorer given last season's performance. But whether he will fit into Liverpool's game is something yet to be seen.

Liverpool is still NOT playing enough as a team if you ask me.
    Yes... on paper NC is pretty strong. But they do have a lot of injuries and let go of many players this year. Also, what they lack is a good striker. if you look at their matches, they have played very well... they have matched Arsenal and Man U in those 2 matches...which is not what every team in EPL can claim....

Charlton... is a good team. They have consistently perform in EPL if you follow EPL. problem with them is no support from crowd and no depth... It will continue to haunt them this season. I think they will either scrape thru to UEFA place or just outside but should be in top 10.

As for Crouch... i think he will surprise a lot of people.... we'll wait and see.

this is crazy.

1. He can continue to receive his fat 100K per week pay
    2. He will be worshipped like a god there
    3. He can play in every match so he can keep his England place

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Yes... on paper NC is pretty strong. But they do have a lot of injuries and let go of many players this year. Also, what they lack is a good striker. if you look at their matches, they have played very well... they have matched Arsenal and Man U in those 2 matches...which is not what every team in EPL can claim....
    Actually I am not sure about their 'matching' Arsenal and Man U. Newcastle plays a brand of soccer where they frustrate other teams and yet, create nothing very much. Most things bog down right in the middle for them, and then they just try to punt the ball to their forwards. There's no doubt that they are battlers but it takes a lot more than that to win matches against the title contenders. It's does boil down to their having a crappy manager.

Man U and Arsenal (and Chelsea) play a much more deliberate game where the support is tremendous between the players. Man U has a lot more bite than Arsenal if you ask me. They are more tenacious, have the players with the skill, and in the few games so far, they look lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Charlton... is a good team. They have consistently perform in EPL if you follow EPL. problem with them is no support from crowd and no depth... It will continue to haunt them this season. I think they will either scrape thru to UEFA place or just outside but should be in top 10.
    Yeah, they are good aren't they? I mean this is all relative to the paltry amount of funds they have compared to the much bigger and wealthier teams. Yeah no depth in the team means they won't survive the long English season v. well. Still it's no wonder why people think that Curbishley will be the next England manager.

Actually, if you ask me, I think the FA should make Alex Ferguson an offer to manage England when Eriksson goes, sensational as that may sound.
    Last edited by kahheng; 31st August 2005 at 12:52 PM.

Actually I am not sure about their 'matching' Arsenal and Man U. Newcastle plays a brand of soccer where they frustrate other teams and yet, create nothing very much. Most things bog down right in the middle for them, and then they just try to punt the ball to their forwards. There's no doubt that they are battlers but it takes a lot more than that to win matches against the title contenders. It's does boil down to their having a crappy manager.

Man U and Arsenal (and Chelsea) play a much more deliberate game where the support is tremendous between the players. Man U has a lot more bite than Arsenal if you ask me. They are more tenacious, have the players with the skill, and in the few games so far, they look lethal.
    I stand by my view that NC did MATCH arsenal and Man U in those 2 matches.... you can say NC did not create much chances but the same goes to Arsenal and Man U. In fact, NC should prob win the game against Arsenal if not for the sending off of Jenas and a Ljungberg dive for a penalty... Against Man U, they only make 2 mistakes and they were punished... other than that i dun see Man U creating much also except for occasional threat from Rooney.

Yes... the big 3 is good... but i actually all 3 did not play well but still win. In terms of current form, i would say Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal in that order. Man U becos of Rooney as well as RVR looking very sharp, Chelsea becos of their depth and defence, Arsenal, Henry.

Yeah, they are good aren't they? I mean this is all relative to the paltry amount of funds they have compared to the much bigger and wealthier teams. Yeah no depth in the team means they won't survive the long English season v. well. Still it's no wonder why people think that Curbishley will be the next England manager.

Actually, if you ask me, I think the FA should make Alex Ferguson an offer to manage England when Eriksson goes, sensational as that may sound.
    AC as England manager? well, i dun think so becos he has not proven that he can beat the better team. Charlton did well, but they beat teams that are lousier than them and maybe ard their standards... But they hardly win against the big guys...

Tatically, he is also not proven as they are quite one-dimensional.

As for Fergie... no way he will be england manager... No one likes him

Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ... 58910111215203560 ... LastLast