Thread: campact cam, olympus mju II - spot meter

Default campact cam, olympus mju II - spot meter

Hello guys, I wonder any users of olympus mju II, the compact film camera. There is a 'spot meter' mode on that camera, it can be activated by pressing together the two tiny button behind the camera.

That 'spot meter' mode means that the camera will take centre spot as exposure instead of overall picture, right? to avoild the object you put in the centre comes as under exposure. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Then, if i use the general P&S tip, point on object that will have right exposure, half press to look the exposure, then reframe it. Does this method serves what 'spot meter' trying to do?

Default Re: campact cam, olympus mju II - spot meter

Quote Originally Posted by LENS

Then, if i use the general P&S tip, point on object that will have right exposure, half press to look the exposure, then reframe it. Does this method serves what 'spot meter' trying to do?
    Yes, based on my experience using the MjuII, that is how it works.
    One issue thought is that the 'spot meter' function gets reset whenever you swicth off the camera (slide cover closed). Which means that you have to press those two buttons again to reactivate spot.

Hope that helps.

Default Re: campact cam, olympus mju II - spot meter

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    Bear in mind it also 'focus' when you half-press the shutter button. As the camera like to default to f2.8 so bear in mind your depth of view will be shallow if shooting close objects.